Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Y'all are EXHAUSTING. Go hate her albums somewhere else what the fuck yeah we get it you don't like Paradise/LFL/whataver guess what? No one fucking cares!!!!!!!!!!

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

not sure how u can say that when ride, American, cola, blue velvet, gods and monsters, the superior version of yayo, and bel air exist

but back on topic, NFR will decimate her other albums (maybe not UV or HM though, we’ll see <3)so it doesn’t really matter

The whole album was fresh and cool back then but now it just souds so fake and forced into her persona. Btw the AKA version of Yayo remaind unbothered, Paradise's version is acutally the worst. She even managed to make it cinematic but not a bit emotional compared to all the other versions she did, including live ones.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Do yall see NFR ending with a Get Free-esque cathartic type song, or a cover like she did on UV & HM?

How to Disappear sounds like a closer but I'm scared Jack ruined it with that weird production he was doing on the livestream 

How to Disappear sounds like a closer but I'm scared Jack ruined it with that weird production he was doing on the livestream 

HUH????

imagine if the cover was lana driving into a piano with her truck... a serve

Something this chaotic but unironically

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

You know, that weird instrumental 

https://youtu.be/gQBFErxU2uY?t=386 

FGLKHJWLGDBNMH how haven't I seen this

Big fan of that instrumental tho but it's also like maybe it should be a piano ballad........... just possibly........

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

yeah I was so excited to just hear the piano ballad version of it, the new version kinda sucks ngl. I can see either VB or IYC (or IYC will be right at the middle almost like a hopefully long interlude) being the closer though.

The whole album was fresh and cool back then but now it just souds so fake and forced into her persona. Btw the AKA version of Yayo remaind unbothered, Paradise's version is acutally the worst. She even managed to make it cinematic but not a bit emotional compared to all the other versions she did, including live ones.

I guess I kinda agree with you there, but Ride remains to be one of her signature songs that I actually love, but honestly I liked the Paradise era more than the BTD era. Her fanbase was more solid, Tropico provided a good amount of fan service, and she wasn't afraid to be more edgy with Gods and Monsters and Body Electric. Some of my favorite shots of Lana are from the era, including the Virgin Mary one ( :defeated: ). It was probably her more problematic era though with the Ride music video and her whole :toofunny:  chola  :toofunny:  thing  :toofunny:  in  :toofunny:  Tropico  :toofunny: . Honestly though, despite being kinda shoehorned into her persona, I think the production is much more balanced and better compared to BTD. Also you've never cried to the Paradise version of Yayo and it SHOWS (jk) but tbh I just enjoyed the Paradise version more because its a lot more atmospheric and dreamy, and it feels like you're in a bad trip and desperately trying to get out (which is basically the whole message of the song). The second verse and the bridge are amazing.

sgopYhV.gif

Paradise is not good and that's a fact

This is some old bullshit right here.

Bad taste, bad opinion, everything about this is bad.

giphy.gif

Indeed that htd instrumental that jack was working on is bland, generic, average and it just doesn't have anything special.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***