Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

"I will love you till the end of time. "is the only one besides "we were born to die." i can think of on BTD. but there's more i would just need to do some digging.

I don't know if it counts, but form the top of my head, what about "I'm scared that you won't be waiting on the other side" in Dark Paradise?

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

"I will love you till the end of time. "is the only one besides "we were born to die." i can think of on BTD. but there's more i would just need to do some digging.

"my old man is a thief and im gonna stay and pray with him till the end" .. "lets get out of this town baby were on fire" lana has always sang about being hot in a literal sense or on fire, she mentions it in ultraviolence quite a bit too 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

She should have released this on the 16th definitely:

#1 debut in the BB200 100%.

No leaking mess from a Billie Eilish fan cassette.

No leaks from Google Play or Youtube music (this is embarrassing as hell)

Double video already released

What is her team thinking about? This goes completely out of my comprehension.

also to add to my theories, does anyone know why lana chooses to reference Charles Manson so much? especially in heroin and the fact that lust for life was basically built around the entire "summer of love" theme from 1969

giphy.gif

She should have released this on the 16th definitely:

#1 debut in the BB200 100%.

No leaking mess from a Billie Eilish fan cassette.

No leaks from Google Play or Youtube music (this is embarrassing as hell)

Double vido already released

What is her team thinking about? This goes completely out of my comprehension.

She should have even rush released it 10 hours ago when it leaked like Bon Iver did 

the only reason i can think they delayed tg and fiily is bc they wanted to push for a #1 but taylor was releasing lover title track so its coming next friday,,, but thats taylors album release? makes no sense to me tho. they would have known that taylor was releasing the same day too. idk just an assumption. who knows 

also to add to my theories, does anyone know why lana chooses to reference Charles Manson so much? especially in heroin and the fact that lust for life was basically built around the entire "summer of love" theme from 1969

because he’s ingrained in the mythology of cults and the dark side of Hollywood glamour. it’s lana’s whole thing to a t

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

lana wrote a lot of lust for life in topanga, california which is where the manson family home was

i love you, but you don't understand me.

The biggest surprise today is NOT witnessing her managers getting into messy arguments with her fans on Instagram and blaming LanaBoards for all the leaks. I'm shook.

Edited by maxdenhaag

omg finally I've been stalking this thread for like 2 weeks and I thought they would never verify my profile I feel like I'm joining a super secret illegal cult. anyways hello everyone

the album... a masterpiece. i can't wait to hear it in HQ

the structure of a few of the songs seems so weird to me like the verses don't lead into the choruses very well 

exactly what I thought about HIAB when I heard the first chorus

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

That’s true. Would the album have to be released on a Friday? I know that’s standard nowadays but if I remember correctly, Ultraviolence was released on a Tuesday in the US.

Thats bc Tuesday used to be the standard day to release. They changed it to Friday some time I think in 2015(?)

Strange that she cancels Cola due to Harvey Weinstein but is fine mentioning Manson

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I’m replacing the new BAR with the old one and calling it ‘The Next Best American record the version where Lana wasn’t totally off her head and wrote decent lyrics’

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Strange that she cancels Cola due to Harvey Weinstein but is fine mentioning Manson

I feel like sometimes Lana lives in her own bubble of contradictions and she's all very at peace with it

Okay, sorry for quoting this again, but I just remembered there's a whole song called "Bel Air"  :deadbanana:

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif