Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

People saying UV is her magnum opus when it was already topped by Honeymoon... the clownery  :toofunny:

My thoughts exactly :D

HM didn’t top UV. UV was definitely her magnum opus. HM is a close second, but by no means beats it. The collection of songs from Cruel World to PWYC are top tier. HM just doesn’t have a strong run of several songs like that.

The entirety of HM besides HBTB and DLMBM are top tier. 

For me HM is her magnum opus. The whole thing is just so immaculate, the lush beautiful production, the transitions between Freak & Art Deco, Burnt Norton & Religion & Salvatore. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

I haven’t listened to the lq leak (kind of surprised I’ve held out this long). I am debating listening to California and Bartender though since they seem to be the songs we know the least from and it might be more fair to the other songs that we’re more familiar with on the first listen through of the album. But at the same time I’m afraid if I listen to those two in lq, I’ll instantly regret not waiting (it is only a week left to wait after all). Those two seem like they’ll probably be some of the best ones so maybe they deserve the biggest reveals. Idk. I hate having so many options.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

im afraid ill never be able to have FIILY properly grown on me because of how strong the greatest is, it's taking all of my attention out of the 2 songs she released.

her best song since VB snapped!

I don't get why people place so much values on reviews / the scores of critics. To me they just give an insight to how the general public perceive her. I think it was the billboard article that pointed out it was somewhere between honeymoon and lfl that they started warming to her and started to 'get' her.

NFR will get good press, probably even great press, but let's not forget that her metacritic score for LFL is 15 points ahead of her metacritic score for BTD and 3 points ahead of her UV score. I'm glad she's getting well-deserved recognition from an industry that's treated her so poorly for so long but reviews, even good reviews, aren't the be-all and end-all

locals only

It turns out California's more than just a state of mind

I met you on the boulevard wind through my hair you blew my mind

And if I wasn't so fucked up, I think I'd fuck you all the time

It's killing me slowly

giphy.gif

I haven’t listened to the lq leak (kind of surprised I’ve held out this long). I am debating listening to California and Bartender though since they seem to be the songs we know the least from and it might be more fair to the other songs that we’re more familiar with on the first listen through of the album. But at the same time I’m afraid if I listen to those two in lq, I’ll instantly regret not waiting (it is only a week left to wait after all). Those two seem like they’ll probably be some of the best ones so maybe they deserve the biggest reveals. Idk. I hate having so many options.

I listened to most of the songs once last week, if you haven't heard the snippets / ig posts I'd say keep holding out. Otherwise I'd say now is the best time to listen once and only once because you could pretty much forget them (the details anyway) in the space of a week

locals only

It's killing me slowly

giphy.gif

Dream a little dream of me

Make me into something sweet

Turn the radio on dancing to a pop song

Fuck it I love yoooooooooooou

aNuxmh7.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Only a few days and you can experience the songs in HQ! I suggest you waiting. That's what I do and I don't regret it because I know it's gonna be worth the wait (even though I broke my rule and listened to FIILY and TG yesterday with the video, I couldn't resist, I'm weak)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I think FIILY might be my favorite thus far. There's something magical and hipnotizing about this song, and after reading someone here say that the song might be about Lana loving herself it really clicked with me on a personal level aNuxmh7.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I say hold on. A week will pass very quick and you don't want to hear the songs in that lq, especially California. Just be ready 'cause they're both amazing in their own ways

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I hope I can forget how the two new songs sound like before next week. My honest opinion is that I find them REALLY great. Some of my favourite she has ever done. The high notes in FIILY and the way she sounds like she's on the verge of tears in the verses of TG leave me bald

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

im afraid ill never be able to have FIILY properly grown on me because of how strong the greatest is, it's taking all of my attention out of the 2 songs she released.

her best song since VB snapped!

Same. Like I have no problems with Fuck It, I just heart The Greatest so much, it stirs me. I looped it today in my car, switched to Fuck It, then after the first chorus I was like "OK back to The Greatest," no regrets

It's killing me slowly

giphy.gif

wait I’m confused and know nothing abt songwriting but I gotta ask, did she just rhyme “mind” with “mind” here?

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

wait I’m confused and know nothing abt songwriting but I gotta ask, did she just rhyme “mind” with “mind” here?

Yes. Her mind!