dropped out of uni for this album<3

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

We forgot about HTD because it didnt leak kskskdk

Also nobody’s gonna murder you for sending LFL hate it’s one of the ongoing activities on this thread

LOL ok good news.

At this point, seeing where she’s going with NFR and how it fits its own narrative the way all her previous works did exception made for L4L, it’s even more clear to me how L4L must have been a marketing move she was pressured into by her label. Sure there are a few songs that feel honest but most of it has always sounded to me like a bunch of tracks she threw in the mix and said “it’s for the fans”. I’m just assuming here but if that’s the case I admire her for standing up for her vision and saying fuck you to the big bosses and putting out the songs she wants to (like she did when Venice Bitch came out) and, in this perspective, The Greatest might be about her saying you know what I’ll take the chance of getting kicked out and do shit my way. What do you guys think?

I always forget about HTD too. I always make a count in my mind about the songs and it’s like that’s isn’t on the album. Better for me because it’s one of my favorites.

By the way, LFL is my favorite album of hers. You can jump on me now :).

LOL ok good news.

At this point, seeing where she’s going with NFR and how it fits its own narrative the way all her previous works did exception made for L4L, it’s even more clear to me how L4L must have been a marketing move she was pressured into by her label. Sure there are a few songs that feel honest but most of it has always sounded to me like a bunch of tracks she threw in the mix and said “it’s for the fans”. I’m just assuming here but if that’s the case I admire her for standing up for her vision and saying fuck you to the big bosses and putting out the songs she wants to (like she did when Venice Bitch came out) and, in this perspective, The Greatest might be about her saying you know what I’ll take the chance of getting kicked out and do shit my way. What do you guys think?

I see her releases, so far, as «one for the label, one for me». Paradise was for her label for sure (aren't there rumors that she doesn't like the songs on that anymore?!). UV, she had to push to have it as is, it went number 1, so she did HM, her vanity project. She did say that she sat down with her label to plan the singles of LFL and she said she wanted to have songs she would like to sing in shows for a long time. LFL went number 1, and she pretty much had all the creative liberty to have the next record her way, I guess. Some of the collabs she is doing this time around and some she did on LFL feel «there's your number 1 hit, Interscope» (the CA song...). Depending on the sales of NFR, which don't look that promising, and the going of the era after the release, we'll see how the next project turns out. I think Interscope will want to have at least one big hit next time. 

Drag me idgaf

1. Born To Die (The Paradise Edition) - Ultaviolence - Honeymoon

2. Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant

3. Lust For Life

4. Norman Fucking Rockwell

5. Sirens

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Since we’re all doing it now:

1. Norman fucking Rockwell (probably)

2. Ultraviolence

3. Honeymoon

4. Paradise

5. Lust for Life

6. Aka Lizzy Grant

7. Born to Die

But all her albums are amazing and better than any other artist so the ranking means nothing.

Also I love how almost everyone’s rankings are different because it shows how each of us connect in different ways to her art.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

For me it's;

1. Born To Die/Paradise

2. Lust For Life/Ultraviolence

3. Honeymoon

Really unusual but yeah. I'd probably put NFR between BTD and LFL. I love every album though, like I think Honeymoon is a masterpiece, but its down on my list since its so cinematic and its really a vibe I have to get into in that moment lol