Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I actually really like this poem, and this is coming from me hating the last two. The only line I thought that was kind of corny and should be eliminated is "inside my stomach the cosmos are baking" *eyeroll*

she's talking about cosmic brownies sis

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

this thread confuses me so much because one second you guys are begging for information...so she teases some poems and songs and then you complain she's not gonna have enough material..etc...

will you ever be happy? this album could come out absolutely gorgeous if you let her work her process. i just feel it's so disrespectful to try and rush it because YOU want new music.

WE JUST GOT a new album a year and a half ago. SHE JUST got out of a tour supporting that album. 

this is not like hate or anything <3 i'm just expressing how i've felt reading this thread the past few weeks. it's the same posts over and over, so i don't even bother to read it anymore. 

this thread confuses me so much because one second you guys are begging for information...so she teases some poems and songs and then you complain she's not gonna have enough material..etc...

will you ever be happy? this album could come out absolutely gorgeous if you let her work her process. i just feel it's so disrespectful to try and rush it because YOU want new music.

WE JUST GOT a new album a year and a half ago. SHE JUST got out of a tour supporting that album. 

this is not like hate or anything <3 i'm just expressing how i've felt reading this thread the past few weeks. it's the same posts over and over, so i don't even bother to read it anymore. 

I think she does tease things a little too much, like snippets of songs and singles before an album I always feel are a bit too much and give away too many songs especially when some songs come out far in advance like VB and MAC.. Same with the poetry, I would prefer her waiting and then teasing 1 poem as she announces when the book is coming out that leaves you wondering if they are all going to be like that or what her style is. Releasing a poem, then another, then another and giving away a lot what her style is but still giving no news on when it's happening - I think it ends up with too much stuff given away and making people impatient waiting.

why do u contrarians pop up in this thread and say the same damn thing and act stupider than everybody know's you are :rip: 'you guys are hYpOcRiTeS for wanting information she just teased poems and teased songs in the past!!' as if that is information

tossing out 15 seconds of vocals and production with no caption is equal to nothing but spoiling1 the sonic elements of the album, randomly posting a stanza out of the blue isn't information- and with what most of her poems so far have been about, there wasn't any material to discuss because the content was rudimentary and vague; it isn't like AKA songs where we could dissect lyrics for context clues into life events we knew about from her past, these don't give much. 

what we WANT from her/ben/ed/anybody in terms of information or REAL teasers:

-Tracklist

-Album cover

-Album release date

-Interviews

-Photoshoot(s) with even Chuck or something simple with Neil, people aren't asking for La Chapelle 2.0

-Book title (official)

-Book cover

-Size of album or book

-Sonic elements of the album

-If the 3 solo songs so far are on the record

-Future plans

-Cancelled tour dates that I still don't think we've gotten notifications for yet??

-What happened to the musical she hinted at

-Soundtrack ideals

-What happened to her past songs she wanted to release (BAR/YOS)

-25 Unreleased Compilation album discourse

^^^THAT is information; it isn't complex nor hidden as to what the people want. don't be dumb dumb

1And for reference, people don't want her to give away all the secrets of songs except for titles. We had a LOT more fun guessing what Heroin and Get Free were gonna sound like and a LOT of disappointment finding out White Mustang, a song she teased several times, was her shortest track ever and the only thing she DIDNT tease was the bridge. We already know of 9 potential titles of songs to be on the 13 track album and we've heard 7 teasers/releases out of such. For Lust for Life we knew about all but 3 tracks before the tracklist was unveiled and heard 8 of them from her snippets. It isn't hard to ask for a surprise in an era.

The fact that she’s making paintings for the poems herself is dope, but omg this is gonna take D A Y S to come out if she has numerous poems in there

Don't think the paintings were meant for the book. Looks like another creative outlet she is trying. 

what we WANT from her/ben/ed/anybody in terms of information or REAL teasers:

I get that this era isn't like the others but we haven't been starved of information like people seem to make out... Here's a few answers to your queries (most you probably already know)

-Tracklist - confirmed songs: Cinnamon, Happiness Is A Butterfly, Hope Is A Dangerous Thing, How To Disappear, Mariners Apartment Complex, Norman Fucking Rockwell and Venice Bitch.

-Album cover - most likely shot by Chuck, one already exists and another was going to be reshot in January.

-Album release date - originally early this year and now likely to be sometime between April and June.

-Interviews - we've had a couple (very few) and likely to be only a few more closer to release, she doesn't want to promote the album like the last one.

-Photoshoot(s) with even Chuck or something simple with Neil - she did a promo shoot with Chuck, confirmed she won't be working with Neil this time around.

-Book title - Violets Bent Backwards Over The Grass

-Book cover - likely to be very basic or potentially designed by Lana since she's teased paintings.

-Size of album or book - album when finished was 13 tracks, potentially more now that Ben has confirmed she's still recording. Book I think she said around 20 poems.

-Sonic elements of the album - piano ballads, folk elements, surf rock undertones and the latter half of the album being more rock influenced.

-If the 3 solo songs so far are on the record - press release stated they were buzz singles and Lana confirmed that Venice Bitch was supposed to be the lead, so likely all included on the album.

-Future plans - release the album and poetry book, play festivals over the summer.

-Cancelled tour dates that I still don't think we've gotten notifications for yet - likely that she won't confirm which dates were cancelled, perhaps shows that hadn't been announced publicly.

-What happened to the musical she hinted at - most likely still in the works.

-Soundtrack ideals

-What happened to her past songs she wanted to release (BAR/YOS) - she said she may release them (last summer), seems unlikely they'll be released this era. BAR most likely scrapped since it leaked.

-25 Unreleased Compilation album discourse - again, most likely not gonna happen, only hinted as an idea and never officially confirmed.

I get that this era isn't like the others but we haven't been starved of information like people seem to make out... Here's a few answers to your queries (most you probably already know)

-Tracklist - confirmed songs: Cinnamon, Happiness Is A Butterfly, Hope Is A Dangerous Thing, How To Disappear, Mariners Apartment Complex, Norman Fucking Rockwell and Venice Bitch.

-Album cover - most likely shot by Chuck, one already exists and another was going to be reshot in January.

-Album release date - originally early this year and now likely to be sometime between April and June.

-Interviews - we've had a couple (very few) and likely to be only a few more closer to release, she doesn't want to promote the album like the last one.

-Photoshoot(s) with even Chuck or something simple with Neil - she did a promo shoot with Chuck, confirmed she won't be working with Neil this time around.

-Book cover - likely to be very basic or potentially designed by Lana since she's teased paintings.

-Size of album or book - album when finished was 13 tracks, potentially more now that Ben has confirmed she's still recording. Book I think she said around 20 poems.

-Sonic elements of the album - piano ballads, folk elements, surf rock undertones and the latter half of the album being more rock influenced.

-If the 3 solo songs so far are on the record - press release stated they were buzz singles and Lana confirmed that Venice Bitch was supposed to be the lead, so likely all included on the album.

-Future plans - release the album and poetry book, play festivals over the summer.

-Cancelled tour dates that I still don't think we've gotten notifications for yet - likely that she won't confirm which dates were cancelled, perhaps shows that hadn't been announced publicly.

-Soundtrack ideals

-What happened to her past songs she wanted to release (BAR/YOS) - she said she may release them (last summer), seems unlikely they'll be released this era. BAR most likely scrapped since it leaked.

-25 Unreleased Compilation album discourse - again, most likely not gonna happen, only hinted as an idea and never officially confirmed.

i appreciate the sentiment but this is worth next to nothing

and note that people want concrete and transparent information- you used the word 'likely' at least 9 times. Likely don't mean shit when she took off her best song in her career and added a random piano ballad an hour before the official tracklist was due to her label

is it just me or did she post a snippet on Instagram with that same red-sepia filter and then deleted it really quickly

and note that people want concrete and transparent information- you used the word 'likely' at least 9 times. Likely don't mean shit when she took off her best song in her career and added a random piano ballad an hour before the official tracklist was due to her label

sorry, please excuse my ignorance, but which two songs were these?

nice cocc bro

-Soundtrack ideals

I’m sorry but you can’t say that knowing the existence of a cover can make up for the fact that we don’t have a cover (plus what happened since early January? maybe she changed it, or maybe she doesn’t have one anymore), nor that knowing 6 song titles can make up for the tracklist (are they actual titles? what are the others? in which order? have they all been kept? and Cinnamon was never confirmed for NFR) but MOST IMPORTANT you can’t reasonably say that “between April and June” (which we don’t even know???) is a satisfactory answer.

Truth is, we don’t know much about the record, and 80% of the info we have is 6 months old. Knowing she hasn’t finished it by now, knowing what all those sources said, knowing what she did to Lust for life, almost nothing is sure.

Like I know you're a Yosemite stan but it's likely that it is a bad song... But that's a different topic.

My point is that we have had lots of small bits of info, if the album is delayed til summer y'all would complain if she dropped the cover and tracklist now.

is it just me or did she post a snippet on Instagram with that same red-sepia filter and then deleted it really quickly

sorry, please excuse my ignorance, but which two songs were these?

She removed Yosemite from Lust for Life within the weeks leading up to the submitted tracklist on a quick whim of it being 'too happy' and idealistic after gushing about it being her favorite for 4 months straight unasked, as during the re-work of LfL she fell into another episode. she wrote, recorded, and submitted Change all in the day/night before she had to push the final tracklist and version of the record to Interscope iirc

I’m sorry but you can’t say that knowing the existence of a cover can make up for the fact that we don’t have a cover (plus what happened since early January? maybe she changed it, or maybe she doesn’t have one anymore), nor that knowing 6 song titles can make up for the tracklist (are they actual titles? what are the others? in which order? have they all been kept? and Cinnamon was never confirmed for NFR) but MOST IMPORTANT you can’t reasonably say that “between April and June” (which we don’t even know???) is a satisfactory answer.

Truth is, we don’t know much about the record, and 80% of the info we have is 6 months old. Knowing she hasn’t finished it by now, knowing what all those sources said, knowing what she did to Lust for life, almost nothing is sure.

Let's just say that the album is delayed til June, just hypothetically right?

Imagine if Lana dropped the album cover, tracklist, did 6 interviews this week and then dropped the lead single. The album would still be delayed... you're really telling me that you or others wouldn't complain? Like why did she release the album cover so early etc.

Like I said we have info, it's not like she released MAC and announced the album title then never spoke again.

My point is that we have had lots of small bits of info, if the album is delayed til summer y'all would complain if she dropped the cover and tracklist now.

i'm just going to ignore the first comment as your input on such a masterpiece is both irrelevant and not required for what I was saying

and your point in of itself is inherently faulty given that her past 'information' drops have been vague and changed since she said them, only told to us because Ben got mouthy to fans in his comments. Had he not responded we would've never known the album as a whole is still unfinished. Besides that, you'd be surprised to hear that more people would be HAPPIER in the long run if we were told right now that the album is to drop in June/July via concrete, transparent informational posts and not have us sitting here guessing for when the era is going to "officially" start. Even a simple 'when we have the release date and coverart finalized i'll share asap" would help- cause right now NFR is Schrödinger's Cat in how much of it is actually done.

Let's just say that the album is delayed til June, just hypothetically right?

