Elle

“Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass” hardcover Poetry Book Pre-Release Thread

11 minutes ago, World At War said:

yeah, there'll be more poems and pictures taken by lana! not (only) pictures of her, but stuff like idk pictures of the sky 

Damn im so excited. I actually love the poems of Violet. They be inspiring me to write an analysis of some of them.

I’m looking forward to the other poems. I liked the album, but I expected Violet itself to be more. When she says: “through the open concept.” I felt a more ‘falling’ sound would fit better like Alice falling through the hole by the tree. 

So for the other poems I can just make my own concepts of the way it would sound

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

I was watching Ratched yesterday and there was one scene where Finn Wittrock, portraying a killer pretending to have schizophrenia, talks with the psychiatrist, and there were oranges in the scene, not having any relevance in the action but I was curious as to why Ryan Murphy would include those fruits. I thought they may have a symbolism linked to madness, but I searched and oranges are symbols of fertility, luxury, divinity and beauty. 

I wanted to know why Lana chose oranges for the cover and now I get part of the reason but I'm still curious about the madness part because Lana just started tiptoeing the theme of madness and female hysteria and I'm sure that we will hear more about it in COTCC and the next poetry book.

4 minutes ago, SolveEtCoagula said:

I was watching Ratched yesterday and there was one scene where Finn Wittrock, portraying a killer pretending to have schizophrenia, talks with the psychiatrist, and there were oranges in the scene, not having any relevance in the action but I was curious as to why Ryan Murphy would include those fruits. I thought they may have a symbolism linked to madness, but I searched and oranges are symbols of fertility, luxury, divinity and beauty. 

I wanted to know why Lana chose oranges for the cover and now I get part of the reason but I'm still curious about the madness part because Lana just started tiptoeing the theme of madness and female hysteria and I'm sure that we will hear more about it in COTCC and the next poetry book.

Oranges also symbolize happiness & restarting, think of the sun in the morning.

I think Lana chose it because she's finally becoming happy whichever way you look at it. She's always wanted to be a poet. They were also in the music video for UV & NFR among others. I think in a way it's a contrast compared to what she's saying or singing about, which could be conceived as dark or sad

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Not me forgetting if I pre ordered it back in July or not.

I wanted to pre order it but I'm not sure if I did it or not

:rip:

September 26th   29 th will be a surprise for me I guess

Spoiler

Maybe I could  check my e mails but it's so messy :rip::rip:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

20 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

the way literally noone cares whether we get the contents of the book today or in 5 days tho :toofloppy:

You can only speak for yourself. I hate this forum and barely say a thing, doesn't mean I'm not excited for the book lol

anyone else excited as I am for the VBBOTG Hardcover?!?!?!I havent listened to any of the poems except LA who am I to love you. I cant wait to grab a hardcover when it comes out

6 hours ago, yayoop said:

I’ve been waiting to read/listen to it until i have it physically and this preorder wait has been PAINFUL

SAME that’s why I was excited to get mine early ?

7 hours ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Found on Dbree

(yes, Dbree)

https://dbree.org/v/a2b5b3

6 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

the way literally noone cares whether we get the contents of the book today or in 5 days tho :toofloppy:

There’s, like, nothing to leak though :crossed:

Spoiler

California demo would still be nice however . . .