Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

What song do you think that casting call for a Lana music video is for? I can't imagine any of these songs having a "Grease" type of vibe besides maybe The Greatest? Maybe she hasn't filmed the double music video in its entirety yet?

And she said it would also have a rock twist right? I can’t think of any fitting songs unless one of them explodes into something more.

Double album confirmed :hooker:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Honeymoon is a mood, I guess. It's mellow, laid-back, melancholic. She sounds so aerial on that one. It's her most «Old Hollywood» record to date, which I love, and it also has a lot of «Mediterranean charm» to it as well. There are so many wow moments that hit you after a couple of times. it is also her most perfect record to listen to when you are working on something else (computer, homework, writing): it puts you in a transe. Her voice is so superb. And I love that it's like nothing that is out there. Listening to UV, it felt as if I had found a lost end-of-sixties vinyl by an unknown singer; with HM, it was as if I had found a 40's-or-50's-diva-starlet vinyl. 

Yeah I know what the album sounds like, I just think it's overrated. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

And she said it would also have a rock twist right? I can’t think of any fitting songs unless one of them explodes into something more.

Double album confirmed :hooker:

Yeah, out of all the snippets I can see Bartender being more than a downtempo but we shall see! The Greatest, Bartender and Doin' Time are the three I would think of off the top of my head

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Yeah I know what the album sounds like, I just think it's overrated.

Honeymoon is terribly underrated and underappreciated. BTD would be an overrated album, but HM is far from that. It's just that good. You can dislike it but objectively, the music quality is something else

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I'm so French red wine flows in my blood and I have baguettes for arms but when Looking For America chorus comes on I have an urge to stand up and put my right hand on my heart and look at the stars with a single tear running from my eye

ZKcaooE.png

Honeymoon is terribly underrated and underappreciated. BTD would be an overrated album, but HM is far from that. It's just that good. You can dislike it but objectively, the music quality is something else

Agree a million times

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

I think HM & LFL were her most "personal" albums. I think all the others she played a role.

VB & MAC are sometimes "real" but most of the times it sounds like she is not writing about herself and her experiences.

Mfhp.gif

I think HM & LFL were her most "personal" albums. I think all the others she played a role.

VB & MAC are sometimes "real" but most of the times it sounds like she is not writing about herself and her experiences.

But she said NFR was about her daily life and her sad girl sh*t

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

???

qfrWuBl.png

do we think the setlist will stay the same throughout her upcoming shows? 

and 

how is she gonna change it up? what are we expecting from her?

I'm expecting her to drop White Mustang and change the medley, maybe stop singing Black Beauty. OTTR maybe will go too, otherwise there's too much BTD. I'm worried she will stop singing PWYC, she's probably sick of that floor perfomance, but I love hearing that song live and it would pretty much mean the death of UV and it could join HM in the grave.

I guess she will replace something with HIAB or Cinnamon, or at least FIILY.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

I'm expecting her to drop White Mustang and change the medley, maybe stop singing Black Beauty. OTTR maybe will go too, otherwise there's too much BTD.

I guess she will replace something with HIAB or Cinnamon, or at least FIILY.

she can drop Blue Jeans, White Mustang, OTTR and Summertime sadness for all I care

hopefully there's quite a few from NFR (I mean it is the NFR tour) and UV 

do we think the setlist will stay the same throughout her upcoming shows? 

and 

how is she gonna change it up? what are we expecting from her?

It’s literally the NFR tour so I would expect her to perform-

Definitely: NFR, MAC, VB so she can greet first row

Most-likely: FIILY, DT, HIAB, Cinnamon

Maybe: everything else off NFR tbh

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

A friend of mine who normally doesn't like Lana's music said that HIAB sounds touching, Bartender is the most interesting, Love song is cute and Cinnamon is great. He also likes the rest of the snippets except the title track, MAC and Hope.

NFR will slap so hard that even people who don't like Lana will appreciate it

I hope I get my bf to listen and like it, bc he doesn't like Lana at all. (I showed him On Our Way and he said it's cute, that's all)

original.gif

she can drop Blue Jeans, White Mustang, OTTR and Summertime sadness for all I care

If the girl does a show and doesn't perfom Blue Jeans or Summertime she would probably be eaten alive at the exit and asked for refunds, I don't think she will ever take them out of a setlist. The other two? I honestly don't understand what they were even doing there in 2019.

hopefully there's quite a few from NFR (I mean it is the NFR tour) and UV

As much as there will be of Honeymoon! :flop:

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

i just want her to drop her BTD hits and finally sing stuff from her latest projects, mostly HM and NFR. 

Salvatore, Honeymoon, Terrence Loves You / God Knows I Tried, Religion / The Blackest Day.

from NFR: NFR, Venice Bitch, How to Disappear, MAC, FIILY, The Greatest and Love Song

And from LFL - Love, GBA and 13 Beaches.

giphy.gif