Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

She implied that, but the pitchfork score is given by multiple people from their staff so her opinion alone doesn't it's not definitive.

That's what I always thought as well, but I read recently that the score comes from the reviewer alone.

What will be the first song ya'll will listen to when NFR is released? Mine will be Cinnamon girl or Love song

Bartender even in its LQ form is honestly my fav song from the album so it will be her.

What will be the first song ya'll will listen to when NFR is released? Mine will be Cinnamon girl or Love song

Listening in order

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i think im gonna buy some airpods and listen to the album in order lying face up on my bed with my eyes closed, will probably start astral projecting

i think im gonna buy some airpods and listen to the album in order lying face up on my bed with my eyes closed, will probably start astral projecting

LMFAO A MOOD

tumblr_m9li5eLE0H1rah8xoo1_500.gif

NFR. Gonna do my best to do a cover to cover first listen

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

That's what I always thought as well, but I read recently that the score comes from the reviewer alone.

The only source I have regarding that is an article from 2011 that says the person who writes the review usually doesn't have any say on the score, which is decided by pitchfork editors after (long) editorial meetings  :deadbanana:

http://www.collapseboard.com/collapse-board-manifesto-number-9-pitchfork-the-betrayal-of-music-some-great-songs/

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Best lyrics: The Greatest, Mariner’s Apartment Complex, Hope

Best production: The Greatest, Venice Bitch, Doin Time

Best bops: Doin Time, Fuck It I Love You, Venice Bitch in a way

Most Emotional: The Greatest, Hope

Current rating of songs:

The Greatest = Mariner’s = Venice Bitch = Fuck it I love you > Hope = Doin Time but I love all of them

Mine:

Venice Bitch > Fuck It I Love You > The Greatest > MAC > Hope > Doin Time

The only source I have regarding that is an article from 2011 that says the person who writes the review usually doesn't have any say on the score, which is decided by pitchfork editors after (long) editorial meetings  :deadbanana:

http://www.collapseboard.com/collapse-board-manifesto-number-9-pitchfork-the-betrayal-of-music-some-great-songs/

That blogger is kind of a known conspiracy theorist with regard to Pitchfork, though. 

I can't find it now, but there was a reddit thread featuring some who had written for the site and said the score was chosen by the writer. I've always believed it was an average, though.

i know it doesn’t really make sense, but the last line of the greatest, i hear her sing “oh, the life’s dream’s almost on” instead of “livestream.” and she also uses the “life’s dream” line in venice bitch. idk if i’m just tired and dumb but it feels more poetic with those lyrics lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (ik that in the pitchfork interview they quoted it as livestream tho)

title track cos it's first

then MAC

then whatever the fuck comes on next

nice cocc bro