Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Where was NFR on the pre-order chart in the week after it came out? It makes sense it'll slip down the chart when most people have already preordered it.

Anyway seeing Jeff Buckley's Grace on the jukebox is making me nervous  :creep:

locals only

0 promo, not a real lead single, not a proper video until a week before the release, not a mainstream album etc.

She doesn’t care and I do not care neither. I just want 80+ Metacritic this time and a Grammy nomination.

I'm happy you don't care because it really is about the love of her music. Would still be nice!

I do think some of the songs are fun bops though. I also hope for a Grammy nom... 

just curious, why are people so sure the numbers for NFR will be bad?

I know Taylor launches this week, but the quality of these songs are beyond. Not just for Lana stans, but I see many of them having mainstream appeal to people who like Lana, but maybe don't listen to her all the time.

I'm being idealistic, but we really don't know yet. This album is very anticipated.

I guess it won't be extremely worse than LFL's debut numbers in terms of sales since most of her sales come from pure sales and those mostly come from the fans, but chart positions will probably be different because she has tougher competition

I guess it won't be extremely worse than LFL's debut numbers in terms of sales since most of her sales come from pure sales and those mostly come from the fans, but chart positions will probably be different because she has tougher competition

but maybe the collabs helped LFL? i didn't hear NFR leaks but i cant imagine it can be worse than LFL tbh, that album was a huge disappointment 

:smile3:

Where was NFR on the pre-order chart in the week after it came out? It makes sense it'll slip down the chart when most people have already preordered it.

Wym

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

but maybe the collabs helped LFL? i didn't hear NFR leaks but i cant imagine it can be worse than LFL tbh, that album was a huge disappointment

I remember Lust for Life making big numbers during its first week...am I wrong?

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

Anyway seeing Jeff Buckley's Grace on the jukebox is making me nervous :creep:

Why is it making you nervous? It’s one of the greatest records of all time.

I remember Lust for Life making big numbers during its first week...am I wrong?

It went number 1. Ok, in summer, numbers aren’t as high as in the rest of the year, but still.

There was also a big controversy about the steaming numbers of Tyler that had released his album the same day (something to do with boosting the numbers for a number 1 spot).

She is always doing better overtime: all of her albums become addictive at some point and there’s always something new that come out after a few listens.

I believe it was second on the chart, behind Lover

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Wym

It's the title track for his first and last album, he was working on another when he either drowned accidentally or killed himself (body never found), it's between life on mars which she references and chelsea hotel no.2 which she covers, so between the prominence given to it, the lyrics to grace and the lyrics to the greatest i'm nervous 

Why is it making you nervous? It’s one of the greatest records of all time.

agreed

locals only

I love how almost all of the songs lyrically reference another from the album.

The album clearly tells a story imo, and has her most cohesive lyrics

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

So I just realized the IYC snippet is basically lyrics from Is It Wrong

IIW: You got me in the back of ya car, like a star

IYC: In your car in your car, in the backseat I’m your baby... In your car I’m a star and I’m burning through you...

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole