Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Bit confused as to how the full HQ hasn't leaked yet? If 1 girl received her cassette early, surely at least a few other people have received their pre-orders, whether it be a cassette, CD, vinyl, or bundle? Also apparently the album was made available in full on iTunes momentarily with the release of FIILY & TG, can anyone confirm if this is true? 

I don't get why people place so much values on reviews / the scores of critics. To me they just give an insight to how the general public perceive her. I think it was the billboard article that pointed out it was somewhere between honeymoon and lfl that they started warming to her and started to 'get' her.

NFR will get good press, probably even great press, but let's not forget that her metacritic score for LFL is 15 points ahead of her metacritic score for BTD and 3 points ahead of her UV score. I'm glad she's getting well-deserved recognition from an industry that's treated her so poorly for so long but reviews, even good reviews, aren't the be-all and end-all

I tend to see it as more good promotion for the album, and maybe a higher chance at winning an award. Like the more praise she receives, the more recognition and awards she receives, and that to me means more respect in the industry.

Btw when she mentioned it’s so much easier now to do her work because of how eclectic artists are now and they don’t have to be talked down to when they release “sad” songs, I wish Annie explored that more and mentioned she contributed a lot to that progression. But hey, I feel like with the more positive criticism she gets over the years, it’s a step forward in receiving the credit she deserves. It’s not the end-all, be-all but it definitely helps.

Bit confused as to how the full HQ hasn't leaked yet? If 1 girl received her cassette early, surely at least a few other people have received their pre-orders, whether it be a cassette, CD, vinyl, or bundle? Also apparently the album was made available in full on iTunes momentarily with the release of FIILY & TG, can anyone confirm if this is true? 

her grandparents apparently work at the warehouse, it wasn't shipped to her early by accident

My ranking of the songs so far:

VB > TG > MAC > HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI > FIILY > DT

My top 3 is the same but the rest goes FIILY > DT > Hope

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

the greatest

mariners apartment complex

venice bitch

fuck it! i love u

hope

doin time

i absolutely adore hope don’t get me wrong but everything else is so stellar that I can’t put it any higher

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

You can say "hope", we get it

Lana’s management to Lana

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You can say "hope", we get it

The song's called 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it', her most iconic song title, so people should refer to it as 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it' or 'hiadtfawlmth-bihi'. What is "hope" idk what that is, I only know 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it' or 'hiadtfawlmth-bihi' for short.

qfrWuBl.png

The song's called 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it', her most iconic song title, so people should refer to it as 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it' or 'hiadtfawlmth-bihi'. What is "hope" idk what that is, I only know 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it' or 'hiadtfawlmth-bihi' for short.

and the grammy award for song of the year goes to...

Ben and Ed had her arrested immediately after the leak. Everyone who has ordered a cassette has also been arrested and will only be freed after the official release. Some say the measures are extreme but they really take the whole 'Lana's management is useless and should actually pay attention so her stuff doesn't get leaked weeks before the release' thing a little personally :(

locals only

Hope is such a beautiful song!..I've cried to it so many times.. you need to really feel the song,it hits really hard especially when you feel super lonely and doomed and when you're having an existential crisis and you're on the brink of a breakdown.

Yes, I agree, feeling u man

tumblr_olpmx370Gw1rtrj6po1_500.gif

NFR will get good press, probably even great press universal acclaim cuz it's Lana's magnum opus, & AOTY.

Personally I don't get the appeal of insisting albums are her magnum opus. BTD was her establishing LDR. UV was her working exploring the LDR identity. HM was working through the fame that comes with that identity. LfL was her changing her perception on fame, fans, her place in the world. NFR seems to be her working through more personal things. All of the albums have a distinct sound and personality and overall motivation behind them. I don't think one album will ever be her magnum opus, I think that as a whole they form it. That's why when people start vigorously comparing albums they fall apart- there are weak links in each album. Including NFR.

locals only