Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

it's common in the music industry for artists to record separate from each other. they might record on different days or in different studios. they might not even meet the person they are collaborating with. i'm saying this, not specifically to you, but because of all the collab conspiracies.

This is true, I mean in 2001-2002 when my fave rap group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony we’re recording their 5th studio album called Thug World Order a member named Bizzy Bone wasn’t present for most of the songs that were recorded for the album. Everything was sent to him and or recorded at separate times in different studios because he had been kicked out of the group at the time. Unfortunately with that situation it’s obvious that he wasn’t present for the recording of the songs because his verses/parts have nothing to do with the subject/topic of any of the songs. Plus he wanted to go rogue and out of spite was off topic on purpose lol. Only like 2-3 songs out of a 16 track album he was present with the rest of the group and you can tell because in those few songs his verses made sense lol. Ahhh, imagine. I’m still waiting for a group album from them since 2010. All of my faves suck because Nicki took 4 years to release her “Queen” album which was sort of underwhelming, and now well she’s pretty much a joke as well.

After all the NFR debacle is over I really hope she puts out that 25 track unreleased album. A mixture of re-done or remastered songs. She could drop it this time next year to tide us over until LDR7. It would be so fucking disappointing if she fell asleep on this idea. I’m guessing it’s going to take a lot of recording and work hence why she’s not put it out yet. I think it would also do well commercially. It could be called Lizzy Grant A.K.A Lana Del Rey...the reverse.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

All I need after NFR is an EP with Roses Bloom, BAR and Yosemite

She should get going to it honestly before all her good unreleased get leaked. The Good Life comes to mind (maybe we should predict when that one will leak: we have more chance of being right :P )

I really really really hope that venice bitch and mac arent on the album. I hardly ever listen to them and i've never craved to hear them either. And now they're just old and washed out and i feel like putting them on the album would just be annoying when we could have two completely fresh tracks that we haven't heard yet in those positions. Hope however remains skinny and deserves a spot

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Well since Lana said "2 months", has anyone tried contacting their local record stores to see when it'll be in stock? I might try emailing some big music store companies like HMV and see what they say. During the LFL era they messaged me back and let me know if they had it.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Well since Lana said "2 months", has anyone tried contacting their local record stores to see when it'll be in stock? I might try emailing some big music store companies like HMV and see what they say. During the LFL era they messaged me back and let me know if they had it.

go for it

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

I really really really hope that venice bitch and mac arent on the album. I hardly ever listen to them and i've never craved to hear them either. And now they're just old and washed out and i feel like putting them on the album would just be annoying when we could have two completely fresh tracks that we haven't heard yet in those positions. Hope however remains skinny and deserves a spot

:awk: she basically confirmed that both of them are on the album multiple times. and it's a you problem if you can't appreciate some of lana's finest work to date :kiss3: 

Really hoping the album art and cover comes through..

sigh

We aren’t getting this album for a GOOD while.

3 and 1/2 months later...

did we ever get in touch with that psychic who does celebrity readings

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Mental illness 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

home of phobia

Imagine wanting Hope on the album but also saying that MAC and Venice Bitch are "old" and you don't feel like listening to them. The self hatred...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

They will be on the album, she said something in the lines of "the next song is from my new record, it's called Mariners Apartment Complex". And I guess she said the same for VB

Imagine wanting Hope on the album but also saying that MAC and Venice Bitch are "old" and you don't feel like listening to them. The self hatred...

Imagine not wanting hope on the album

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Honestly, we need both VB and MAC on NFR: they both have the guitar-surfing elements that will probably be on a couple more tracks. If they are removed, everyone will riot that this album is « filled with boring piano ballads only »

VB is the only song that actually sounds the tiniest bit like surf rock, and I'm using that term very loosely. I do hope we have more guitar driven songs but most of what we've heard is piano so I don't think it'll happen.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Im not a big fan of the surf tracks. I think it's too laid back and dull for Lana. Much prefer her with electric guitars, strings or pianos

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

VB is the only song that actually sounds the tiniest bit like surf rock, and I'm using that term very loosely. I do hope we have more guitar driven songs but most of what we've heard is piano so I don't think it'll happen.

We still have 4 songs we know nothing of. She did mention that the last part of the album had more guitar elements (maybe she meant synths, like Cinnamon?). Two of them could end up being more like VB. Or even the end of a song previewed in a snippet.