Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I don't know if this is news or anything- but I was searching NFR on Spotify and this dude has some titles for NFR songs in his playlist??

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3connZ6rmXqoHR1D61SFpW

1) Anyone can upload songs from their own saved ones from their computer I think - so I suppose you could have a file and just rename it to Mariners Apartment Complex and then upload it to your own Spotify if you want to

2) His Venice Bitch is only 4 minutes long, so unless Lana made it shorter for the album... it's fake

3) I won't believe anything until it's official from Lana and her team :crossed:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Mariners Apartment Complex

Venice Bitch

How To Disappear

Sylvia Plath

Happiness Is A Butterfly

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Cinnamon

Yosemite

MGK collab

Maybe: Bartender

Wow we have most of the tracklist already  :flutter:

All of us still pretending to be surprised when Lana officialy announces it:

8j4wKRF.png

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I don't know if this is news or anything- but I was searching NFR on Spotify and I found these titles?

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3connZ6rmXqoHR1D61SFpW

I don't think these are edited???? Because usually local files by other members on Spotify don't show up so it can't be edited??

Edit: Nevermind, I think they are edited RIP

Edit 2: I mean...the titles seem legit to me?? Like Summertime Sadness > Summer Bummer and now we have The Blackest Day > The Brightest Day? Idk man. Also Bartender/Sylvia could be on the deluxe edition, which is why they're not on here?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I don't think these are edited???? Because usually local files by other members on Spotify don't show up so it can't be edited??

Edit: Nevermind, I think they are edited RIP

Edit 2: I mean...the titles seem legit to me?? Like Summertime Sadness > Summer Bummer and now we have The Blackest Day > The Brightest Day? Idk man. Also Bartender/Sylvia could be on the deluxe edition, which is why they're not on here?

Yes Sylvia and Bartender are missing, and like @@Clampigirl pointed out, the timestamp for Venice Bitch isn't correct. 

And I don't understand if they are real tracks how they are showing up on Spotify in the first place?

source.gif source.gif

And I don't understand if they are real tracks how they are showing up on Spotify in the first place?

I think you can see them in the playlist but you can't play them because you're not using the computer which the songs are stored in. That's how I think it works, but I've never done it myself so I'm not 100% sure. But one of my brothers have done it like that, added songs to his own Spotify which only he can play because he's using that computer/account I guess.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

This thread is basically only a karma magnet now, only need to say "I wish Lana xxxx" or "when is xxx coming" and boom 15 likes love it. Also dying at The Brightest Day lkjfgkfhgkdjhgf if this is true I'm putting tomato sauce on my Lasagna Del Rey tshirt and eating it on camera

ZKcaooE.png

It’s indecent that she hasn’t given ANY information about the record in a whole month when two songs from it have been out for 2 months and a half. And that nothing tends to show that she’s going to anytime soon.

The tracks are like 3 mins long. Sorry sweetie you tried it... we want 6+ long tracks!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

what are chances lana would get in any type of legal trouble for naming her album norman fucking rockwell? reading articles has got me thinking she could potentially get sued for something along the lines misuse/destruction of name and likeness (not that i think thats what shes doing, just thats how american law would see it) she or her management would have to have legal rights to use his name

i dont think the album was completed when she announced that would be the title, so... im starting to think maybe she had to rename it  :biblio:

tumblr_inline_p7g3g992X51rujz3w_250.gif

what are chances lana would get in any type of legal trouble for naming her album norman fucking rockwell? reading articles has got me thinking she could potentially get sued for something along the lines misuse/destruction of name and likeness (not that i think thats what shes doing, just thats how american law would see it) she or her management would have to have legal rights to use his name

i dont think the album was completed when she announced that would be the title, so... im starting to think maybe she had to rename it  :biblio:

Hopefully the Norman Rockwell estate has already seen it so if they want her to change it they'll make her do it before she releases the album rather than suing her afterwards. If her managers weren't idiots they would have asked permission already but they are so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not sure if she could actually be sued for it though.

Hm, I do hope her team will look it up legally and find a solution before something could happen. Anything else would be unfortunate.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Hopefully the Norman Rockwell estate has already seen it so if they want her to change it they'll make her do it before she releases the album rather than suing her afterwards. If her managers weren't idiots they would have asked permission already but they are so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not sure if she could actually be sued for it though.

Hm, I do hope her team will look it up legally and find a solution before something could happen. Anything else would be unfortunate.

I'm not an expert on lawsuits and everything, but the way she described the story of the title track, Norman Rockwell is seen as positive, it's the douche she describes who thinks he is as genius as Norman Rockwell that brings the "negativity" of the song. So not Norman Rockwell himself. But I don't know if the estate is touchy about the use of the name (but then again, it's not the first time a writer or a journalist has described something naive and cute as being out of a Norman Fucking Rockwell painting, and I doubt that there many lawsuits pending regarding the matter). 

gays forcing themselves to cherish Cinnamon as the best track off of NFR already since it's the only upbeat track they've heard they can shake their ass to

c3f78e8428174a39a88bbf7906b1f25f_3_www_m