Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

My fave looks/aesthetics from any era are definitely from UV that whole vibe she was giving off was so perfect. It’s so underrated. The whole leather jacket and etc. that’s the baddie we want and deserve. I love the BTD looks too, but how she looked during UV. Will never be topped. LFL could have been better and HM was good to for that album. It fits the sound of the album so perfectly. Was she looking a little chubbier during that era or was it just me? She still looked gorgeous tho.

It'd b great if this was part of the album booklet imo, it's a bit sleazy ish tho but I dig the micro-moment sensationalism absas1.png

what is that in her hand? For a second I thought it was rolling paper lol. I can’t zoom in on mobile and since my cell service sucks in my house it took forever to load.

Speaking of, my home WiFi hasn’t been working for like 3 weeks so I haven’t had a chance to keep going back and torturing my self by listening to the snippets of all the NFR songs. :( I already forgot what the snippet for the title song sounds like lol. Sometimes I crave to listen to the snippets and it sucks because I can’t :’(

what is that in her hand? For a second I thought it was rolling paper lol. I can’t zoom in on mobile and since my cell service sucks in my house it took forever to load.

Speaking of, my home WiFi hasn’t been working for like 3 weeks so I haven’t had a chance to keep going back and torturing my self by listening to the snippets of all the NFR songs. :( I already forgot what the snippet for the title song sounds like lol. Sometimes I crave to listen to the snippets and it sucks because I can’t :’(

Hmm from my view it looks like gum wrapper .. idk exactly what for tho lol and ohmygod sorta off topic, but yeah bad wifi's the worst, hope ya get that fixed. But honestly tho, I mean it's a good way of exercising restraint if anything, 'less ya wanted to tease urself til the end of August or who tf knows exactly ~ 

Good luck w it tho, I'd suggest something like pico or something. AND, i mean most of them are on insta anyway, so, if worse comes to REAL worse, u can save the posts or something, nd listen to em thru there 

UV/Honeymoon

People who want production on HTD to be a boring piano mess.... we DO have the Apple performance..

I’m Torn (by Endaswap) tbh; the production Anton Jackoff was giving it in that livestream was nice but I love the version in that snippet she posted forever ago

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Hmm from my view it looks like gum wrapper .. idk exactly what for tho lol and ohmygod sorta off topic, but yeah bad wifi's the worst, hope ya get that fixed. But honestly tho, I mean it's a good way of exercising restraint if anything, 'less ya wanted to tease urself til the end of August or who tf knows exactly ~

Good luck w it tho, I'd suggest something like pico or something. AND, i mean most of them are on insta anyway, so, if worse comes to REAL worse, u can save the posts or something, nd listen to em thru there

thanks man! Unfortunately xfinity/Comcast has the worst customer service and here in Florida where I live they offer the best and fastest internet so I have to keep dealing with them until I can get them to fix it.

And yea so far it has been the best way for me to stay away from the snippets. I’d almost listen to them everyday lol.

The good thing about a lot of her songs is that when you don’t listen to them for a while and you suddenly do they sound so amazing lol. Good thing I have MAC, VB, HIAD and Doin Time downloaded on my iPad so I can listen to them all the time.

I’m Torn (by Endaswap) tbh; the production Anton Jackoff was giving it in that livestream was nice but I love the version in that snippet she posted forever ago

I’m torn between wanting HTD to be just a piano and her voice like the live version, but I do like the instrumental/beat that he was playing during the live stream.

Just a dumb random question, do y’all have any friends, bfs, mothers, dads, sisters, brothers etc lol. That like Lana and if so have y’all played any of the snippets for them and what are their reactions?

thanks man! Unfortunately xfinity/Comcast has the worst customer service and here in Florida where I live they offer the best and fastest internet so I have to keep dealing with them until I can get them to fix it.

And yea so far it has been the best way for me to stay away from the snippets. I’d almost listen to them everyday lol.

The good thing about a lot of her songs is that when you don’t listen to them for a while and you suddenly do they sound so amazing lol. Good thing I have MAC, VB, HIAD and Doin Time downloaded on my iPad so I can listen to them all the time.

Sure ! Mhm! and ohgod no I hate that, it's kinda like ya don't have much of a choice since it's the best option out there and LOOOOL stay outta yt, I know there're a lot of compilation vids with them all, I mean, personally, I like em spread out so it's not so overwhelming or ta make em stale. Least you can control yourself of em, I usually still get lost playing Venice b so that's something. 

MAC, imo, has amazing staying power, everything we've heard is still pretty fresh sounding, which is great when u think about it.. HiaDT is more like a delicacy rather than a snack if that even makes direct sense, but nonetheless, still pretty great, I mean maybe I'm just not annoyed of them like the others might b, but yeah two cents. 

and! I was getting into that, nd I appreciate the cover, A LOT, but I'm reverting back to the original more these days. The grittiness of the original's better for the heat imo- wait's almost over, I really think she'll be a bit more (hopefully, directly) active about the record more so in (mid) August than anything. 

UV/Honeymoon

Is it? She did say 2 months til the album,,

She said it in June and we're in July, two months from June is August

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Sure ! Mhm! and ohgod no I hate that, it's kinda like ya don't have much of a choice since it's the best option out there and LOOOOL stay outta yt, I know there're a lot of compilation vids with them all, I mean, personally, I like em spread out so it's not so overwhelming or ta make em stale. Least you can control yourself of em, I usually still get lost playing Venice b so that's something.

MAC, imo, has amazing staying power, everything we've heard is still pretty fresh sounding, which is great when u think about it.. HiaDT is more like a delicacy rather than a snack if that even makes direct sense, but nonetheless, still pretty great, I mean maybe I'm just not annoyed of them like the others might b, but yeah two cents.

and! I was getting into that, nd I appreciate the cover, A LOT, but I'm reverting back to the original more these days. The grittiness of the original's better for the heat imo- wait's almost over, I really think she'll be a bit more (hopefully, directly) active about the record more so in (mid) August than anything.

Yes, it’s the worst and the sad part is that those bitches know they’re the best so they take advantage, kinda how Lana knows she’s amazing so she knows we’re going to be here fiending for new music no matter how much she puts us through that bitch lol. And yes if you search for NFR on yt you get so many options that pop up lol.

And I agree with everything you said about VB and MAC. I’ve yet to get bored of them or them sound old for me. I recently let my bf listen to both of them and I catch him randomly humming both of them, he even caught himself humming and singing the lyrics to MAC and said fuuuuuck lol. It was so funny. He doesn’t want to admit that he likes her but introduced him to BTD and he’s obsessed with it. I’m working on getting him to like UV but it’s been a bit harder lol.

And when it comes to HIADT, I love the song but I’d understand why some wouldn’t like it as much, since I’ve been kinda on the depressed side quite a bit recently it fits my mood a lot and it calms be down quite a lot. I greatly appreciate the song. If I’m being honest I had never heard the original version of Doin Time until Lana released her version, but when I did finally listen to it, I instantly liked it. Maybe a tad bit more than Lana’s cover long, but her version for me is such an easy listen and it feels so short lol.

Yes, it’s the worst and the sad part is that those bitches know they’re the best so they take advantage, kinda how Lana knows she’s amazing so she knows we’re going to be here fiending for new music no matter how much she puts us through that bitch lol. And yes if you search for NFR on yt you get so many options that pop up lol.

And I agree with everything you said about VB and MAC. I’ve yet to get bored of them or them sound old for me. I recently let my bf listen to both of them and I catch him randomly humming both of them, he even caught himself humming and singing the lyrics to MAC and said fuuuuuck lol. It was so funny. He doesn’t want to admit that he likes her but introduced him to BTD and he’s obsessed with it. I’m working on getting him to like UV but it’s been a bit harder lol.

And when it comes to HIADT, I love the song but I’d understand why some wouldn’t like it as much, since I’ve been kinda on the depressed side quite a bit recently it fits my mood a lot and it calms be down quite a lot. I greatly appreciate the song. If I’m being honest I had never heard the original version of Doin Time until Lana released her version, but when I did finally listen to it, I instantly liked it. Maybe a tad bit more than Lana’s cover long, but her version for me is such an easy listen and it feels so short lol.

Hmm. I mean, objectively speaking, those are two separate, diff grades. But, I c what ur getting at. I guess ya just gotta play the game. I honestly really think she could give a rat's , but I genuinely enjoy when she trolls so. Honestly doubt anyone's really in too deep about everything on here, like I get needing public/private support nd drawing that from being understood or wanting to dissociate w the music, if just for a few min bc everyone deserves a break every now n then, but yea, sometimes ya just gotta play the game lol 

Ohgoddddd that's adorable, and I mean honestly no yeah, it's nice to really have someone to share her music, spec in that way. It's like, just about sharing ur perspectives on things, and picking out info based off of those comm discussions. Just get into it like ya normally would and maybe he'll catch on how u love it so much hahahahahahahahaha

I think that HIADT's just got this sort of ominous vibe to it, that might b sour to stomach just then and there, or suddenly, so u'd really have to be in some state of mind or something to really get into it imo. Doin Time's incredibly abrupt. I mean heyo yeah replay value yesss, so I actually prefer it that way, but no, the original's where it's at for me. Don't really think she'll have it on the record, idk intuitively speaking, Antonoff's records, at least the ones I really know of, seem to have his kind of collaborative stamp, nd DT doesn't seem as much at the same pace of how NFR's been being revealed to us. But we'll just have to fookin see 

UV/Honeymoon

I dont believe her at ALL, sorry Elizabeth but just keeping it real.

Same. 

And considering that we now know she was in the studio in June ... 

Obviously, it takes a certain amount of time from submission to the label 'til release. Idk how long that would be exactly, but for a physical release they need to print, distribute, etc ... two months seems like the minimum you would need to sort all of that out (just guessing because I have nfi). 

With that in mind, I feel like the "it's coming in two months" line might just be her approximating when it'll be ready, rather than her having an actual date in mind. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Jack has a new post ... "June in film part 2" and one is of sis in the studio ...

What were they changing ...

absas1.png

Maybe this rumored collab with Tay is true bc Jack added some photos which were captioned „june in film” and there’s one photo of Taylor Swift. Or I’m just reaching.

giphy.gif

Maybe this rumored collab with Tay is true bc Jack added some photos which were captioned „june in film” and there’s one photo of Taylor Swift. Or I’m just reaching.

I definitely prefer this theory over the fucking-with-NFR one. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream