Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

[...] It’s way too short, doesn’t build to anything, and since the vocalist has no emotional investment in the material, even in the sort of ‘pretend’ way she did on ‘Diet Mountain Dew,’ it seems even shorter and hollower, more like a demo or a throwaway B-side than a finished track.

The music and the musicians are the stand-outs, rather than LDR. Her voice sounds good, but she seems to breeze through the song without any sense of commitment, style, or care.

Couldn't have said it better myself

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Yes, but those are songs that have lyrics that generally fit the themes of her original music e.g loneliness, relationship breakdown. Doin' Time is lyrically outside of her regular themes and literally references people that have nothing to do with Lana or her life.

yeah, this is my feeling too. it's also why her cover of skeeter davis' end of the world is one i love

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

So a close friend that used to work on Universal and still have some friends there told me Insterscope is doing a test. Like: ''if we do everything rigth (radios, playlist, release it on friday) can she hit again?'' or NFR its a lost case and gran public doesnt care for her at all. So keep streaming and buying to show them she isnt a lost case ;)

Or don't stream anything to show them she is  :whatever2: 

#freelana

I don't think it's because the lyrics aren't hers. I loved her version of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. The Other Woman? Haunting, mesmerizing. And her cover of Goodbye Kiss was a million times better than the original. It sounds a lot more meaningful and emotional from her, Kasabian's version just sucks lol. She definitely made that song hers. Doin' Time, on the other hand...her version's flat as fuck. Not bad, just...unnecessary. It didn't have to exist, and yet it's there.

Even though I really like Doin' Time, I definitely agree. Like if it were on an album it would probably be a filler.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Ok, I really like the cover, I’ve kept it on repeat for longer than a sane person would, but

I’d reeeaaaallly love to hear some proper album news too, please. :ohno:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Yes, but those are songs that have lyrics that generally fit the themes of her original music e.g loneliness, relationship breakdown. Doin' Time is lyrically outside of her regular themes and literally references people that have nothing to do with Lana or her life.

I get what you're saying, but I think she should be able to relate to at least half of the song. It's similar in theme to BAR, and the elements you mentioned are there. Loneliness, relationship breakdown, loving someone who's bad for you & a bad person in general, having a cold/neglectful lover, being cheated on, being miserable in a relationship, fantasizing about killing your significant other, etc. There might not be a Bradley, Ras MG or Louie in her life, but overall I wouldn't say Doin' Time is outside of her regular themes at all. I could definitely see this being an original LDR song with some minor changes (pronouns, names, etc)

i live in a small town in illinois and people who don’t even love lana as much as me are already talking about this song! and everyone i’ve shared it with are so shook and they love it. this is gonna bring her back from the dead i can feel it

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

The official audio is now at 747k views on YouTube, HIADT did 502k in its first 24 hours, Venice bitch did 947k and MAC 980k

Confirmed:

MAC > VB > DT > Hope

VB deserves better, though.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Hope > HBB > HTD > SFBSH > MAC > VB > DT

yes i threw a couple of others in the mix shoot me goddammit, i want her sad country girl shit

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

She puts another audio on the video..She was probally listening Sublime original version

She's singing along the high notes and they're not in the original so

i live in a small town in illinois and people who don’t even love lana as much as me are already talking about this song! and everyone i’ve shared it with are so shook and they love it. this is gonna bring her back from the dead i can feel it

My casual fan friend who liked everything pre LFL and isn't stan culture at all said she can't stop humming Doin Time so we're getting somewhere!

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif