Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'll be pissed if she gives us an album filled with songs we have already heard in full or parts of after such a long wait...

Same here. The only way she can make this wait for NFR worth is if she pulls thru with a 20 track album,,,, we’ve heard almost the whole thing if it’s only 13 tracks which is just fucked

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Same here. The only way she can make this wait for NFR worth is if she pulls thru with a 20 track album,,,, we’ve heard almost the whole thing if it’s only 13 tracks which is just fucked

a bloated album will flop by design. the actual only way she can make the wait worth it is if she pulls through with a GOOD cohesive album periyad. wanting 20 tracks is like asking for bad songs

a bloated album will flop by design. the actual only way she can make the wait worth it is if she pulls through with a GOOD cohesive album periyad. wanting 20 tracks is like asking for bad songs

Girl there’s gonna be bad tracks anyway. At least Antonoff’s production is really good.

Imagine LFL but with a good producer... like, how can y’all be against this?

Justice for the 20 track album we DESERVE

gLoD.gif

Girl there’s gonna be bad tracks anyway. At least Antonoff’s production is really good.

Imagine LFL but with a good producer... like, how can y’all be against this?

Justice for the 20 track album we DESERVE

quantity does not equal quality. There are super long albums that are extremely well done, but just having more tracks for the sake of it is a self fullfilling prophecy for an incoherent, messy abum full of fillers. I'd rather have 11 tracks that I never grow tired of listening to, with lots of nuances to dicover than a 20 track record where I skip 10 songs after listening to them twice.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I have a horrible feeling that one of the songs we lust for is not on the album. I’m betting HIAB. Because of the way she re-used the video for it and was supposed to drop it s a year ago.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I have a horrible feeling that one of the songs we lust for is not on the album. I’m betting HIAB. Because of the way she re-used the video for it and was supposed to drop it s a year ago.

It probably will make the cut since she posted the last part of the song in January with the caption « Norman Fucking Rockwell »

HTD is somewhat polarizing, I think. I will withhold final judgment until I hear the finished track, but LDR writing a Springsteen-ish/Billy Joel-ish blue collar/working class song with the coarse line “they just crack another beer” is both hilariously funny and also fairly depressing, as is the maudlin obviousness of the song, especially the syrupy ending.

I know she likes to try all genres and pulls many off well, but ‘blue collar Lana’ is not one I am interested in hearing from.

If LDR sang about spilling a martini, it would suit her image or former image, but LDR “cracking a beer”?? Intended seriously and not as a parody or satire? What’s next? Opening a can of Spam or changing a dirty nappie?

I know she’s said, in the last year, that she’s “writing the most beautiful songs,” but I hope she doesn’t think HTD is one of them.

For me, it’s way down on the LDR totem pole and doesn’t, in my opinion, hold a candle to ‘Video Games,’ ‘Summertime Sadness,’ ‘Yayo,’ ‘Ride,’ ‘Cola,’ ‘Gods & Monsters,’ ‘Old Money,’ ‘Black Beauty,’ or ‘Terrence Loves You.’

To me, it seems be among her worst tracks since she took the LDR name.

for anyone who thinks "blue collar Lana" is not a core part of her music and experience -- pls queue up my go-to Lana playlist for when im pissed im broke:

-Velvet Crowbar

-Children of the Bad Revolution

-Queen of the Gas Station

-Trash Magic

-Money Hunny

-Elvis

-Pawn Shop Blues

the good sis used to push a "trailer park princess" shtick. she has spoken candidly ab poverty / addiction / living on the road / beer / etc in her songs since before Born to Die.  are we talking about the very same "Pabst Blue Ribbons on ice" Lana?

i dont think she's being disingenuous with this. i think it's part of who she is.  but hey, fuck the poor right?  let's all just keep worshiping wealth and celebrity while the world burns! who tf am i kidding im on a lana del rey forum

oh cracking a beer is working class now?!  :thumb3:  :thumb3:  :thumb3:  :thumb3:

she also wasn't talking about herself cracking a beer, she was talking about john doing it. wtf is this shit

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

quantity does not equal quality. There are super long albums that are extremely well done, but just having more tracks for the sake of it is a self fullfilling prophecy for an incoherent, messy abum full of fillers. I'd rather have 11 tracks that I never grow tired of listening to, with lots of nuances to dicover than a 20 track record where I skip 10 songs after listening to them twice.

