Elle

“Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass” hardcover Poetry Book Pre-Release Thread

I'm sad that the book isn't available for pre-order in Amazon here in Mexico yet, and I'm afraid it will never get here.  :crossed:

I'm sad that the book isn't available for pre-order in Amazon here in Mexico yet, and I'm afraid it will never get here.  :crossed:

Hopefully it does but if not, I'm sure someone could get another and ship you it, I know I'd do it :)

I’m here to remind everyone Lana said she would go deeper in what feminism is to her... I hope she clears up better her controversial statement... because either it could go bad or good if she clears up everything. I’m a little worried thought it might be controversial and she gets trending and cancelled again

I’m here to remind everyone Lana said she would go deeper in what feminism is to her... I hope she clears up better her controversial statement... because either it could go bad or good if she clears up everything. I’m a little worried thought it might be controversial and she gets trending and cancelled again

I was thinking about that the other day. People are ruthless and I really don't want her to get dragged again :(

that leaked portion of LA Who Am I To Love You makes me very nervous. I really think she’s gonna spill some tea about her and her story she never has before. And yes it might be controversial.

I think it was Behind the Iron Gates that she said she’d go more into feminism in. I do wonder if there will be any controversial surprises in this one. Either way, people will find something to “cancel” her for again, but it won’t make a difference outside of social media.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

she never said that. it was an assumption made by a journalist.

image.png

To me, Lana’s version of feminism is telling her own story, being able to live the life you want, and she feels that there’s no voice that tells her story except her own. And that’s her « jab » at feminism. She tells stories where she is sometimes « more passive » in her relationships and she wants to claim the possibility to tell those stories without being called an «antifeminist » I think.

rAq9klP.jpg

Even with the added photography, I was originally surprised at the thickness of the book considering the amount of poetry - 128 pages(!!!) over 30 poems. But after reading LA Who I Am To Love You today, with its incredible length, it all makes sense and I'm even more so impressed and happy with how much work she's put into this project. And judging by the length of the audio and the speed she read it at, it's easier to tell that most of these poems, if not all, have so much to say. I love it.

ETA: Page number correction smh

rAq9klP.jpg

Even with the added photography, I was originally surprised at the thickness of the book considering the amount of poetry - 128 pages(!!!) over 14 poems. But after reading LA Who I Am To Love You today, with its incredible length, it all makes sense and I'm even more so impressed and happy with how much work she's put into this project. And judging by the length of the audio and the speed she read it at, it's easier to tell that most of these poems, if not all, have so much to say. I love it.

the book is 30 poems (only 14 on the audiobook)

aOaIzH2.gif

the book is 30 poems (only 14 on the audiobook)

OH RIGHT I messed that up rn, but originally I felt surprised with the amount of pages for the amount of poems (30). I still am. It's a lot...  :hooker: I just didn't expect this. It's a much bigger work than I imagined.

OH RIGHT I messed that up rn, but originally I felt surprised with the amount of pages for the amount of poems (30). I still am. It's a lot...  :hooker: I just didn't expect this. It's a much bigger work than I imagined.

it'll be interesting to see how she uses white space on the page for her poems– like if she uses more then even a relatively short poem (1-2 pages) could end up being quite long what with line breaks and formatting etc

aOaIzH2.gif

it'll be interesting to see how she uses white space on the page for her poems– like if she uses more then even a relatively short poem (1-2 pages) could end up being quite long what with line breaks and formatting etc

I look forward to it! Especially the photography, whatever it'll consist of :)

Hopefully it does but if not, I'm sure someone could get another and ship you it, I know I'd do it :)

That's super sweet, thanks!  :wub:

A book tour for this would have been cool and I could imagine she would have actually been down for it as it would feed into her ego of establishing her as a stand alone writer/poet as opposed to a musician. A shame it can't happen in the current climate. Hopefully she will for Behind the Iron Gates!

It would be cool if she went full throttle super hipster and did some readings in coffee shops in San Francisco or something too  :flutter:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

When the book comes out, and we get the poems that were never recorded—we should make fan made recordings of them!

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

do we have a full list of all the poems, or not quite yet?

when i was reading the lyrics on Genius last night, there were 7 untitled Haikus listed in the tracklist for Violets. Not sure what their source is, though. So we may or may not have 21 of the 30 poems (at least in part) 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

when i was reading the lyrics on Genius last night, there were 7 untitled Haikus listed in the tracklist for Violets. Not sure what their source is, though. So we may or may not have 21 of the 30 poems (at least in part)

The haïkus mentioned on Genius are the ones she posted on Insta throughout the years, after she teased Happy.