Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I kinda thought the "loss" was the complete denigration of the America she used to believe in so much... but that could be me extrapolating

I think she’s outgrown her fame

Yeah she's over the fame, over the culture.

Remember when people tried to drag her for Hope and she replied with, "this is why I don't have anything to do with the culture anymore" or something to that effect?

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it ... she contemplating being past her prime

"If this is it"

I don't see why people think it means she's retiring. I mean, she might, but I don't think that's what the song is about.

It works on two levels, the second being about the end of the world—with the narrator and her “friends” safe elsewhere.

I kinda thought the "loss" was the complete denigration of the America she used to believe in so much... but that could be me extrapolating

It feels like a stream of consciousness to me. She first considers the fleeting happiness in her life that lessened upon finding fame and then expands to the greater degradation of American culture as a whole. It's a pretty brilliant song, lyrically.

She wants to have fans that aren’t mentally unstable 17 year old gays

As a mentally unstable 24 year old gay I feel relieved that Lana wants ME

D5a9eDNXkAIVfLt.jpg

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I feel like this song is about how scary life's changes are for her but she has hope that something somehow will ground her into reality ("don't leave I just need a wake up call"). She misses where she grew up, and what she's seeing in the political and real world is scary but also fascinating to her (Hawaii and the false nuke, LA obviously her favorite place in the world burning, her old friend Kanye supporting Trump, David Bowie dying AND life on mars being a literal thing). I'm not entirely sure with the chorus, but "I'm wasted" may be relating back to her history of alcoholism. The greatest loss is maybe a similar thing to how Kanye supporting Trump is a "loss of the culture"? I really don't know  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

sgopYhV.gif

The greatest loss is actually about that one time she went to the drive in and all her cheese curds fell onto the ground and so she got drunk to drink the pain away. Also global warming.

This is gonna b totally weird but does anyone else sorta get reminded of Carole King when she sings the prechoruses?

Funny you mention that. I’ve been thinking a lot about how NFR reminds me of Tapestry the album for some reason. I guess it just stirs up the same emotions and feelings for me. Idk feels legendary in a sense.