I mean she has to have delayed the album for some fucking reason so don’t mind me over here hoping she’s been working on more amazing tracks and that we get a long tracklist xo

gLoD.gif

To be honest, Lana could scrap HIAB off the tracklist and I wouldn't care :creep:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

for anyone who thinks "blue collar Lana" is not a core part of her music and experience -- pls queue up my go-to Lana playlist for when im pissed im broke:

-Velvet Crowbar

-Trash Magic

-Money Hunny

-Elvis

-Pawn Shop Blues

the good sis used to push a "trailer park princess" shtick. she has spoken candidly ab poverty / addiction / living on the road / beer / etc in her songs since before Born to Die.  are we talking about the very same "Pabst Blue Ribbons on ice" Lana?

i dont think she's being disingenuous with this. i think it's part of who she is.  but hey, fuck the poor right?  let's all just keep worshiping wealth and celebrity while the world burns! who tf am i kidding im on a lana del rey forum

this. she's said repeatedly, regardless of her own class status she has a thing about 'the underbelly' like kerouac or whatever. look at the kinds of men she's talked about?! would imagine some of those characters would definitely "crack beers" while sat smoking in their boxers lmao, even if you find the phrase jarring in the song's context she could also be paying homage to how they'd personally phrase it. this is the stupidest debate yet i'm finished  :thumb3:

edit: in that song she also talks about them having cuts on their face, fighting and getting high so.. i don't think they'll be carefully sipping martinis

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

-Velvet Crowbar

-Trash Magic

-Money Hunny

-Elvis

-Pawn Shop Blues

honestly, this. her entire early career is "blue collar" - not only that, she actually embraced white trash as an identity for quite a long time. (there's a lot to be said about that, of course: a privileged white girl basically slumming it & "experiencing" the poor life from the cushioned position of someone who'll always be able to run back to mom and dad if things *really* get rough, but that's kinda beside the point here - almost as moot a point as questioning bruce springsteen for still singing about the blue collar working life now that he's a famous millionaire. but i digress.)

i think that's definitely a part of her identity now, and even a big part of her more glamorous styles usually include trashy / kitschy signifiers like the stripper nails, chola makeup, hippie-looking floral dresses, all the americana references, glittery/bejeweled stuff etc., which weren't unintentional coincidences. i might be completely mistaken, but i actually think she identifies more with trashiness than with genuine, earnest glamour - by that i mean that her persona often depicts someone trying to ooze glamour from an "underdog" standpoint (stripper, housewife, prostitute, struggling artist, addict etc.) rather than adopting the role of the unattainable, perfect music star. even the insta baddie / vloger thing hints at that same thing, in the sort of meta way of a famous pop singer basically role playing a person aspiring to get famous via social media.

edit: also, she covered *sublime* of all bands lmao, arguably one of the most uncool, trashiest bands of the 90s... i mean!

:ohno:  :smokes3:  ok i will admit i'm a little testy ab this bc i think How To Disappear is truly one of Lana's best, at least in this era.  even if she's giving me straight up "ladder song" by bright eyes.  i think lyrically, musically, emotively, the motifs of boys fighting and getting high and cracking beers, ughhh i-... it--  it all makes a sad bruised bowery bum faggot like me wipe the tears from my cheeks with dirt stained calloused hands while standing in a shadowy corner, before hitting the blunt and strutting back into the ring like "yeah bro im all good lets do this"..

oh god i wanna say fuck NFR. but i need this album in my life, heart, and soul!!!

I swear if i see that stupid for being stupid and hey blue baby songs on the album...

I swear if i see that stupid for being stupid and hey blue baby songs on the album...

we gonna celebrate! :lolliney: :dance: :party: :kris:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven