Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I don’t understand what some of y’all were expecting from NFR to be honest. She made it very clear that she wasn’t even planning on writing anything, that the record came out of an unexpected connection with Jack Antonoff and that it was going to be low key with no bangers or big productions. In addition to that, it’s been barely two years since L4L (and she’s been doing festivals since April in Europe and the US) - it’s not that long a time to come up with ideas, write and produce something.

Just because she’s a big name doesn’t mean everything she puts out needs to be a freaking masterpiece. Can we just agree that it’s neither a masterpiece nor a piece of crap (well except for HTD, that bitch is still not getting enough hate). Imo it’s a decent record that I am enjoying way more than I did L4L to be honest.

I will repeat myself and say that Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are equally solid albums and that I like them very much, but they're not out of this world masterpieces their stans claim them to be.

So when you see me cyberbullying their stans in the coming weeks, it's not because I don't like those albums, it's because of their delusional stans!

tenor.gif

Noah fence but this is such a damn boring take and objective lol. Use your energy to get locals to stream nfr, not attacking fans of albums you think are good  :toofunny:

locals only

Speaking of albums..

BTD will always be the "best" for me. It's the album that I got to know and fall in love with her back in 2011.
Paradise (more likely an EP)  also was amazing.
Ultraviolence is completely different from the BTD image and at that time I didn't like the change (the image not the sound, now I love it).
Honeymoon was great as well.. it's was like taking a trip or something..
Lust for Life gave us gems like Love, 13 Beaches, Cherry, Get Free, When The World Was At War,  In My Feelings and Heroin. (I don't get the hate  :$ minus Change , that one can burn in hell  :sideeye:  )

and on this one.. as many of you said the album feels kinda incomplete and messy to me (in terms of production, lyrics etc)
Cinammon and California are 2 of my favourites for now.

But BTD will always be my favourite no matter what.. I don't know how to explain it, it's a feeling  :smile2: 

look everyone is ALLOWED to have their own (wrong) opinions on the album but to compare NFR to previous albums is so STUPID. if all you do is compare her new stuff to old stuff, OF COURSE you’re gonna be disappointed. just fucking enjoy that she gave us a new record at all because remember this puta wasn’t gonna put out anything in the first place until she met jack. and i don’t think we need to slander each other either. this is the same shit that continues to cycle around just like y’all constantly dragging stans for liking LFL. who fucking cares?! you’re allowed to like and/or dislike an album WITHOUT attacking other’s for their opinions. LET’S ALL BE FRIENDS!!

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I totally agree. Every time we say NFR is likely our favorite Lana record, the sad souls who live in the past are quick to jump with RECENCY EFFECT!!!! There must be a scientific reason why these idiots who have no ears think NFR is better than her magnum opus and holy bible, UV!!!! (PSA sweethearts, no one is forcing you to declare NFR is your favorite, so stop attacking everyone!!)

k just one thing, can we stop saying that uv/hm/btd/aka stans are living in the past. these albums had different sounds and some people prefer those sounds. some people really feel like UV is the most incredible thing they've ever heard, don't bring their experience down. 

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

look everyone is ALLOWED to have their own (wrong) opinions on the album but

to compare NFR to previous albums is so STUPID. if all you do is compare her new

stuff to old stuff, OF COURSE you’re gonna be disappointed. just fucking enjoy that

she gave us a new record at all because remember this puta wasn’t gonna put out

anything in the first place until she met jack. and i don’t think we need to slander each

other either. this is the same shit that continues to cycle around just like y’all constantly

dragging stans for liking LFL. who fucking cares?! you’re allowed to like and/or dislike an

album WITHOUT attacking other’s for their opinions. LET’S ALL BE FRIENDS!!

All tea 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I honestly can't with some of y'all. Acting like this is an adventurous album lmao. It's literally halfway between Ultraviolence and Honeymoon, like the subdued soft melodies, but with a "rockier", stripped down guitar influenced sound, like we haven't heard that from Lana before. Nothing groundbreaking (and with a touch of heavy beats on some tracks so: reminiscent of Born To Die and Lust for Life too).

Also it's a fucking acoustic album, this is literally the musical equivalent to the Miranda Priestly quote "Florals for Spring? Groundbreaking..."

It's a good album, but to act as if Lana is re-inventing a whole genre or venturing into unknown territory is fucking laughable.

giphy.gif

k just one thing, can we stop saying that uv/hm/btd/aka stans are living in the past. these albums had different sounds and some people prefer those sounds. some people really feel like UV is the most incredible thing they've ever heard, don't bring their experience down. 

Sorry, but the people i'm talking about, who do bully others and call them delusional for liking a new record can be insulted right back. Of course everyone is allowed to have their favorite records. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I honestly can't with some of y'all. Acting like this is an adventurous album lmao. It's literally halfway between Ultraviolence and Honeymoon, like the subdued soft melodies, but with a "rockier", stripped down guitar influenced sound, like we haven't heard that from Lana before. Nothing groundbreaking (and with a touch of heavy beats on some tracks so: reminiscent of Born To Die and Lust for Life too).

Also it's a fucking acoustic album, this is literally the musical equivalent to the Miranda Priestly quote "Florals for Spring? Groundbreaking..."

It's a good album, but to act as if Lana is re-inventing a whole genre or venturing into unknown territory is fucking laughable.

giphy.gif

Not sonically, but lyrically and compostion-wise it is an adventurous album.

look everyone is ALLOWED to have their own (wrong) opinions on the album but to compare NFR to previous albums is so STUPID. if all you do is compare her new stuff to old stuff, OF COURSE you’re gonna be disappointed. just fucking enjoy that she gave us a new record at all because remember this puta wasn’t gonna put out anything in the first place until she met jack. and i don’t think we need to slander each other either. this is the same shit that continues to cycle around just like y’all constantly dragging stans for liking LFL. who fucking cares?! you’re allowed to like and/or dislike an album WITHOUT attacking other’s for their opinions. LET’S ALL BE FRIENDS!!

Yes!!! NFR is so much different. It's not comparable to her older albums. It's a completely new Lana, a way more mature one. I feel like the change had already started with LFL but she kinda lost herself in the process. With NFR, she managed to take a real brand new start and there's literally a wall between this album and her older ones. The album cover shows that idea very well; she took the sea, she has finally moved.

Did Billboard really say Hope is the best song of her entire carreer? tumblr_inline_p89ge1ICmf1rdx2s2_250.gif I-

No lies detected, they're right

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Not sonically, but lyrically and compostion-wise it is an adventurous album.

Well... yeah the songwriting feels much more introspective for sure, but with all the nods to her previous songs/albums. Doesn't have that brand new feeling about it.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8528500/lana-del-rey-best-songs-ranked

#1 Hope
#2 Video Games
#3 Brooklyn Baby
#4 Ride
#5 Born To Die
#6 Shades Of Cool
#7 Venice Bitch
#8 Young and Beautiful
#9 West Coast
#10 Love

I stopped reading when I saw The Blackest Day was ranked #80 tumblr_inline_p89ge1ICmf1rdx2s2_250.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

its so funny that this is the ONLY place where i can find people complaining about this album.

on every other music forum it is unanimous praise even rateyourmusic who is notoriously harsh on her and not exactly a pop-centered forum has given the album the best reviews of her career by far.

The rest of the internet is like:

''I feel meh about Lana but this is great.''

''I hate Lana but this is great.''

''This is shaping up to be her best album.'' 

''I don't like Lana but this is giving me AOTY vibes''

And then you come to Lana's stan board and...

The way things are going her haters  will appear to be more excited about this album than her ''stans''.

Universe is literally glitching

tenor.gif