Imagine if Lana dropped the album cover, tracklist, did 6 interviews this week and then dropped the lead single. The album would still be delayed... you're really telling me that you or others wouldn't complain? Like why did she release the album cover so early etc.

and now here you're exaggerating what would actually happen in an attempt to weaken valid criticisms and make them seem irrational. People would like a release date, a basic interview, a photoshoot, the tracklist, etc. Nobody said we wanted it all at once or in a single week. Refer to my comments above about calling y'all out for trying to act stupider than everybody here knows you are- knowing information about an album that we can't confirm anything but minute details on doesn't equate to getting every inch of information in 7 days then waiting 4 months for the realized product.

and your point in of itself is inherently faulty given that her past 'information' drops have been vague and changed since she said them, only told to us because Ben got mouthy to fans in his comments. Had he not responded we would've never known the album as a whole is still unfinished. Besides that, you'd be surprised to hear that more people would be HAPPIER in the long run if we were told right now that the album is to drop in June/July via concrete, transparent informational posts and not have us sitting here guessing for when the era is going to "officially" start. Even a simple 'when we have the release date and coverart finalized i'll share asap" would help- cause right now NFR is Schrödinger's Cat in how much of it is actually done.

But Ben legit said when we have a release date you'll know, so now we know, it doesn't matter that it came from him instead of Lana... I just don't understand why people want the album cover and tracklist potentially months before the album? Like people have already complained about her sharing poems before the book is out, or releasing the first few songs too early. We know the album is coming April at earliest... and I imagine it will be out before the summer when she does festivals and I agree a release date would be nice but there mustn't be one yet.

And like you said her information has changed since she said it but that happened last era and everybody complained... Like where is the BAR video? Where's Yosemite? The album was gonna be 18 tracks. etc. Maybe that's why she's being vague this time, to avoid what happened with LFL.

and now here you're exaggerating what would actually happen in an attempt to weaken valid criticisms and make them seem irrational. People would like a release date, a basic interview, a photoshoot, the tracklist, etc. Nobody said we wanted it all at once or in a single week. Refer to my comments above about calling y'all out for trying to act stupider than everybody here knows you are- knowing information about an album that we can't confirm anything but minute details on doesn't equate to getting every inch of information in 7 days then waiting 4 months for the realized product.

I wasn't trying to weaken your argument... I'm just saying if the album is coming in summer and we got the album cover OR tracklist now, people would complain and say she revealed it too early or they're over it etc. Like what happened with MAC and VB... Maybe that's why she's holding back on giving out details like that, cos she wants to do it nearer the release date (which seems to be undecided as of now).

But Ben legit said when we have a release date you'll know, so now we know, it doesn't matter that it came from him instead of Lana... I just don't understand why people want the album cover and tracklist potentially months before the album? Like people have already complained about her sharing poems before the book is out, or releasing the first few songs too early. We know the album is coming April at earliest... and I imagine it will be out before the summer when she does festivals and I agree a release date would be nice but there mustn't be one yet.

And like you said her information has changed since she said it but that happened last era and everybody complained... Like where is the BAR video? Where's Yosemite? The album was gonna be 18 tracks. etc. Maybe that's why she's being vague this time, to avoid what happened with LFL.

-He only said that because he decided to fight with fans in the comments, if he hadn't done it there who's to say they would've said anything? 

-The album was suppose to be out in Jan-Feb based on previous comments and was said to have been fully done and mastered before 2019 even began, god forbid people expected a tracklist for an album finished 2 months ago having supposed to been released earlier in this quarter.

-People complain when she SPOILS the contents of her art, but then never gives information about the package they come in. This isn't a complex issue or statement, people don't want to HEAR what some untitled song sounds like from a 15-second snippet, but they DO want to know the title of the songs that have been finished for months on an album past-due.

-We actually don't know when the album is dropping, you saying April at the earliest is your opinion. You wouldn't have to imagine anything if they would give out the rightful information on an anticipated project, yet, somehow, you seem to have an issue with that.

-It's better for her to say she has no information outright than giving us information, going dark, then us learning said information was false or changed while she's STILL silent. It's better to be upfront you're a sealed lock than be vague then somehow fail your already vague statements