Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

so the album is amazing. it's grown on me a ton already. there's not a single song i can't stand (except TNBAR but whatever).  BUT: i really feel like this album could have been released as is back in march WITHOUT doin time or TNBAR.  the cover could have been something more simple but elegant, like the songs.  i really dont get the weird over saturated busy cover art, bc the album is sparse and minimal and has a lot of "empty" space, but in an absolutely beautiful way. the comic book shit doesn't fit AT ALL.  like who came up with that ? i think Lana was maybe trying to trash all of the "extras" ab an album besides the music - like interviews, photoshoots, cover art, etc.  - and leave it to just the music to speak for itself, which it does.

an 11 track NFR released in March would have been much more striking and moving, and that's what her team should have done. they didnt ruin the album per se, but like, imagine the cohesiveness of getting this album at the beginning of spring with no waste tracks that dont fit.

TNBAR

I think the issue with the new lyrics is that half the time she's halfheartedly adapting the old lyrics and the other half she's trying to write a new fun song. "we gave all we had by the time we got to bed cause we knew we could" doesn't really make sense?

Me anytime I see someone sharing their negative (but still valid) opinions on NFR:  :eek:

Me after my sigh of relief when I realize its the same handful of people again and again:  :whatever:

While I don't share the same disappointment that Vertimus is experiencing regarding her output, they are not wrong when they said this album was basically what we should have expected after the singles and snippets. 

If the songs on the album sound they were produced in one business day I feel like that was maybe the intention, whether you think it was pulled off successfully or not. When jack was talking about Hope he said it was something that came together quite quickly, after one or two takes. I feel like they wanted to do something that wasn't overworked. 

I don't expect her to say anything on the leak officially. But is she waiting to see if other leaks will come around with possible early deliveries of NFR (that kid on Saturday can't be the only one)? Was there something else planned for this week (the 2 singles and the MV)? Can she rush-release the damn album this week (Taylor will have her number 1 anyways no matter what she does)?

no, me neither! i just don't get what's happening w this whole double music video, no singles being released thing tbh  :um:

TNBAR

I think the issue with the new lyrics is that half the time she's halfheartedly adapting the old lyrics and the other half she's trying to write a new fun song. "we gave all we had by the time we got to bed cause we knew we could" doesn't really make sense?

Someone changed my perspective of this when they said she adapted the lyrics to be more in the vein of Video Games - reality in the verses and then a dream of how things could be (or a reflection of a happy past) in the chorus

So, what are the three newest tracks? Doin Time for sure. They finished How to Disappear late, so maybe that as well. I guess they might have decided to keep BAR fairly late in the game?

Doin' Time, How to Disappear and probably California or The Greatest maybe?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just realised the outro to Cinnamon Girl (like at the very very end) sounds like the beginning of Art Deco

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

wasn’t it sold out?

Nope it’s always been “on back order until Aug 30” so it’s still available!! It’s just on pre-order is all. It might have sold out but they DID restock if that’s the case

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i’m pretty sure doin time, BAR and how to disappear were the last 3 since she said HTD was the last song they recorded at the apple event and bartender and HIAB were the first two they worked on since lana said she already had 2 songs ready before she worked with jack

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Me anytime I see someone sharing their negative (but still valid) opinions on NFR:  :eek:

Me after my sigh of relief when I realize its the same handful of people again and again:  :whatever:

While I don't share the same disappointment that Vertimus is experiencing regarding her output, they are not wrong when they said this album was basically what we should have expected after the singles and snippets. 

If the songs on the album sound they were produced in one business day I feel like that was maybe the intention, whether you think it was pulled off successfully or not. When jack was talking about Hope he said it was something that came together quite quickly, after one or two takes. I feel like they wanted to do something that wasn't overworked. 

yeaaaah i agree with this, but i actually think it works.  the whole album feels a little half finished, from the messy era to the cover art to the shitty recording quality of the leak (which really just adds to the vintage feel to me tbh), but i think it does work.  i think its a throwback to like all her unreleased shit getting leaked, which ultimately made her the icon she is bc it was just that good.  some of her best songs are unreleased demos that sound unfinished and raw, and i think this album captured that raw feeling really well.  and it proves her talent as a musician bc she can just sing a beautiful melody atop a simple piano track and its stunning af.  i really cunt believe im a Lana fan again.

Okay why has everyone suddenly stopped using spoiler tags again?

It’s not hard!!!!

[ spoiler] post your stuff here without spaces in the tags [ /spoiler]

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I hope y'all who are listening the hell out of that leak will do the same when the album is available on streaming platforms august 30th

AkfYa.gif

I’m hoping so. As much as everyone is saying they’ve heard it and played it over and over... it’s kind of rude tbh. Idk I wanna give Lana my coins

giphy.gif