Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I hope y'all who are listening the hell out of that leak will do the same when the album is available on streaming platforms august 30th

AkfYa.gif

I mean, listening on repeat to songs with that quality is a clown ass move. After you listen like once or twice you don't even feel the need to anymore cause of the quality so it's all good lmao. (well at least for me) 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

yeaaaah i agree with this, but i actually think it works.  the whole album feels a little half finished, from the messy era to the cover art to the shitty recording quality of the leak (which really just adds to the vintage feel to me tbh), but i think it does work.  i think its a throwback to like all her unreleased shit getting leaked, which ultimately made her the icon she is bc it was just that good.  some of her best songs are unreleased demos that sound unfinished and raw, and i think this album captured that raw feeling really well.  and it proves her talent as a musician bc she can just sing a beautiful melody atop a simple piano track and its stunning af.  i really cunt believe im a Lana fan again.

i agree, i havent listen to the leaks besides the greatest, but im thinking the same, it reminds me of her unreleased stuff so much, it feels raw and simple <3

s a y y e s t o h e a v e n :twirls:

can we talk about how bad the “interludes” in HIAB sound?

The bits where she’s like “I was one thing now I’m being another” so bad... soooo bad

Maybe it’s just me but literally ruined the song for me

HIAB was the track i cared about the least, and now its one of my faves.  

i thought it was so cringy at first, but it grew on me, especially the little interludes where her voice goes real high briefly.  idk its so not like any other Lana-ish sound, so it caught me off guard but i kinda love it now after a few listens

Is it true the album got pushed back to 13 September or has this been debunked

Not true. People just like to be dramatic. :teehee:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Nope it’s always been “on back order until Aug 30” so it’s still available!! It’s just on pre-order is all. It might have sold out but they DID restock if that’s the case

it was for a few hours/days. But they restocked and now it is not limited, because it doesn't say anymore that it's limited to 10k.

omg! thanks for the clarification, I was scared to get excited and buy it only to be refunded shortly

7wWWNZV.jpg

The quality is shit but that hasn’t stopped me from listening to Cinnamon 73 times,,,,

I swear to fuck, if you’re serious don’t even dare come into the post release thread saying it’s stale and old in 2 weeks.......

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I swear to fuck, if you’re serious don’t even dare come into the post release thread saying it’s stale and old in 2 weeks.......

Why is everyone who hasn’t listened to the leaks acting soooo fucking bitter, like, girl!

The song is never gonna be *stale*, I’ve been listening to UV regularly since 2014 and u think after 2 weeks I’m gnna think a song is stale? Cinnamon is literally so godly. The second verse, the drop, the way her voice flutters over the instrumental, the OUTRO! Like... I’m gonna have this song blasting on the daily. This is my new jam.

How anyone could think such a timeless bop could ever go stale.....

I can’t wait for u to listen to it when the album drops so we can both live this dream

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

can we talk about how bad the “interludes” in HIAB sound?

The bits where she’s like “I was one thing now I’m being another” so bad... soooo bad

Maybe it’s just me but literally ruined the song for me

Those are the best parts for me.

I love how the song rapidly switches in mood.

People who haven't listened to the leaks sound awfully bitter and incredibly dramatic

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.