Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

So a close friend that used to work on Universal and still have some friends there told me Insterscope is doing a test. Like: ''if we do everything rigth (radios, playlist, release it on friday) can she hit again?'' or NFR its a lost case and gran public doesnt care for her at all. So keep streaming and buying to show them she isnt a lost case ;)

jesus, this makes it sound like she might get dropped by her record label!

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

It could be a blessing in disguise, though. I'm sure an indie label would be keen to sign her, and I'm sure Lana would appreciate it too. I feel like both Lana and Interscope have outgrown each other in terms of what they want out of music.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I’m always trolling and saying Interscope will drop her but it won’t happen because she still makes enough money for them, Carly Rae Jepsen has released like 10 flops in a row and they haven’t dropped her yet

I’m always trolling and saying Interscope will drop her but it won’t happen because she still makes enough money for them, Carly Rae Jepsen has released like 10 flops in a row and they haven’t dropped her yet

Yeah that person doesn’t have a friend who used to work at interscope lmao or they’d be giving us a lot more info

not me streaming Doin’ Time on Spotify for the past hour.

gotta get those numbers up.

same same

wow that writer has a decidedly limited vocabulary if they genuinely felt the need to resort to the word decidedly more than once in a 2 paragraph review lmao

it's just the way i feel

those high distorted vocals after the choruses of Doin Time sound like they have the same effect as they do in the chorus of cinnamon and now my faith is restored 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

uhhhhhhh 

verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus + upbeat tempo + autotune = pop

On iTunes they have it down as pop, her only song all the others say alternative just noticed it there when I bought it. I only have LFL, Honeymoon and MAC, VB, HDGHJJJGDJDK and it on there but every other song says alternative.

vAkhocs.png

So a close friend that used to work on Universal and still have some friends there told me Insterscope is doing a test. Like: ''if we do everything rigth (radios, playlist, release it on friday) can she hit again?'' or NFR its a lost case and gran public doesnt care for her at all. So keep streaming and buying to show them she isnt a lost case ;)

IF (big IF) Interscope really has been pushing her to release hit song material, then she may have been experiencing label issues again. Think about it (the darkness, the deepness). Interscope has been lenient with her last couple of releases, but maybe those dynamics have changed for some reason?

Remember how she said that “You don’t negotiate when it comes to your work or your art. You stand totally firm and take the consequences"? What if this is exactly what's been going on behind the scenes for the past couple of months?

I mean, why would she announce the release of NFR to be at "the top of the year", then claim that "there is no plan" and passive-aggressively tweet "who knows when it'll be out". Besides, the album is done.

My theory is that she did have a plan initially, but something must've happened and she is withholding NFR. However, this is all speculation, it's all based on what @@lustforlife said. 

On iTunes they have it down as pop, her only song all the others say alternative just noticed it there when I bought it. I only have LFL, Honeymoon and MAC, VB, HDGHJJJGDJDK and it on there but every other song says alternative.

vAkhocs.png

Mine, in Canada, says alternative... 

That's a "problem" with her and with music in general: the genres are all mixed up. Halsey was considered alternative but now plays on pop stations, same with Bastille... And so on. Many of Lana's songs are a mix of many genres, though she used to be in the alternative tabs of music services. 

I wonder what are Interscope's expectations when it comes to her sales: because if they want pop numbers, it probably won't happen... 

I also agree with Pitchfork. It’s a really fun summer bop and adds some depth to the original, but it’s not on the level of the NFR tracks.

I would like to see her add some bass to her future tracks again, though. Trip hop Lana is great.

probably the first ranking i'm not offended by

i hav good fcking tastebyds they're elongated and engorged

This is total BS. If they wanted a hit they would have sent it to pop radio, not AAA. There would have been a high budget video, etc...

Interscope doesn’t need Lana to have hit song and be a pop star. She has found success without that and they know it. She sells music just fine in her own genre and makes even more money for them with successful tours. Definitely more than other major label artists bring in.

Don’t listen to these rumors guys. It’s fake heresay