Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I wasn't around long enough to know, but I'm assuming this is the longest wait for an album to be released. How long did it take the others to come out?

not long at all. the last time the wait was really bad was with LFL and before that was the wait for Tropico, but UV and HMs releases were easy. not sure about BTD since i started stanning like a month after paradises release

I wanna slap myself for thinking the LFL era was bad. Bitch we had a LIVE PERFORMANCE of Cherry. We had MAGAZINE COVERS. We had RADIO INTERVIEWS. We had BILLBOARDS AND POSTERS. And guess what? We took it for granted. I hate myself, I truly do.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I really really really hope that venice bitch and mac arent on the album. I hardly ever listen to them and i've never craved to hear them either. And now they're just old and washed out and i feel like putting them on the album would just be annoying when we could have two completely fresh tracks that we haven't heard yet in those positions. Hope however remains skinny and deserves a spot

Now that's just bad taste.

:um:

I wanna slap myself for thinking the LFL era was bad. Bitch we had a LIVE PERFORMANCE of Cherry. We had MAGAZINE COVERS. We had RADIO INTERVIEWS. We had BILLBOARDS AND POSTERS. And guess what? We took it for granted. I hate myself, I truly do.

I feel like it's less long when you're not thinking of it daily by being on a forum for that specific thing. I wasn't on Lanaboards during the LFL pre-release and it didn't feel that long or messy to me. I didn't have this place to remind me all the time that the album was taking so long to be released.

I feel like people who aren't in here thinking about the album find it easier to wait. NFR isn't on their mind 24/7 unlike most people here

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Well it's over. We're really getting an album out of the blue with no promo or singles. I-

I'm not saying this is what we deserve, but take a look at LFL pre-release thread and how we'd take for granted each single promo she had planned. Like we literally had EVERYTHING and we still got bored after 1 week without news. Lana's probably laughing at us each time we complain about how long it has been    :smh:

???, ?????????

Not only the release but the sole actual existence of this album seems unrealistic for me at this point. Like we are trapped in a constant nightmare, doomed to perpetual anticipation. I cannot even picture myself listening to the full versions of the tracks, snippets of which we've heard. I'm unable to fantasize about holding the actual physical copy of "Norman Fucking Rockwell" in my hands or having it in the digital form in full on my phone. It seems to be a thing out of my wildest dreams. Like we all together made it up and it was never real. The album that never was  :suicide:  :xcry:

Omg, I just had a dream and in my dream something was announced to be released on August 4th lol. I just checked and I guess it’s on a Sunday so it means nothing I guess.

Not only the release but the sole actual existence of this album seems unrealistic for me at this point. Like we are trapped in a constant nightmare, doomed to perpetual anticipation. I cannot even picture myself listening to the full versions of the tracks, snippets of which we've heard. I'm unable to fantasize about holding the actual physical copy of "Norman Fucking Rockwell" in my hands or having it in the digital form in full on my phone. It seems to be a thing out of my wildest dreams. Like we all together made up and it was never real. The album that never was :suicide: :xcry:

If this ain’t the damn truth. We are just going be fed snippets until we are 80, Lana stays perpetually the same age and continues to say soon and give a vague update every 4 months, we continue guessing when the preorder will come until we are in our graves.

Well it's over. We're really getting an album out of the blue with no promo or singles. I-

I'm not saying this is what we deserve, but take a look at LFL pre-release thread and how we'd take for granted each single promo she had planned. Like we literally had EVERYTHING and we still got bored after 1 week without news. Lana's probably laughing at us each time we complain about how long it has been    :smh:

At this point, she's getting revenge on us.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

It’s also crazy that there is not ONE person who has heard it that cares to spill SOMETHING online? Not like leaked tracks but just bragging that they’ve heard it or “it’s amazing” or “it’s shit” or something. That’s what makes it feel like it truly doesn’t exist.

Someone somewhere has to have heard it and be itching to say something, even if it’s vague, right? What about the dancer friends? I wonder if they’ve listened to the whole thing.

Maybe it is really bad and that’s why no one is saying anything...

Honestly the album wait hasn't even phased me anymore. Maybe it's because I stan artists who have had several year long gaps between releases with nothing but silence. However the constant teasing of tracks really amplifies the longing for the album sghsghlkhd

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

It’s also crazy that there is not ONE person who has heard it that cares to spill SOMETHING online? Not like leaked tracks but just bragging that they’ve heard it or “it’s amazing” or “it’s shit” or something. That’s what makes it feel like it truly doesn’t exist.

Someone somewhere has to have heard it and be itching to say something, even if it’s vague, right? What about the dancer friends? I wonder if they’ve listened to the whole thing.

Maybe it is really bad and that’s why no one is saying anything...

Someone asked Byron (piano player) on his Instagram if he had listened to the album or any song from the album and he said he had only listened to 2

Someone asked Byron (piano player) on his Instagram if he had listened to the album or any song from the album and he said he had only listened to 2

I really hate everything about this informtion I wish I couldn't read

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Yeah, fucking MAC and VB.

I feel like it's less long when you're not thinking of it daily by being on a forum for that specific thing. I wasn't on Lanaboards during the LFL pre-release and it didn't feel that long or messy to me. I didn't have this place to remind me all the time that the album was taking so long to be released.

I feel like people who aren't in here thinking about the album find it easier to wait. NFR isn't on their mind 24/7 unlike most people here

Staying here doesn’t help for sure. However, I’m on a Lana FB group and though no one is half as informed as we are, they are fed up of waiting. Nobody is saying « Take your time, sweetie, release it whenever you want » anymore (it was the case after the March 29-gate). A couple of her online magazine faves also capture « Can we finally hear NFR already? » more often, with each snippet. She really is building up both anticipation and impatience at this point.