Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I so wanna listen to MAC now but after reading people saying they're not gonna listen to the singles despite the fact I have VB in one of my most listened to playlists........... make it make sense until the album comes out so it's fresh I think I'm gonna just torture myself

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

I so wanna listen to MAC now but after reading people saying they're not gonna listen to the singles despite the fact I have VB in one of my most listened to playlists........... make it make sense until the album comes out so it's fresh I think I'm gonna just torture myself

Stream Lucky to celebrate an upcoming album  :party:

giphy.gif

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

not sure if this is old news but doin time was added to kiis-fm one of the biggest US pop radio stations !!!

seems her label might be trying to push for more

Didn’t she say that the last three tracks would be a bit more guitar driven or rock influenced? So having MAC as the closing track would go against that I think.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

If anything, the “are you ready for it?” in MAC feels like she’s presenting what’s to come - this “new” era. So I think it would make sense to have it at the beginning too

Could MAC be the transition track? The « are you ready for it? » could be for the more guitar tracks to come and therefore, be placed mid-record? I always saw that song number 1 or 2, but the piano ballads will be on the first half of the album...

not sure if this is old news but doin time was added to kiis-fm one of the biggest US pop radio stations !!!

seems her label might be trying to push for more

I've heard that they did this by themselves. But yeah that could me a hint for some other radio stations to add the song as well. It's what she deserves. 

giphy.gif

I'm positive this has been mentioned a while back but could 'are you ready for it?' hint towards a Taylor Swift collab? I think NFR won't have any contributing artists, but Lana may feat. on one of her songs? especially since Swift is coming out with new music?? and ya know the ariana/miley/katy collab rumors are all pop so the demographic fits???

I 100% believe 'are you ready for it' is about her future and is very personal to her, but it could work as a double maybe.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Didn’t she say that the last three tracks would be a bit more guitar driven or rock influenced? So having MAC as the closing track would go against that I think.

So having VB as the closing track would go perfect with that :creep:

I think the opener is definetly MAC, it just has that energy. Then I guess it's gonna go in this upbeat piano direction like Cinnamon, HIAB, maybe HTD with those new beats that make it more similar to Cinnamon in sound, then the sadder tracks come, like Stronger and ghjhiughnjfhnj, after that I feel like NFR comes in, followed by IYC and other rockier songs, with VB as the closing track

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I'm positive this has been mentioned a while back but could 'are you ready for it?' hint towards a Taylor Swift collab? I think NFR won't have any contributing artists, but Lana may feat. on one of her songs? especially since Swift is coming out with new music?? and ya know the ariana/miley/katy collab rumors are all pop so the demographic fits???

I 100% believe 'are you ready for it' is above her future and is very personal to her, but it could work as a double maybe.

Yeah. It was discussed some time ago because in Taylor's new video Ryan Reynolds was Norman Rockwell and we know that Tay likes eastereggs  so who knows. Collab is possible. 

giphy.gif

Could MAC be the transition track? The « are you ready for it? » could be for the more guitar tracks to come and therefore, be placed mid-record? I always saw that song number 1 or 2, but the piano ballads will be on the first half of the album...

thats such a good concept ahhhh

i always assumed the are you ready for it had to lead us into something different

In my restless dreams,
I see that album.

Norman Fucking Rockwell

You promised you would release it
at the top of the year.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone here now..
With no record...
Waiting for you...

Yes, but she’s getting so many streams from it. It wouldnt make sense not to include that on the album

If it was made for the sublime doc then I really don't see it being on the album tbh- the closest she's had to having a song recorded for an ad on an album was blue velvet, and that wasn't specifically for h&m. If Y&B wasn't on an album with the amount of streams it got, I don't see doin' time being on nfr.

locals only

If it was made for the sublime doc then I really don't see it being on the album tbh- the closest she's had to having a song recorded for an ad on an album was blue velvet, and that wasn't specifically for h&m. If Y&B wasn't on an album with the amount of streams it got, I don't see doin' time being on nfr.

This makes perfect sense to me but something to think about is importance of streams. Even just a few years ago it wasn’t as heavily relied on much less 6+ years ago.

While it makes sense to not have Doin Time on there I can def see the label making it a bonus track to take advantage of the additional streams.

Do I think Lana would be happy with that, probably not. But I feel like she has had to make some compromises to get this album out the way that she wants.

My hype was so at bay for this album but now I’m getting so excited thinking about it and ya talking about it. Hopefully these months go by fast!

You can tell he was fine tuning it. That's the final version, too much work to be joking. And im HAPPY because it sounds amazing. If it was just ANOTHER stupid piano ballad with nothing else in terms of production then fuck that.

Here's to hoping other snippets got the treatment they DESERVE. COUGH COUGH you don't ever have to COUGH COUGH.

Might actually pull the song from the sewers because right now it's hanging out with Hope in the shitpile

Jack’s Truly, Madly, Deeply-esque production on the second HTD snippet was actually sum hot garbage. I really don’t think Lana would ever put out something THAT corny but either way we’ll have to just see what stuck when the actual album finally cums

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Personally was noting vibes, and I know that's kinda frustrating to discuss for some, but I clung to that thought nd went with it. Tech speaking if anything, was trying to refer the intensity levels of the track. Groupie Love's mellow and sensual, and at least for me, that's how Cinnamon sounds like (or what we have from it)

Hope that bridges something, lemme know if or how that might make sense

It makes sense luv!! You’re making me like groupie love again hmmmm

I think the true question is. Will, DT be on the record ? Suuuuummertiiiiime giphy.gif

I think it makes sense to be on it but, just think, if DT, MAC, Venice and Hope all ARENT on the album thats 4 more slots for songs we’ve never heard before!!

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

This makes perfect sense to me but something to think about is importance of streams. Even just a few years ago it wasn’t as heavily relied on much less 6+ years ago.

While it makes sense to not have Doin Time on there I can def see the label making it a bonus track to take advantage of the additional streams.

I'm not thinking about what makes sense so much as what she'd be allowed to do. Would she even be able to put it on the album if it's not really her song and it was done for the sublime documentary? I doubt disney would allow her to put the maleficent song(s) on if she wanted to, for example. Plus it's not like doin' time is having a crazy amount of streams, it's still less than MAC, VB, Hope etc- i know it's been out for much less time, but still. Not to mention whether the number of streams is decreasing, which I think someone mentioned it is. It doesn't have the best replay value. Copyright / ownership issues aside, I don't think it would be that much of an anomaly that her label would make her put it as a bonus.

Agreed about wanting the two months to go quickly though  :smokes3:

locals only