Elle

“Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass” hardcover Poetry Book Pre-Release Thread

What’s going on...?

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

K, seeing as nobody else wants to play ... 

I actually think part of this poem might be alluding to a suicide attempt:

Don't take all your secrets alone to your watery grave

Leave me in peace I cry

late at night on a slow boat bound for Catalina for no reason

Tiny beads of sweat dot my forehead

could be mistaken for dew drops if this were photo season.

Maybe she had plans to throw herself off the boat? "Beads of sweat" ... wanting to kill herself but it's still scary when you're actually about to do it? Anxious? Hysterical (and sweating as a result)? 

I'm dark and twisted, though, so ... 

The "committing treason" line could also allude to a suicide attempt 

Has Taylor Swift always posted poetry on her page? Or is this something new? Just wondering if she's copying Lana again. 

3MAbsz6A-oI.jpg

y'all come on its not like lana invented poetry  :facepalm:

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

Oh no... here we go again

Perhaps she’s in conversation with Lana Del Rey, who’s also questioning feminism in her upcoming poetry book, Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass

Stephanie Frerich, executive editor at the book’s publisher, Simon & Schuster for Variety

https://www.vulture.com/2020/06/halsey-poetry-collection-release-date.html

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Perhaps she’s in conversation with Lana Del Rey, who’s also questioning feminism in her upcoming poetry book, Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass

Stephanie Frerich, executive editor at the book’s publisher, Simon & Schuster for Variety

it feels like she’s been talking about the probably still non existent  poetry books for ages now

it’s funny how it’s literally the only thing she mentions in the interviews, on instagram and shit yet it was never actually released and we still don’t have a proper release date because she never sticks to it

it feels like she’s been talking about the probably still non existent  poetry books for ages now

it’s funny how it’s literally the only thing she mentions in the interviews, on instagram and shit yet it was never actually released and we still don’t have a proper release date because she never sticks to it

Yosemite flashbacks

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

:scoff:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

is VBBOTG being about feminism real??? if so.....

then again, we've heard like at least 10 poems from her insta and none of them seem like they're about feminism

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

is VBBOTG being about feminism real??? if so.....

then again, we've heard like at least 10 poems from her insta and none of them seem like they're about feminism

I mean, the publisher would know, so she's either changed them, or it's a huge arse book.

I'm scared

It was the Vulture writer who said that not the publisher.

“Poetry infuses everything Halsey does — from music to painting and performing — so it’s hardly a surprise she’s so gifted with verse,” said Stephanie Frerich, executive editor at the book’s publisher, Simon & Schuster. “We were immediately captivated by her poems the way millions are by her music.” Described as “more hand-grenades than confessions,” the poems also aim to “dismantle conventional notions of what it means to be a feminist in search of power.” Perhaps she’s in conversation with Lana Del Rey, who’s also questioning feminism in her upcoming poetry book, Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass

Exactly I think people are getting confused, it was the Vulture writer who said it, not the publisher's editor, they were probably wrong and they were referring to Behind the iron gates, she said she was gonna be sharing her views mostly in the second book.

Exactly I think people are getting confused, it was the Vulture writer who said it, not the publisher's editor, they were probably wrong and they were referring to Behind the iron gates, she said she was gonna be sharing her views mostly in the second book.

Ohhhh right

Okay that's somewhat reassuring

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

So I guess it’s gonna be physical too, huh

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You