Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Absolutely no shade intended but if this is said in earnest it's one of the funniest and most specific interpretations of a lana lyric

it's actually about that time that barrie tried the cinnamon challenge

You need either a new stylus or to rebalance the arm, or if you have a shitty record player, you need to throw it out the window and buy a decent one. UV deluxe is a very high quality vinyl that wonโ€™t play properly on shitty record players. When I got mine, I thought it was defective and bought another and it was even worse. What a waste of money. When I finally got a decent record player though, no skips at all. Iโ€™ve read similar stories from other people about the UV deluxe vinyl too. The standard edition should play fine though on any player though and thatโ€™s cheaper to buy than a new record player.

hold up? Are you talking about the standard double vinyl, or just the big boxset with Ultraviolence written in black? Because that double coloured vinyl sounds cheap AF

it's actually about that time that barrie tried the cinnamon challenge

ย 

Legend says that's why she broke up with him. He was doing the challenge so often that he permanently stank of it.

โ™กย ย standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenย โ™ก

Absolutely no shade intended but if this is said in earnest it's one of the funniest and most specific interpretations of a lana lyric

It is said in earnest. It makes perfect sense. Have you tried it?

But there are some here who (probably unintentionally) take everything personally if it agrees or doesnโ€™t agree with their own opinions. If it agrees, they feel validated, if it doesnโ€™t, they feel s**t upon or attacked.

ย 

If I say, โ€˜I think โ€˜Bartenderโ€™ is greatโ€ and they donโ€™t, theyโ€™re bothered. They attack, they attempt to bully me and others.

ย 

I wish they would understand that weโ€™re just expressing individual opinions of our own and whether our opinions mesh or donโ€™t mesh with those of others is a secondary consideration at best. The purpose of this site, to the best of my knowledge, is not to build consensus but to share thoughts, responses and ideas.

I understand that, but people expressing opinions aren't who I'm talking about with my original post. Yes, forums are to share thoughts and ideas, but people take it too far by saying things along the lines of "what's wrong with you! You're a fake fan for listening to leaks! I'm so much better for waiting!" Those people are who I was talking about. If you're not that person, then it doesn't apply to you.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedย Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.ย 

ย 

I understand that, but people expressing opinions aren't who I'm talking about with my original post. Yes, forums are to share thoughts and ideas, but people take it too far by saying things along the lines of "what's wrong with you! You're a fake fan for listening to leaks! I'm so much better for waiting!" Those people are who I was talking about. If you're not that person, then it doesn't apply to you.

Iโ€™m not. I didnโ€™t take it as if it did. Some people like to take what they see as the moral high ground, often because they have an obsessive, cultish attitude towards LDR and imagine they know how she feels about thingsโ€”and also project their own emotions onto her. I am sure you know that too. I listened to the leaks and preordered the album afterwards. I think itโ€™s just so-so, but I still support her and will pay for a copy.

I live in NYC and work in Manhattan. Thatโ€™s where great many people but their coffee morning and afternoon, as theyโ€™re all over the city.

ย 

Oh yeah I do that too (esp when it's a hazelnut latte because yum), I'm not saying it couldn't be right, just the specificality of it made me giggle

ย 

ย 

ย 

On an unrelated note as much as I think Jack can make things sound broadly pretty there's definitely been a drop in production since HM in my opinion. BTD, P, UV, and HM feel like aluminium-glass backed phones whereas a lot of LFL and NFR are plastic-backed. There are a couple of exceptions (like hope because it's just a piano) but coachella was when it became the most obvious to my ears, and as much as I love and miss MAC the heavy weight of production quality just isn't there for me anymore

locals only

Iโ€™m not sure who youโ€™re meaning exactly but Iโ€™m waiting for multiple reasons. I posted why and what itโ€™s about to me about 100 pages ago. I just think if youโ€™re like me and give a damn about how the music sounds and was intended to sound, you should wait. If you donโ€™t have your fun but youโ€™re just going to come back in this thread wanting to talk about it when it has nothing to do with the pre-release part of an era. And then what, be angry when youโ€™re spoiling people and they get mad at you for doing so? Iโ€™ve seen bunches of posts without spoiler tags bc these little fuckers keep on and on and have absolutely no consideration for other fans...

ย 

We know you all have opinions about the album!!! But can you save your opinions for AFTER the post release thread is made so we can ALL discuss together!!? I donโ€™t see why thatโ€™s not a good idea... itโ€™s annoying seeing conversations going on about an album thatโ€™s been exploited over selfishness. Itโ€™s just plain rude.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Iโ€™m not sure who youโ€™re meaning exactly but Iโ€™m waiting for multiple reasons. I posted why and what itโ€™s about to me about 100 pages ago. I just think if youโ€™re like me and give a damn about how the music sounds and was intended to sound, you should wait. If you donโ€™t have your fun but youโ€™re just going to come back in this thread wanting to talk about it when it has nothing to do with the pre-release part of an era. And then what, be angry when youโ€™re spoiling people and they get mad at you for doing so? Iโ€™ve seen bunches of posts without spoiler tags bc these little fuckers keep on and on and have absolutely no consideration for other fans...

ย 

We know you all have opinions about the album!!! But can you save your opinions for AFTER the post release thread is made so we can ALL discuss together!!? I donโ€™t see why thatโ€™s not a good idea... itโ€™s annoying seeing conversations going on about an album thatโ€™s been exploited over selfishness. Itโ€™s just plain rude.

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I promise that I'm not talking about you. Just don't think I need to make it a personal situation here. I was merely making a blanket statement. You're totally fine

I askedย Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.ย 

ย 

ALRIGHT I SEE A LOT OF DOIN' TIME SHADE THROWN IN THIS THREAD SO I NEED TO KNOW WHO ACTUALLY LIKES/REALLY LIKES DOIN' TIME?

ย 

u can like this post if you like doin' time and ignore if u don't. if you have an elaboration, then explain.

I love it- probably my favorite cover because of the production and her vocals.

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I promise that I'm not talking about you. Just don't think I need to make it a personal situation here. I was merely making a blanket statement. You're totally fine

I hear you. I apologize if I came off like a dick but I just want people to understand, itโ€™s not just about Lanaโ€™s feelings or her money really itโ€™s much more broad than that at least for me

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The album leaked in the pre-release (obvs) so I would argue it has a lot to do w the pre release thread,,

anyway this is turning into such a shit show fr if youโ€™re going to whine every time someone says โ€œomg this song/lyric/melody/beat/whatever is so goodโ€ and call ppl fuckers, selfish, rude, etc then I think itโ€™s time to log off til August 30th sis, or just simply not read the pre-release thread?

This is a fucking Lana Del Rey forum why is there alwaaaaaaya drama fr.... so unnecessary

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gifย :beyonce:

The album leaked in the pre-release (obvs) so I would argue it has a lot to do w the pre release thread,,

anyway this is turning into such a shit show fr if youโ€™re going to whine every time someone says โ€œomg this song/lyric/melody/beat/whatever is so goodโ€ and call ppl fuckers, selfish, rude, etc then I think itโ€™s time to log off til August 30th sis, or just simply not read the pre-release thread?

This is a fucking Lana Del Rey forum why is there alwaaaaaaya drama fr.... so unnecessary

it's true and you should say it

I hear you. I apologize if I came off like a dick but I just want people to understand, itโ€™s not just about Lanaโ€™s feelings or her money really itโ€™s much more broad than that at least for me

I understand. I may have a different point of view, but I respect your feelings about the situation, and i'll work on putting more leak discussion in spoiler tags.

ย