Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

kinda sad how she won't top VB this era :/ why release the best song so soon?

Sis she didn’t even too MAC with VB :hooker:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

4 singles (and counting) released before an official album release date or lead single are announced... since when did Lana turn into Charli XCX?

Boom clap the sound of my tears as Lana teases on and on and on and on and

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I get what you're saying, but I think she should be able to relate to at least half of the song. It's similar in theme to BAR, and the elements you mentioned are there. Loneliness, relationship breakdown, loving someone who's bad for you & a bad person in general, having a cold/neglectful lover, being cheated on, being miserable in a relationship, fantasizing about killing your significant other, etc. There might not be a Bradley, Ras MG or Louie in her life, but overall I wouldn't say Doin' Time is outside of her regular themes at all. I could definitely see this being an original LDR song with some minor changes (pronouns, names, etc)

This. Absolutely agreed. I feel like this song is more LDR than her Nina Simone covers, for instance (though I think they fit the themes well, too).

And maybe she relates to DT on some other levels too: the fact that David Kahne produced the original song, and the death of the lead singer who died of a heroin overdose. 

You're complaining but don't forget some other artists do worse. FKA twigs released the first single of her second album in 2016 if I'm not mistaking, the second single in 2019, and we still know nothing about the album. Lana takes her time, but at least she's still releasing and we know the album is done.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

You're complaning but don't forget some other artists do worse. FKA twigs released the first single of her second album in 2016 if I'm not mistaking, the second single in 2019, and we still know nothing about the album. Lana takes her time, but at least she's still releasing and we know the album is done.

Well ..  I'm not trying to be argumentative but we don't know that it is. Ben said that it wasn't after sis said that it was (and Ed said something really non-committal and useless that I forgot) so idk ... is it?

And ...  you know ... what's the point of it being finished if we don't have it?

Like I'm not going be all happy about it being finished when at this point it's about as real as the frickin' unicorn on her journal. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

You're complaining but don't forget some other artists do worse. FKA twigs released the first single of her second album in 2016 if I'm not mistaking, the second single in 2019, and we still know nothing about the album. Lana takes her time, but at least she's still releasing and we know the album is done.

Nah, you've got your info wrong. The stuff that FKA twigs did in 2016 was standalone, not part of an album. Also, her new album is supposedly titled Magdalene and she's performed a bunch of the new songs from it already; even more than we've heard from NFR, if I'm not mistaken.

Twigs scrapped her stuff from 2016. The single from this year is her starting fresh, and she's performed about 4-5 songs from the upcoming album during a recent tour. Her absence from 2016-2019 was largely due to medical issues, as well as extensive training, which she communicated to her fans about.

I'm completely behind with FKA :') And I thought I kept myself informed, sorry haha

Well .. I'm not trying to be argumentative but we don't know that it is. Ben said that it wasn't after sis said that it was (and Ed said something really non-committal and useless that I forgot) so idk ... is it?

And ... you know ... what's the point of it being finished if we don't have it?

Like I'm not going be all happy about it being finished when at this point it's about as real as the frickin' unicorn on her journal.

I believe Lana when she said it was. It's been for months. Ben is just being bitchy because of all the harassment happening with people asking the album. By saying it's not done, it's easier to calm people

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 MAC

2 NFR

3 Cinnamon

4 HIAB

5 HIADT

6 “... in your car...”

7 Hey Blue Baby

8 I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy

9 “... you don’t ever have to...”

10 Bartender

11 HTD

12 VB

13 Doin’ Time

If this is the tracklist will y’all be pissed???

And also, if (on the off chance) it is the tracklist, let’s let it sink in that the only songs we won’t have heard yet are Bartender and the title track

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Hey Blue Baby is too western saloon, and Stupid for being happy cancels out and polarizes HIADT, Bartender, seems real interesting, but sounds a bit too polished to end up on the record, conceptually, and we're not even sure about the "stronger than u really are" snippet being a different track.

She mentioned in Elle Canada that she's expecting to release a couple more tracks before releasing the record, and if DT is actually one, then we've blurted out a single already..

We've already heard HTD, but I doubt she'll be willing to release that as a formal single atm, she seems like she's riding a happy wave rn so, HIAB?, dislike how she was laughing at not knowing the lyrics in that one insta snippet vid, but maybe she's just pretending that it doesn't phase her, our tourlyfe disses. Cinnamon? Too much of a spicier niche track.

I'd be totally surprised if she gave us a completely new song next tho - come to think of it, have we even heard the title track even? If there is one?

UV/Honeymoon

"change is a powerful thing" ​triforce of power

"hope is a dangerous thing" triforce of wisdom

...are there any other things? ​a triforce of courage perhaps???

Omg a fellow Zelda fan! :hdu: ... Can we be friends? :cuteface:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 MAC

2 NFR

3 Cinnamon

4 HIAB

5 HIADT

6 “... in your car...”

7 Hey Blue Baby

8 I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy

9 “... you don’t ever have to...”

10 Bartender

11 HTD

12 VB

13 Doin’ Time

If this is the tracklist will y’all be pissed???

And also, if (on the off chance) it is the tracklist, let’s let it sink in that the only songs we won’t have heard yet are Bartender and the title track

I'll be pissed if she gives us an album filled with songs we have already heard in full or parts of after such a long wait...

Lana #5

Halsey #2. 

Lana - a cover song from a documentary that may appear on her upcoming album that is already 3 singles in.

Halsey - the lead single from her upcoming album after having a #1 hit

Like it makes sense why Halsey is #2 on the playlist.