LOVE

Vinyl Collectors/Enthusiasts

3 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

GUYS MY RECORD TURNED UP :kris: i love it so much. it’s a bit crackly but the sound is fine, i think the sound quality would be better if i had converted the files to the right format beforehand. but yes omg it’s so good i didn’t have to pay customs or anything i’m so happy 

This looks amazing!!

original.gif

3 hours ago, shady said:

Okay, I actually get what you meant lmao. When you said "irrelevant" I thought you meant alternative artists like Men I Trust or something. I've seen no-name artists that don't even have half a million views on YouTube that have an aesthetic splatter record. In many stores half of the of records are from no-names, like what? Who would even buy that? Buying vinyl is still extremely rare and a luxury. I also don't understand people buying random records for the sake of the eXpErIeNcE. It's just consumerism with an excuse. I see it like buying random clothing you didn't even try on or don't even like and awkwardly wearing it. 

i mean these small artists usually only press in small amounts. ( 200 - 1000 pressings) Before the big vinyl boom within these past several years, it was literally mostly just indie artists that were the majority within the vinyl industry.. its literally a form of merch so they can at least make a living off their music career. These small indie artists are also what let a lot of these local indie record stores still thrive. If anything its big name artists and the new trend thats causing pressing plants to get clogged, the vinyl industry in general wasn't ready for the new demand :oprah3:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

2 hours ago, boom like that said:

i mean these small artists usually only press in small amounts. ( 200 - 1000 pressings) Before the big vinyl boom within these past several years, it was literally mostly just indie artists that were the majority within the vinyl industry.. its literally a form of merch so they can at least make a living off their music career. These small indie artists are also what let a lot of these local indie record stores still thrive. If anything its big name artists and the new trend thats causing pressing plants to get clogged, the vinyl industry in general wasn't ready for the new demand :oprah3:

1000% agreed. like…. love taylor…. dislike adele…. but did everyone not see what they both did to the vinyl industry??…. went to target the other day and they had at least 60 vinyls of her new album, walmart had about 30 and they’re overstocked basically everywhere which is really sad because it’s such a waste of plastic idk how some people can’t be furious at it 

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, bigspender said:

1000% agreed. like…. love taylor…. dislike adele…. but did everyone not see what they both did to the vinyl industry??…. went to target the other day and they had at least 60 vinyls of her new album, walmart had about 30 and they’re overstocked basically everywhere which is really sad because it’s such a waste of plastic idk how some people can’t be furious at it 

Completely agree :true:

I think its cool lots of big artists are pressing on vinyl, but they really need to find the line where its too much. Also a lot of these big name vinyls are very cheap and poorly made. So many are so rushed and mass produced that it feels like a waste to everyones time energy and money. When you compare it with indie band/artist vinyls theres such a huge difference in quality. Most indie vinyls, which is a big majority of them, sound crystal clear and the packaging feels great to the touch. Most mass produced vinyls have poster paper sleeves flimsy covers and the vinyls have skipping and don't sound great. You can see which side is more attuned to the vinyl biz 63kdhk0.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

3 hours ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

Just found out kunaki doesn't ship to Italy 

s9kkbLj.gif

Does anyone know any other reliable website where I could order a custom vinyl? :ohno:

Cutsonwax or intheclouds.io?

original.gif

The only big or mainstream artist I can think of that truly had everybody and their mother buying their record was "Fine Line" by Harry Styles....I think the sexy art poster helped the sales-

Spoiler

It worked for me :sass:

Also "Born To Die" seems be another "babies first: 'vinyl is back in' record" it's usually at Target and in stock at Indie Stores :agree:

used to be a vinyl junkie cause it was a. fairly cheap and b. i was having a not like the other girls phase and i stopped buying it because a. i eventually realized that i was DEFINITELY like the other girls and b. it became too expensive :crai:

luckily i became a cd whore and it's a. much easier to play and store and b. it's easier to make bootlegs

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

used to be a vinyl junkie cause it was a. fairly cheap and b. i was having a not like the other girls phase and i stopped buying it because a. i eventually realized that i was DEFINITELY like the other girls and b. it became too expensive :crai:

luckily i became a cd whore and it's a. much easier to play and store and b. it's easier to make bootlegs

i looooove CDs the only thing i’m sad abt is since the vinyl surge, it’s much harder to find good CDs in stores. even best buy took their cd section in stores away:oprah:

but don’t forget cassettes because i’m not like other girls :twirls:

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

FR though!! i’ve seen so many bands who barely have any listeners on spotify have like 10-15 different pressings.

mostly death metal bands.

I follow r/vinyl and I found out that the majority of collectors are millennial male metalheads. They buy records including the limited ones like they're handed out for free. In 90% of case I've never heard of the bands. If they spent more on their appearance they probably wouldn't be able to afford a 300$ record shopping spree:gasp: 

Okay that was mean but true 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

I'm finding this discussion on who deserves to release a vinyl record pretty funny. I remember the switch over from vinyl/cassette to CDs, and even though it was pre-internet, there was still endless discussion in record stores about "what's the point of <insert local band> releasing their record on CD? They only have a few hundred fans!" and, on the other side from vinyl purists who didn't want to switch over to CD, "I'll bother getting a CD player when <insert obscure 60s band> gets released in that format. Until then, CDs are worthless." :thumb3:

It was four years after I first sat down in the lush living room of the one guy at school who had a CD player, and listened to 'Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms' (considered the ultimate audiophile record at the time), that my family got their first CD player.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Guys, I have a question that I can't find on Google...

For what reason some sealed albums have a sticker that has info about the album while some don't? Does it mean that albums without stickers are bootlegs while the albums with stickers are original pressings? That's a theory I heard... 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

12 minutes ago, shady said:

Guys, I have a question that I can't find on Google...

For what reason some sealed albums have a sticker that has info about the album while some don't? Does it mean that albums without stickers are bootlegs while the albums with stickers are original pressings? That's a theory I heard... 

Hype stickers can differ for a number of reasons, but a record not having one doesn't necessarily mean it's fake. For example, the red BB vinyl has different hype stickers depending on where you get it (target vs Europe). There are also sometimes hype stickers for specific batches of releases, that aren't always included on represses (like BTD)