Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I really really really hope that venice bitch and mac arent on the album. I hardly ever listen to them and i've never craved to hear them either. And now they're just old and washed out and i feel like putting them on the album would just be annoying when we could have two completely fresh tracks that we haven't heard yet in those positions. Hope however remains skinny and deserves a spot

I feel the same way—I will accept it if they’re on the album, as I expect they will be, but I would rather have three new songs (I am including ‘Hope.’) Today it’s easy to customize your own version of an album via iTunes and the iPhone, and just add them if you’d prefer to in the event that they’re not on the official album. I took ‘Coachella’ off LFL and added ‘Best American Record.’

Even though she confirmed the album is coming in August, I don't see it happening. Can someone post the "it's not realistic" gif here cause I don't know how :flop:. I hope.mp3 I'm wrong though 

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Even though she confirmed the album is coming in August, I don't see it happening. Can someone post the "it's not realistic" gif here cause I don't know how :flop:. I hope.mp3 I'm wrong though

I think you’re wrong to use the word ‘confirmed’ about what she said at the recent concert about “in two months.” That’s not ‘confirmation’ when we’re talking about LDR, especially in this era. She also said, what was it, “soon” or “in a little bit.” I have no faith in any of these comments after the last year.

‘Confirmed’ is a strong word. We’ll have ‘confirmation’ when we get a ‘hard’ press release with a date from Interscope or a preorder on iTunes. Until then, I don’t think we can consider anything ‘confirmed.’

Just a dumb random question, do y’all have any friends, bfs, mothers, dads, sisters, brothers etc lol. That like Lana and if so have y’all played any of the snippets for them and what are their reactions?

I feel Lana's team is trying to reach (maybe) to a new audience. I think the demographic could be people around their 35-40, 40-46 or people who listen to the type of music NFR has (idk). My mom loves Lana and I started to play the snippet in my car and she asked me if those were new songs. She loved every single snippet, more than Blue Velvet (her favorite song)

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

September sounds about right rather then August. I see a single in august.

All I need after NFR is an EP with Roses Bloom, BAR and Yosemite

let it go sis they’re never being released

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I really really really hope that venice bitch and mac arent on the album. I hardly ever listen to them and i've never craved to hear them either. And now they're just old and washed out and i feel like putting them on the album would just be annoying when we could have two completely fresh tracks that we haven't heard yet in those positions. Hope however remains skinny and deserves a spot

Sry luv wha-?

I totally get what you're saying but I feel like they need to be in it. It wouldn't be NFR 100% without those tracks. Personally, they're one of my faves!

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Just a dumb random question, do y’all have any friends, bfs, mothers, dads, sisters, brothers etc lol. That like Lana and if so have y’all played any of the snippets for them and what are their reactions?

My mom loves Lana's music and I played her the songs and snippet. She loves MAC and VB even more, she likes Hope. She's not a fan of the NFR snippet but she likes Cinnamon, HIAB, Stronger, and she loves HTD. She finds IYC cute. And she definitely understands why I want this album so much. She doesn't speak English well enough to understand what the lyrics are so it's all about the voice and the melody for her.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I feel Lana's team is trying to reach (maybe) to a new audience. I think the demographic could be people around their 35-40, 40-46 or people who listen to the type of music NFR has (idk). My mom loves Lana and I started to play the snippet in my car and she asked me if those were new songs. She loved every single snippet, more than Blue Velvet (her favorite song)

Maybe it doesn’t have so much to do with « her team wanting to reach a new demographics » as much as the music of NFR is « a day in the life ». I am a bit older than most of you (around Lana and Jack’s age) and the songs really have a replay value. I feel that as I get older, I understand more and more the « power » of everyday Life. Maybe this is why your moms really like the snippets so far. That and the orchestrations / production really are « classics » and won’t probably age badly.

Maybe it doesn’t have so much to do with « her team wanting to reach a new demographics » as much as the music of NFR is « a day in the life ». I am a bit older than most of you (around Lana and Jack’s age) and the songs really have a replay value. I feel that as I get older, I understand more and more the « power » of everyday Life. Maybe this is why your moms really like the snippets so far. That and the orchestrations / production really are « classics » and won’t probably age badly.

I had that idea after the Radiohead incident ksksks and people who used to dislike her and now love (or respected) her after listening to MAC and VB, but I'm not sure about the demographic thing.

I think you're right. Lana has a lot of freedom while making this album. I know for sure, Norman Fucking Rockwell will age like fine wine.

You can use a URL image hosting site to upload images (Like imgur.com, etc) Just copy the image's URL and paste it here. It should show up :)

I DON'T LIKE LANA ANYMORE

tumblr_mjladggtVx1rdgz31o1_400.gif

PLS DELETE MY ACCOUNT

I can’t believe it’s f*cking July and we actually have no CONCRETE information about a god damn thing. No one who worked on the album seems to care about anything. No leaks. No whispers in the wind. Nothing.

I don’t know whether I should cry or laugh, but it’s all the same release I guess.

Donald Trump use your Russian hackers for good and get them to leak NFR.

Just listened to VB after a while of not having done so and whew, an experience. I’d love to have more electric guitar in there, imagine a studio version of the way she’s been performing it at the festivals. The drop after “if you weren’t mine, I’d be jealous of your love”, the guitar. Feed me it mama :defeated:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

it's literally been so long since we've had a release from this album that i genuinely forgot it was six months ago. as of next week we've not had an official song from this album in half a year.

I wasn't around long enough to know, but I'm assuming this is the longest wait for an album to be released. How long did it take the others to come out?

I DON'T LIKE LANA ANYMORE

tumblr_mjladggtVx1rdgz31o1_400.gif

PLS DELETE MY ACCOUNT

it's literally been so long since we've had a release from this album that i genuinely forgot it was six months ago. as of next week we've not had an official song from this album in half a year.

There are none and have been none in over half a year.

I can’t believe it’s f*cking July and we actually have no CONCRETE information about a god damn thing. No one who worked on the album seems to care about anything. No leaks. No whispers in the wind. Nothing.

I don’t know whether I should cry or laugh, but it’s all the same release I guess.

Donald Trump use your Russian hackers for good and get them to leak NFR.

This is so depressing and true. 

We fucking need closure on this.