Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

VB's huge instrumental definitely gives me surf rock vibes, only in a more experimental sense. So far, HiaDT has been the only one that doesn't seem to really click with that group, for me. But I'm okay with that. Old Money didn't really jive with the neo-psychedelia of UV, and I don't know how she did it, but she managed to have Woodstock-era folk with trip hop, doo wop, and trap on L4L. 

I'm not entirely sold on HiaB being all piano. Just a hunch, but I think it'll be one of those songs that really builds in production as it goes along. I can hear electric guitars accompanying that melody pretty easily. 

I hope what we heard of HIAB wasn't the final version. Also, I re listened to it, and I think Lana is singing over her recording?

Is it just me who hears her live vocals over the actual studio vocals? Unless they added unedited Lana vocals over which I hope not! But it really does sound like she's singiover it like she did with Cinnamon snippet when she was driving

Also can't wait for the Trap version of how to disappear  :creep:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Jack really uses these ASMR mics with the people he works with huh. Listening to St.Vincent right now and her vocals are so clear like Lana’s in Hope is a Dangerous Thing, notice this in Melodrama too.

giphy.gif

I’m pulling myself out of what has been the worst week of my life, has ANYTHING happened?

I need a new depressing song to cry to soon™️

Nothing has happened but I sincerely hope this upcoming week is an improvement for you. :kiss2:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Hot Take: How To Disappear is one of the most gorgeous songs i've heard in a long time, and I am dying to hear the studio version at this point.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

https://picosong.com/wJFUq

No need to wait :creep:

I remember a while back you were saying that it sounds off with the remake of the instrumental and lana's vocals

but I borrowed my friends instrumental, autotuned lana's vocals (badly) and it sounds alot better tbh at least to me

you cant use the good sis' live vocals, shes always nervous, so I quickly pitch corrected them vocals and now we got a semi official version :creep:

just listen to the difference it does :creep:

https://picosong.com/wJFrZ/

This is gorgeous af !! Can someone correct the few flaws on her vocals, but without making it robotic? It would be a really perfect version

the robot effect is thanks to filtering out the piano, if i pitch corrected it with the piano in it'd sound like hell was brought to earth :creep:

but eh, I prefer robot del rey than every other note being off tune :creep: 

the robot effect is thanks to filtering out the piano, if i pitch corrected it with the piano in it'd sound like hell was brought to earth :creep:

but eh, I prefer robot del rey than every other note being off tune :creep:

Haha, but sometimes some notes are a bit flat or sharp but nothing that could really be heard unless we really pay attention, so maybe not every note needs to be pitched

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Haha, but sometimes some notes are a bit flat or sharp but nothing that could really be heard unless we really pay attention, so maybe not every note needs to be pitched

see i just think im a crazy bitch, cause even the notes that are slighty off tune in HIAB chorus irk me :thumb3: but yeah i wish there was a real acapella so i could tune it without it sounding like a microwave but oh well

Does anyone know which note Lana is singing in the backing vocals of VB around 1:30? Sounds like an E5 but it's layered and doesn't sound that natural, and I've always wondered. My lazy ass can recognise almost every note, but not this one for some obscure reasons

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~