Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Has anybody heard of that?

I had a notification for insta right after the poem last night that was blank so I wondered if she had posted something and instantly deleted it but the date for this tweet would be wrong then

Motivational post here: let's hang on, guys! Sure, it's a rough period to get through but after that, not only we'll we have NFR (I'm sure the release date and lead is coming soon), but we will have the Jesse R. collaboration to look forward to and the Disney song  :)

Off topic, but does anyone know the og video of the gif with a black woman on black dress reaching for the door and the suddenly stopping with a shock lool on his face? I know it was used a lot in here :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

Off topic, but does anyone know the og video of the gif with a black woman on black dress reaching for the door and the suddenly stopping with a shock lool on his face? I know it was used a lot in here :toofunny:

giphy.gif

I guess the book is ready to be published (?) Hopefully it’s not gonna take her too long but God knows what’s she’s gonna do

I hope she has a proof writer helping her fix all the grammar and spelling mistakes before it gets published though :awkney: the music community will love it but the reader community will tear her to shreds, with good reason :awkney2:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Do you think Lana is gonna release this as a songwriter who's dabbling into poetry and having fun with it in a non serious way or do you think she actually wants to be taken seriously as a poet? If it's the latter I'm scared for her, I don't want her dreams to be crushed before her eyes :sadcore:

Do you think Lana is gonna release this as a songwriter who's dabbling into poetry and having fun with it in a non serious way or do you think she actually wants to be taken seriously as a poet? If it's the latter I'm scared for her, I don't want her dreams to be crushed before her eyes :sadcore:

I wanna say the latter only because she has said she’s “a writer first” since the beginning, and the possibility she finally gained that confidence to release her writing from Marina/Florence. I’m starting to believe people’s theories that they pushed back the album because Lana changed her mind on the limited release of the book, to selling it with the album/making it available worldwide.

I hope it says "Elizabeth Grant" on the book and not Lana Del Rey. If she wants to be acknowledged as a writer before a singer, then it would be best not to put her stage name on the front.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

As long as she's ready to answer interview questions properly about the meaning behind some of the poems. It'll be like "is your last poem speaking on pregnancy? What is the meaning behind it" and I swear to god if she says "sonically the words just fit and sounded pretty to me" then she can kiss her poetry career goodbye :deadbanana:

So this is how this era worked. Lana released MAC and Venice Bitch with the intent to release NFR in the beginning of January. She was writing this poetry book and thought “i’m a poet now, not a singer.” and she decided to focus on the poetry book instead. Now she’s focused on the book and acting as if the singles were standalone songs. Practically the album era hasn’t even started. Right now it’s the Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass era. So in other words, don’t focus on an album coming anytime soon because it’s not the focus anymore

giphy.gif

As long as she's ready to answer interview questions properly about the meaning behind some of the poems. It'll be like "is your last poem speaking on pregnancy? What is the meaning behind it" and I swear to god if she says "sonically the words just fit and sounded pretty to me" then she can kiss her poetry career goodbye :deadbanana:

I really can't imagine lana being a mom

I really can't imagine lana being a mom

she's already a mom to thousands of gays what are u talking about?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

probably will just give one vague non-answer of "you know, I guess thematically, I'd just been looking at the way things were, and I really felt a greater shift in my path that I wanted to explore. Just based on what I'd done before, I wanted to maybe take the road a little less traveled, and stand firm in that." Followed by ten question and answers about the best yoga studios in LA. 

I imagine lana as a mom so much. She has such a maternal instinct with her fans and always saying she loves us in shows and remembering some of the fans name. I remember when she said she would have been a doula if she wouldn't have make it as a singer. She loves children, theres a couple of videos of her holding babies and she looks so happy. Idk maybe it's just me but i think if she would have found the one she would have been established with children long time ago and i definitely think she would be a good mom. Just imagine all the life stories she could teach a child ahh

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

I imagine lana as a mom so much. She has such a maternal instinct with her fans and always saying she loves us in shows and remembering some of the fans name. I remember when she said she would have been a doula if she wouldn't have make it as a singer. She loves children, theres a couple of videos of her holding babies and she looks so happy. Idk maybe it's just me but i think if she would have found the one she would have been established with children long time ago and i definitely think she would be a good mom. Just imagine all the life stories she could teach a child ahh

Seconding this, Lana is mom af and I don’t mean it in the way that all the ig stans call her mom

LIZARD PEOPLE