Elle

“Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass” hardcover Poetry Book Pre-Release Thread

When the book comes out, and we get the poems that were never recorded—we should make fan made recordings of them!

I love this idea! It’d be a great way to show Lana how much we support her and her poetry. She already knows we love her for her music, but I’m sure she’d be so happy to know we also love Lana the poet. She could keep writing books in the future!

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I was just checking the book on Amazon and saw one picture of what seems to be the back cover and I hadn't seen it before. I don't know if it's been discussed before, but is this the back cover? 

Spoiler

81mua3bIiEL.jpg

6 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

I was just checking the book on Amazon and saw one picture of what seems to be the back cover and I hadn't seen it before. I don't know if it's been discussed before, but is this the back cover? 

Hide contents

81mua3bIiEL.jpg

oh interesting– maybe so? But also funny (and classic Lana) that she used an IG selfie as her author photo

aOaIzH2.gif

I've still not read/heard any of it yet. I was busy when it came out then haven't really been in the mood to listen to it since :crai:

I would have much preferred a photo less back cover with just the painted cover. The pic could have been on the inside of the book. I know a lot of people were like yasssssss to that pic but I’m not too much of a fan, especially for the cover of a book. 

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

this is the back cover on Amazon US help 

81mua3bIiEL.jpg

:deadbanana:

NO PLEASE WE NEED TO RIOT. THE ORANGE THEME IS SO CUTE SHE JUST RUINED EVERYTHING. I LITERALLY DONT WANT TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK JUST BECAUSE OF THIS UGLY ASS SELFIE IM DOOOONEJDJDJFJFJ

On 8/21/2020 at 8:59 AM, Roll With me said:

Hide contents

81mua3bIiEL.jpg

i wish the back-cover would have a lil author description just for fun :cuteface:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

So HMV UK have an exclusive green vinyl edition up for pre-order if anyone is interested - https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-(1)

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

4 hours ago, venicebitch said:

NO PLEASE WE NEED TO RIOT. THE ORANGE THEME IS SO CUTE SHE JUST RUINED EVERYTHING. I LITERALLY DONT WANT TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK JUST BECAUSE OF THIS UGLY ASS SELFIE IM DOOOONEJDJDJFJFJ

That photo choice is so funny and unsurprising. It would have been fun if she had a real author style headshot taken. Super excited to pick this up in store.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

now why couldn't she just have chuck take a nice little photo of her and put a b&w filter over it

Spoiler

like she does for everything else