Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Yes! For example I feel like "Hello, it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad" might be an inside joke between her and Rob. Like he refers to her like that and they joked about not knowing how to use tablets or something. It feels deeply personal and is almost too specific to put in a song because at first it sounds so strange but eventually it gives the verse such an intimate vibe. I love that line so so so much.

Or “calling from beyond the grave” means her killing her persona of Lizzy Grant off and when her dad sees her now all he sees is LDR and not Lizzy maybe? Meaning the most famous woman he knows. Idk but I like this speculation!!!!!!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Or “calling from beyond the grave” means her killing her persona of Lizzy Grant off and when her dad sees her now all he sees is LDR and not Lizzy maybe? Meaning the most famous woman he knows. Idk but I like this speculation!!!!!!

okay so i've always hated that line (when i played Hope for my english teacher i was cringing as i heard it and felt so embarrassed) but this is a hot take. this makes a lot of sense and i really like it. god this is so fucking sexy wow

what a fucking lyricist! what a fucking interpretation!

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Didn't she mention one time that she likes putting in little personal references in her songs that we probably won't get but she and the people around her will? This line is def one of those. 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it' is such a gorgeous underappreciated song ugh. That line got trashed but it's honestly one of my favorite lines from the song.

Yes she said this in regards to the Honeymoon album how she puts references into her songs that are so personal only she can understand them and that she actually really likes doing that.

Not good for those of us who want to understand her lyrics but it is what it is.

I don't even know which track I'm most excited to hear. After hearing all the snippets, VB remains the queen of this album for me while the trinity of H (HTD, HIAB, HIADT) are still my least favourite songs. 

I guess I'm dying to hear the following songs in full the most: NFR, Love song, California, Bartender.  

Didn't put Cinnamon girl because we already heard almost half of it and I kinda know what's up with it. As for the greatest and FIILY, I kind of have an idea already on what type of songs they are based on their snippets so I feel like they won't surprise me that much. But the other tracks are still kind of mysterious, I'm like ''ooh where's this gonna go?'' after I listen to the snippets 

Overall, fucking excited for probably her best album incoming  :usrs:

You always have the best taste. I could not stand the production on HTD, but after listening to the snippets on loop, it has naturally grown on me haha. HIAB and HIADT are my immediate least favorites

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I can't understand the hate for HTD, and I have to believe it's because of how different it is. I would understand if they were Roachella cheap trap beats, but I get serious Tori Amos/Broken Social Scene vibes from some of those instruments.

The production genuinely sounded like Roachella beats the first few times I listened to it. Lol

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Yes! For example I feel like "Hello, it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad" might be an inside joke between her and Rob. Like he refers to her like that and they joked about not knowing how to use tablets or something. It feels deeply personal and is almost too specific to put in a song because at first it sounds so strange but eventually it gives the verse such an intimate vibe. I love that line so so so much.

It could also be a metaphor(I dont know if thats what youd call it) for her talking about fame and likening it to how her dad only knows her as a famous person he see's on the ipad now and not his own daughter and family member.

Im a Lil Wayne fan and he has a lyric in his song Famous "Relatives aint seen them since the grass been greener, some people say I changed but they can't hear me jingle". Like since he became famous/rich his own family have become distanced from him, probably happens to a lot of celebrities. Might not be true of Lana and her dad but family in general even aunts and cousins and stuff.

Super random but did you guys see that Lorde's mom put Norman Fucking Rockwell as her twitter bio?  :deadbanana: outsold Melodrama already

Unpopular opinion:

all Lorde's music ages like milk :teehee: