Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

byeee byee miss american rey, drove your mustang to the hillsong, your music MIA

them baddie friends drinking matcha and rye, saying "on your private jet we will fly"

it's just the way i feel

I understand wanting to give up. There's not even anything wrong with that. She's allowed to want to do something different in life. She's not our slave, and she doesn't have to put out an album every year till the day she dies. But she [CONTENT WARNING] owes us some goddamn honesty. Say it was good while it lasted, and now it's time to move on. It's not hard to tweet "Sorry guys, I'm sick of fame, I'm tired of touring & coming home only to be forced into a studio to record another album. I might release new music again sometime in the future, but I plan on spending the next few years focusing on my personal life & my mental health. Hope you understand." She can give her phone to a barista at Cha Cha Matcha and ask her to type the words for her if it's too much work. But obviously, it's more profitable to lead us on while doing the bare minimum.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

It doesn’t let me quote LanaFlowers but good sis you are so on point. This is the shit I was talking about at the beginning of this era but even with L4L I already had the feeling she wasn’t the Lana we knew anymore. She doesn’t care because she isn’t trying to make it anymore. Very sad, disappointing & honestly quite heartbreaking for those of us who have loved her for so long. I’m not mad about her changing, I accept it although it’s sad but what’s upsetting is the way she’s treating the people who literally make it possible with our love & support for her to continue making her art. I’m over it at this point because it’s been a while now & I’ve gotten used to this new person she is or, maybe, this was her all along & she’s just now showing it. With an era like this, what more can we expect for the future? Remind yourself it’s not about the wait or wanting to take a break, it’s about the kind of treatment she’s giving us, I’m sorry but the teasing is becoming mockery at this point. She could’ve been happily living her life without dangling new snippets at our noses in a “oop just kidding” manner. Just sad is all. And I don’t want to hear she doesn’t owe us anything just shut up u little slimy worms let me and my gurls n gays be sad. This too shall pass

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

i wonder what colour the vinyl will be

You little trouble maker. I did this yesterday and instantly regretted it. But to answer your question, it’s going to be a really yellow piss color to symbolize how she’s taken a piss on all of us & how she hasn’t been drinking enough water bc she’s too busy driving & doing sex with chase

aside from anything else...... this is all just so boring. like, as i've said before if she'd shunned public life and that was in part why she wasn't releasing the album then at least there'd be some mystery but she's pretty active on social media and even most of that content is self indulgent and dull as fuck

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Guys ok I hate these fucking “I have inside info” posts because they’re obviously fake but please you have to listen to me, I can’t even believe I’m fucking typing this because I’m always like “that’s such bs” but my best friend’s ex boyfriend’s cousin’s mom’s coworker’s deceased’s uncle’s neighbor was about to piss themselves so they ran to the nearest building to take a piss and that building happened to be interscope and in the restroom she overheard Benjamin say “ugh lana doesn’t want to releas albom bekos someone on lanaboards said something mean about her ears” and also that she’s planning on releasing it the 3rd of March of 2020 since its international ear care day.

Believe it if you want but these are my fax

aside from anything else...... this is all just so boring. like, as i've said before if she'd shunned public life and that was in part why she wasn't releasing the album then at least there'd be some mystery but she's pretty active on social media and even most of that content is self indulgent and dull as fuck

Isn’t everyone on social media? She can take a step back from the public and still use social media. Do you suggest she throws out all technology and locks herself in her house? Just because someone doesn’t care for being a celebrity anymore doesn’t mean they have to erase themselves from life. I mean, none of us are famous but I’m sure we all still go on social media often. If anything, she’s showing us even more that she’s being a regular person living their regular life. If you don’t like it though, you can unfollow her. You can even block her and it would be like she wasn’t on social media. I mean, it’s not mean to block her if you don’t wanna see her on social media, it’s not like you’re friends. Even then, it’s just social media, block anyone you want. It’ll bring you peace of mind if you can’t take her posting.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Isn’t everyone on social media? She can take a step back from the public and still use social media. Do you suggest she throws out all technology and locks herself in her house? Just because someone doesn’t care for being a celebrity anymore doesn’t mean they have to erase themselves from life. I mean, none of us are famous but I’m sure we all still go on social media often. If anything, she’s showing us even more that she’s being a regular person living their regular life. If you don’t like it though, you can unfollow her. You can even block her and it would be like she wasn’t on social media. I mean, it’s not mean to block her if you don’t wanna see her on social media, it’s not like you’re friends. Even then, it’s just social media, block anyone you want. It’ll bring you peace of mind if you can’t take her posting.

guess what i mean is when people excuse this hiatus/mess they usually do so by comparing her to musicians who did this kind of thing in the 70s/80s/90s when there wasn't social media and it was all or nothing and in my opinion somewhat less hypocritical. as i've said before the music industry is highly competitive and has changed hugely and yes by all means she can use social media and yes most of us use social media but given her level of fame it's kinda shitty to grab for likes and engagement and fawning from fans when she deletes their very polite questions about an album she's teased them with over and over... usually on social media

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

THIS! rt X1000000. after delivering 4 gorgeous albums, each one telling a story, maybe she just doesn't have anything to say anymore. it's like she had what she wanted and did what she had to do. that spark she and us felt during her early days is gone because singing and making music just isn't special to her anymore, it's like it's all been done before to her. you could see how passionate she was during BTD and Paradise era, this mix of excitation and fear in her eyes is just.... gone. i think we should just accept that this Lana is just not alive anymore, and that maybe she just wants to live a normal life now, maybe start a family. i mean she's in her thirties, it wouldn't surprise me.

and i think i'd rather see her quiting than delivering forced and dull pieces. what is she gonna lose anyways? she had her impact on the music industry, her glory days and one of the most successful and iconic album of all time. she shaped herself, she had her own persona, and her own world. she's settled down now. it hurts to say it but it wouldn't surprise me if she announces her retirement after the NFR release, and honeslty, it would be better for everyone.

the lies, unprofessionalism and mediocrity of this era.. we don't deserve it, and she doesn't as well. if she wanted to quit, she should just say it instead of ruining what's left of her career the way she's doing. if i was her i would want to end her story in a beautiful and touching way.

not feeding her decline with matcha and soccer moms.

cuz sure, people are gonna praise her debut and honor the iconic american gangsta lolita she was, but in the back of their head, the messy lazy hillsong baddie is going to ruin the picture ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(ps: you both are so right and i love when you post so much)

I absolutely agree with everything you said & I couldn’t have said it better. As hard as it is to imagine, I’d rather see her retire an icon than to see her ruin her legend with whatever is going on right now.

Thank you so much sugar! I feel the same about you & your posts, a million kisses for you both. :hooker:

For Christmas I want a private group chat with my favorite ppl from here.

Also since NFR is coming out in December she’ll rework some of the songs into carols & maybe I’ll finally like Christmas

Eggnog

In my teeth

From your kiss

Jingle my bellsssss

In Your Sled, Happiness is a Gingerbread, How to Decorate, North Pole Bitch, Marinade the Chicken Complex, etc

The album isn’t coming in the next two months. Why do some of you still trust anything Lana says idk...

Just stop, think of your well-being. Do some yoga or something more productive. Steam one of your other favourite artist, live your best life rather than seething over an album that’s probably been heavily fucked around with just like LFL.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371