Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

One of my most anticipated so ohmygod. So, does she sing the interludes, or are they spoken? bc i'm so confused about that. Fucking excited for it dfjvnbundoifjaoaifei

ITS SO GOOD!!

they’re sung! Both of the interlude/verses are very pretty and cohesive and the song turned out better than I could have expected.

Side note: this album is also so good because she managed to blend surf elements into a folk album so well and her writing as obviously improved in an age where her niche of music is more appreciated and not so taboo as we saw her discuss with billboard today.

This is probably her best album. My favorite at least and I cannnnnt wait to go pick up my vinyl next Friday!

ITS SO GOOD!!

they’re sung! Both of the interlude/verses are very pretty and cohesive and the song turned out better than I could have expected.

Side note: this album is also so good because she managed to blend surf elements into a folk album so well and her writing as obviously improved in an age where her niche of music is more appreciated and not so taboo as we saw her discuss with billboard today.

This is probably her best album. My favorite at least and I cannnnnt wait to go pick up my vinyl next Friday!

That's all I needed to know. Thank you. Fuck. 7 DAAAAAAYYYS 

Wait. pick up the vinyl? what? what. from where?? 

UV/Honeymoon

Thanks to yesterday's interviews and more details we got over the weeks, we now have a better timeline for when she made the songs:

2017: TNBAR and Bartender

January 2018: Hope and California (presumably)

March 2018: HIAB, NFR, VB

End of spring/summer 2018: Love song and MAC

September/October 2018: HTD and Cinnamon Girl

November 2018: The greatest

December 2018: FIILY

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Any UK stans willing to preorder the alt-cover cassette for me? I hate that its UK only. Obviously I'd pay you for it and for shipping costs to the States.

This limited release is a mess for collectors ugh.

i can do it for you if you still want someone!

she's so gorgeous in the video and not having listened the low quality FIILY leak it's so good bopping to the high quality track on repeat now  :defeated:  

when i first listened to FIILY in low quality i thought it was okay, but now in hq i think it's really good, i like it better. Ugh can't wait to hear the whole album in HQ

Noah fence but

Apart from Doin’ Time, Love Song sounds the weakest so far based on the LQ leak. It just sounds so uninspired and doesn’t go anywhere and I’m just so disappointed in it honestly. The snippet she teased on insta was okay and gave me some hope it might build to this big beautiful finish but nope lmao. So that’s two definite for me skips so far :flop:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

The outro of FIILY  :bliss:

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