LOVE

Vinyl Collectors/Enthusiasts

5 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

I just designed and ordered this custom vinyl using Ultraviolence / Honeymoon era throwaways! I'm super happy with the design - I ordered it just now from Kunaki. I'll share pictures when it arrives! Here's the packaging

cj5f3G3.png

G374nwL.jpg

Adq7QzS.png

8lCuGy6.png

when the vinyl arrives, can you talk about the quality of the vinyl itself? i've wanted to use kunaki but i've had some fears due to a. copyright issues and b. the vinyl itself being very low quality.

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, The Ocean said:

when the vinyl arrives, can you talk about the quality of the vinyl itself? i've wanted to use kunaki but i've had some fears due to a. copyright issues and b. the vinyl itself being very low quality.

of course! my friend on instagram got one earlier this year and said it’s good quality for what it is, and i believe @Veinsineon also made an AKA one earlier this year and they said the sound was kind of muffled but not in a bad way more of a niche vintage way :popcorn: 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 hour ago, Cherry Blossom said:

of course! my friend on instagram got one earlier this year and said it’s good quality for what it is, and i believe @Veinsineon also made an AKA one earlier this year and they said the sound was kind of muffled but not in a bad way more of a niche vintage way :popcorn: 

Yes! So I found out the reason my AKA sounded off was because I used the iTunes files, and didn’t even convert them to mono before sending them off. I would recommend finding the HIGHEST QUALITY POSSIBLE of whatever u wanna get pressed and then tweaking those a little bit more to satisfy your ears. I got TRANSNATION by SOPHIE pressed alongside another Lana unreleased record a month or two ago, and they sound fantastic. My Instagram is @invtryctrl if y’all wanna take a peak :true:

Irked that Taylor Swift and Lana have started this trend of a ridiculous amount of pressings made for a record. It worked for them, and Folklore had the different variations in artwork, but it's made all of the labels force their random artists to have 5 pressings to back up all of the plants 😭, too much demand and not enough supply imo. Also the supply shortage doesn't help either....and the inflation....oml, the dark ages :biblio:

3 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Irked that Taylor Swift and Lana have started this trend of a ridiculous amount of pressings made for a record. It worked for them, and Folklore had the different variations in artwork, but it's made all of the labels force their random artists to have 5 pressings to back up all of the plants 😭, too much demand and not enough supply imo. Also the supply shortage doesn't help either....and the inflation....oml, the dark ages :biblio:

If an artist has high demand I don't see the problem with having large amount of pressings and multiple versions. Lana and indie Tumblr age music is probably responsible for the vinyl comeback among young people. As someone who lives in a country where buying brand new records is a luxury with a few expensive record stores, it's easier for me to find good deals or search for options online because Lana and other musicians have expensive shipping (usually 30$). 

If you meant that every random artist and their dog are pressing vinyl records nowadays it's soo true and kinda annoying. I've literally seen Kindz Bop and Shrek having records. I don't want to sound like a snobbish hipster but it's so cringeworthy when I see the most random music in a vintage form such as vinyl. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 minute ago, shady said:

If an artist has high demand I don't see the problem with having large amount of pressings and multiple versions. Lana and indie Tumblr age music is probably responsible for the vinyl comeback among young people. As someone who lives in a country where buying brand new records is a luxury with a few expensive record stores, it's easier for me to find good deals or search for options online because Lana and other musicians have expensive shipping (usually 30$). 

If you meant that every random artist and their dog are pressing vinyl records nowadays it's soo true and kinda annoying. I've literally seen Kindz Bop and Shrek having records. I don't want to sound like a snobbish hipster but it's so cringeworthy when I see the most random music in a vintage form such as vinyl. 

I find the variety fun, my issue is more with the "irrelevant" artists having a silly amount of pressings, which clogs up record plants. (IMO) Also these artists who aren't Taylor or Lana rarely have alternate covers, it just seems too uninspired/too money-grabby for me. 

does anyone have a shitty copy of paradise?? like i got mine from barnes and noble in 2014 and i haven’t touched it in so long bc we use my boyfriends paradise record. the differences are his is 180 gram, mine is wayyy lighter than that, and honestly really flimsy and the sound quality basically has no low end or bass. the mids are really strong and the high end is only her S and T’s. the cover is also really flimsy. i would literally guess it was made on kunaki if it didn’t have a spine. which means it’s just bad quality. does anyone else know why or have this? 

giphy.gif

GUYS MY RECORD TURNED UP :kris: i love it so much. it’s a bit crackly but the sound is fine, i think the sound quality would be better if i had converted the files to the right format beforehand. but yes omg it’s so good i didn’t have to pay customs or anything i’m so happy 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

On 1/9/2022 at 12:05 AM, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I find the variety fun, my issue is more with the "irrelevant" artists having a silly amount of pressings, which clogs up record plants. (IMO) Also these artists who aren't Taylor or Lana rarely have alternate covers, it just seems too uninspired/too money-grabby for me. 

Okay, I actually get what you meant lmao. When you said "irrelevant" I thought you meant alternative artists like Men I Trust or something. I've seen no-name artists that don't even have half a million views on YouTube that have an aesthetic splatter record. In many stores half of the of records are from no-names, like what? Who would even buy that? Buying vinyl is still extremely rare and a luxury. I also don't understand people buying random records for the sake of the eXpErIeNcE. It's just consumerism with an excuse. I see it like buying random clothing you didn't even try on or don't even like and awkwardly wearing it. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 1/9/2022 at 12:05 AM, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I find the variety fun, my issue is more with the "irrelevant" artists having a silly amount of pressings, which clogs up record plants. 

FR though!! i’ve seen so many bands who barely have any listeners on spotify have like 10-15 different pressings.

mostly death metal bands.

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4