Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Pure Heroine didn't age that well for me but Melodrama is a classic  :teehee:

Melodrama is not bad but she waited 5 years to release 11 tracks produced all by Jack Antonoff...

Like I'm not trying to compare them but Lana did the same thing right after LFL, with the same producer and in less than a year LOL

Melodrama is not bad but she waited 5 years to release 11 tracks produced all by Jack Antonoff...

Like I'm not trying to compare them but Lana did the same thing right after LFL, with the same producer and in less than a year LOL

I feel bad for her because she failed to capitalise on the hype and by the time melodrama came out the general public were over her and her type of music was no longer fresh and relevant.

This is why Lana is ‘Queen of Alternative’ because she’s had 4 successful studio album and an EP in 5 years and lust for life sold basically the same as Melodrama.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

but Lana has wayyyyy more experience in the studio so of course she produces music faster. i haven't listened to Pure Heroine or Melodrama, only like 2 songs, so I can't say whether the 5 year wait was worth it tho

Was running some errands and randomly saw Lana!! So proud of her  :party:

IMG_20190809_181129.jpg

props to her promotional team for really getting to the target audience at its most vulnerable

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I love hearing doin time on kroq. That was my “rock” station growing up, and it used to play mainly male artists (still does probably). Anyway, would never think to hear someone like Lana on that station. Glad people are more open nowadays.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Are we really comparing Lorde and sis (ie: two totally different artists who likely work in very different ways)? Fuh. Fuck

My thot exactly.

Check out my new single: Looking for Correlation.

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Do we think sis went on any roller coasters at the fair, or do we think she was too concerned about her lashes coming off?

Speaking from personal experience: yes this is a valid fear.

Also, when I drive fast (wind in my hair) with the windows down, I can hear my eyelashes swinging, the glue is struggling & the hairs are up. On the highway & I’m singing: ooh baby, no baby don’t come off.

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

How to Disappear will be the album closer for me. I don't like how the record ends on such a somber sounding note

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Are we really comparing Lorde and sis (ie: two totally different artists who likely work in very different ways)? Fuh. Fuck

NO but

If we have to compare the most alternative female singers in the game, they all have something of unique and special

Lana: hollywood sadcore with Americana influences

Florence: she has a vivid, eccentric style which accompanied with her raw vocals is a perfect mix

Marina: all of her albums so have different themes and music genres (indie-pop with TFJ /electropop with EH / pop-rock with Froot)

Melanie Martinez: was the first alternative singer to use old toys as instruments and her music is not all about "breakups"

By the other hand, what does Lorde have that makes her special? sorry but nothing.

She does not have any unique traits that can let her be distinguished from the others. 

NO but

If we have to compare the most alternative female singers in the game, they all have something of unique and special

Florence: she has a vivid, eccentric style which accompanied with her raw vocals is a perfect mix

Marina: all of her albums so have different themes and music genres (indie-pop with TFJ /electropop with EH / pop-rock with Froot)

Melanie Martinez: was the first alternative singer to use old toys as instruments and her music is not all about "breakups"

By the other hand, what does Lorde have that makes her special? sorry but nothing.

She does not have any unique traits that can let her be distinguished from the others. 

I reckon Lorde would go on roller coasters because her hair is already kinda messy so she'd be like, "the fuck ever"

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

NO but

Lorde was a teenager/YA singing about being a "common" person in those age ranges: living in the suburbs, not being rich, the emptiness of love and heartbreak and partying, fear of not being enough. I agree she's not really flamboyant or as powerful as the others, but I can see what makes her music attractive too. I can see Marina as the closest singer in terms of explored themes (IDK much about Melanie), but their sound is different. Lorde got a bit lucky with popularity.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

Did my joke about Lorde's mom stanning NFR trigger this? Because that wasn't my intention at all...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Me when the Bartender snippet comes on: 

tumblr_inline_p2all7GloG1ry3fgc_540.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.