Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

wow, i have the same issue with BTD but with another set of tracks: blue jeans, diet mtn dew, dark paradise, without you, lolita, yayo. like they're good songs and i used to love the whole album, but rn if any of these songs comes up on my shuffled playlist, i'll probably skip it.

they're still iconic tracks and i play them when i'm in a certain mood tho!

true, but a lot of Lana's discography can really depend on your mood. BTD is still an iconic album, but it has its faults like most.

wow, i have the same issue with BTD but with another set of tracks: blue jeans, diet mtn dew, dark paradise, without you, lolita, yayo. like they're good songs and i used to love the whole album, but rn if any of these songs comes up on my shuffled playlist, i'll probably skip it.

they're still iconic tracks and i play them when i'm in a certain mood tho!

skipping yayo is unforgivable

giphy.gif

i’m in a cinema and the charl E’s angles trailer played and when it said “new single by ariana grande miley cyrus lana del rey” all these girls in the front row screamed LANA!!! where are you i know you’re in here

i’m in a cinema and the charl E’s angles trailer played and when it said “new single by ariana grande miley cyrus lana del rey” all these girls in the front row screamed LANA!!! where are you i know you’re in here

Lmfao

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

She better sing an original song for Maleficent because Oscars snubbed her with Young and Beautiful and now it's a revenge time. 

yeah i remember that, and oscar doesn't accept an old song that hasn't been written for the movie, she lied about Y&B and someone has contacted them and told them the truth lol hopefully this time she can make something for the movie, cuz i know she can and she deserves it!

:smile3:

yeah i remember that, and oscar doesn't accept an old song that hasn't been written for the movie, she lied about Y&B and someone has contacted them and told them the truth lol hopefully this time she can make something for the movie, cuz i know she can and she deserves it!

I mean she didn't write it for the movie but it wasn't released of performed before so I don't think her not being nominated had to do with this

She better sing an original song for Maleficent because Oscars snubbed her with Young and Beautiful and now it's a revenge time. 

But Young & Beautiful wasn't really that good...

I Can Fly and Big Eyes were better.

giphy.gif

I mean she didn't write it for the movie but it wasn't released of performed before so I don't think her not being nominated had to do with this

as far what i remember "its been almost 7 years now lol" it was because of that, cuz the song should be written excursively for the movie

:smile3:

Did everyone get their tickets xoxox

No, I was indecisive for like 30 minutes and told myself it's better if I don't go. But I'm glad for everyone who got what they wanted! :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

as far what i remember "its been almost 7 years now lol" it was because of that, cuz the song should be written excursively for the movie

It was actively sabotaged as well though:

"At least one member of the academy of motion picture arts and sciences' music selection committee has reportedly received "an anonymous envelope" with what looks like a print-out from the industry magazine Variety. The article, which was never actually published, claims that Lana Del Rey's song has been disqualified due to a release date technicality. Studio and label representatives were unable to trace the enevelope's sender."

It was actively sabotaged as well though:

"At least one member of the academy of motion picture arts and sciences' music selection committee has reportedly received "an anonymous envelope" with what looks like a print-out from the industry magazine Variety. The article, which was never actually published, claims that Lana Del Rey's song has been disqualified due to a release date technicality. Studio and label representatives were unable to trace the enevelope's sender."

What the, now I'm mad. :crossed:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

So I was listening to the interview she did with Zane Lowe in 2017 for the SB and GL premiere and she talked about "Architecture" there and she said that it's a song about Topanga.. In the demo we have Topanga was never mentioned but she mentions Topanga now in the new snippet we got.. So idk if it's a reach but maybe TNBAR isn't reworked at all for NFR cause after all its weird that she changed the lyrics and she kept the exact same production

So I was listening to the interview she did with Zane Lowe in 2017 for the SB and GL premiere and she talked about "Architecture" there and she said that it's a song about Topanga.. In the demo we have Topanga was never mentioned but she mentions Topanga now in the new snippet we got.. So idk if it's a reach but maybe TNBAR isn't reworked at all for NFR cause after all its weird that she changed the lyrics and she kept the exact same production

i mean, it is Lana so having different versions/lyrics recorded isn't a stretch.

It’s not uncommon for an artist to have even a dozen different versions of songs,

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I am optimistic that the lyrics will change throughout the song 

Maybe it will go something like . . .

"Whatever's on tonight/ I just wanna dance with you

Topanga's hot tonight / [something something about singing in bars or wearing a dress or whatever]

We did it all for fame / Look at how life treats us now that it's over"

Or the song will have different lyrics throughout since it has that chorus like 3 times (+ all the refrains) 

3lfQEhw.png