Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

ok looking back now, i told some friends abt what i heard and those messages were in November. The person who told me was in that groupchat. Big difference from November to March but I only remembered i was in rehearsal and i didn't know if it was for my fall play or spring musical.. it was the fall play.

Anyways, they said a double feature and one other video. Double feature was going to be filmed and the other video was already filmed [as of November 2018](no clue about what the single vid is) and that chuck filmed a short film including more than ome song which is probably the MAC,VB,HIAB video and probably what chuck meant when she first mentioned a film back in September. I forgot about until now because it had been so long!!! That's so awesome to see they weren't lying. They also said she was split on releasing Sylvia or Cinnamon so i guess she made the final decision as Sylvia... Just know we could've had Cinnamon in January. Let that set in

Wow.... we really could’ve had Cinnamon.... I’ve only listened to Hope a handful of times... ugh.

Their screenshots are definitely real. She follows some of them and this is not the first time of her talking to them. Maybe she just simply asked them to be simply quiet about all that. Or maybe they just wanted to be exclusive.

And I honestly don’t think the video was shot in December, although it was originally planned to be. Maybe there were some budget issues? Or something with Rich’s schedule? Idk honestly but I hope nothing bigger was scrapped and maybe this whole concept is more polished now. Who knows.. I really hope she speaks on this whole premiere issues as soon as she finally releases the album.

I agree! Maybe it was planned but I think it had to do with schedules lining up. Idk why, but I feel like she mentioned something concerning that? Maybe I’m imagining shit. But anyway, filming def had to have happened recently.

So instead of there being actual leakers leaking snippets, it was Lana herself who wanted to play leaker this album cycle!! weird.... lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

So what did I miss? Someone please fill me in, so I don’t have to go back and read through 100 pages of speculation on whether a real track list has been posted, when we will get any new information, when the release date will be announced, what’s going on with the password, the vinyl color, when the pre order will be up, why she’s going to that church and so on for like just one piece of new information lol.

So what did I miss? Someone please fill me in, so I don’t have to go back and read through 100 pages of speculation on whether a real track list has been posted, when we will get any new information, when the release date will be announced, what’s going on with the password, the vinyl color, when the pre order will be up, why she’s going to that church and so on for like just one piece of new information lol.

She made a double music video for songs “fuck it I love you” and “the greatest”

dRSFzvJ.jpg

LIZARD PEOPLE

i didn't read all the previous 100 pages but still...

after lana announced a double music video for songs "fuck it i love you" and "the greatest" someone here said there was a tracklist with the second one but no one found it so far. the preorder and release date could be revealed any time in august tbh, but it's almost 100% confirmed the album will drop on 30/8 (i literally contacted all these russian record shops with that info to make sure). the vinyl color question is still open lol

giphy.gif

She made a double music video for songs “fuck it I love you” and “the greatest”dRSFzvJ.jpg

i didn't read all the previous 100 pages but still...

after lana announced a double music video for songs "fuck it i love you" and "the greatest" someone here said there was a tracklist with the second one but no one found it so far. the preorder and release date could be revealed any time in august tbh, but it's almost 100% confirmed the album will drop on 30/8 (i literally contacted all these russian record shops with that info to make sure). the vinyl color question is still open lol

Oh man! Thank you guys so much! I’m super excited for these new videos. So there isn’t a for their release date as of yet?

so do we want the lust for life font or the btd/uv original font for the album cover 

to be honest...neither.

since the btd/uv font thing was broken, reverting back to it would be strange. but the lust for life font was just ok.

These pictures are giving me “doin time” vibes, maybe she reworked the sound of the record? :( I don’t know what to expect but I’m excited anyway

Maybe then the record has a chance if she did

She looks gorgeous in that first picture, wow. Best look in ages.

That new font is kind of cool, I guess, but keep it away from the album cover. 

Some Jesse Jo Stark fans are bitching on instagram about the LDR font and Lana's look. Apparently Jesse created that look and letter font and Lana is copying Jesse. *sarcasm*

giphy.gif

PS: Lana looks gorgeous and I love that pink bathing suit she's wearing! 

Yep, several russian sites confirmed to me they'll start selling LPs and CDs on 30/8

That's bullshit. They have nothing. 

That's cruel. Lana looks beautiful and is wearing a bathing suit that suits her body beautifully. 

Anyone on Twitter should post this picture to the two idiots. That should shut them up. 

marilyn-monroe-.jpg

Venice Bitch is also a long ass video and well... I don't think there's a single person who actually stans that video like for real

A rare species

i do. i love the song that much.

the video is honestly so great to play on tv if you're hanging w friends or just hanging out by yourself. or, from your laptop while taking a candlelit bath. 

yes, a lot of it is looped driving footage. it's so effectively used. the first ~four minutes intersperse purely enchanting clips of lana, and like, is she even acting? 

but it is an intense song with a dramatic, dreamy beat change slowly unwound into wandering and exploration… and those moments are when she dips out, and the music takes over. those unfixed hours on the freeway—literally, the open road—are for us to vibe in our own way. 

finally, as the wayward guitar solo melts into the sunset, we and lana reconnect. she sounds satisfied. confident. comfortable… oh look, silly lana, getting in trouble with the police again. 

she ain't mad. she's having fun.

lana-venice-bitch.gif

I'll say it again but GOD french medias are not having it, they literally destroyed good sis translate from French to English y'all i hope it'll be good cuz they trashed her so bad https://m.tdg.ch/articles/14323378

I mean...Lana's concerts are a tad boring. She's been using the same imagery on stage for a while. She barely sings. She uses recorded background vocals instead of using live singers. She runs and signs things for fans in the front. People in the back don't hear or see shit. 

Lana's music is not meant for big stadium stages. I mean it is what it is. 

giphy.gif

So now that she gave us some info about her releasing 2 videos, people want to claim that they already knew about it but just forgot about it? Lmao yea... ok

So now that she gave us some info about her releasing 2 videos, people want to claim that they already knew about it but just forgot about it? Lmao yea... ok

The person who posted it claimed they wanted to keep it a secret until sis announced it. 

If it's real then I think it's somewhat shitty of her to be telling 5 randos shit in a private chat but she couldn't bring herself to say a damn thing to everyone else about the album for, what, 7 months? Shit like that is why there are so many toxic attention-seekers in this fanbase, because she enables them by creating an "us and them" mentality through her behaviour. 

Whatever. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I mean...Lana's concerts are a tad boring. She's been using the same imagery on stage for a while. She barely sings. She uses recorded background vocals instead of using live singers. She runs and signs things for fans in the front. People in the back don't hear or see shit. 

Lana's music is not meant for big stadium stages. I mean it is what it is. 

i'm really disappointed by her singing skills. i mean yeah, she got more confident through the years but she can't hit those high notes anymore and doesn't care to actually perform when she has the pre-record

giphy.gif