LOVE

Vinyl Collectors/Enthusiasts

Can anyone recommend a good record player that’s not crazy expensive? I haven’t owned one in years and I don’t want to just go out and get one of those “mainstream” box/briefcase ones that probably won’t produce very good audio quality. 

Is it better to try to find a more vintage one that’s in good shape?

I don’t really know where to start lol 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

3 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Can anyone recommend a good record player that’s not crazy expensive? I haven’t owned one in years and I don’t want to just go out and get one of those “mainstream” box/briefcase ones that probably won’t produce very good audio quality. 

Is it better to try to find a more vintage one that’s in good shape?

I don’t really know where to start lol 

Audio Technica LP 120 if new, But if you can find a used turntable with adjustable tracking force & replaceable cartridge/stylus that would be great!

:ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

is it just me or is this a little much…i understand being a collector but do you really need that much of the same album :biblio:

IMG-7423.jpg

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

23 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

is it just me or is this a little much…i understand being a collector but do you really need that much of the same album :biblio:

IMG-7423.jpg

Its be people who collect at least one of every release version for the different wax colour or alt artwork or bonus tracks etc 

The only thing I hate about this is that they're not put down in era order or any order but all the midnights vinyl are together 

53 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

IMG-7423.jpg

This is a little obsessive, but to each their own...

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

Did anyone get more than one copy of the Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book 1: Water vinyl? I couldn't send my payment in time on Amazon and my pre order was unfulfilled and cancelled 😭

hi this is kind of a random place to ask this but i’ve seen so many mixed answers online 

ive only started getting into vinyls in the last week basically since i got my record player but i’m super excited about it so i’ve been doing my research 🥸

ive had a friend who lived in amsterdam tell me about how the price differences of vinyls in mainland europe compared to ireland are a bit of a joke and it’s a rip off here- if anyone can send me the websites or shops they usually get their vinyls off in europe it would be greatly appreciated bc i don’t wanna get mixed up in counterfeits trying to snag some :pray2: 

giphy.gif

On 12/10/2023 at 12:28 AM, Coney Island King said:

Finally….

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmR1Y9ojVIhfphyC12YhG

This might be a dumb question but where did you get it ? I’ve never seen this before, but I notice the Netflix logo at the bottom, so are they selling it ?

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 hour ago, twinkletoes7 said:

hi this is kind of a random place to ask this but i’ve seen so many mixed answers online 

ive only started getting into vinyls in the last week basically since i got my record player but i’m super excited about it so i’ve been doing my research 🥸

ive had a friend who lived in amsterdam tell me about how the price differences of vinyls in mainland europe compared to ireland are a bit of a joke and it’s a rip off here- if anyone can send me the websites or shops they usually get their vinyls off in europe it would be greatly appreciated bc i don’t wanna get mixed up in counterfeits trying to snag some :pray2: 

I'm not in Europe but Discogs I think would be your best bet. If an item is fake or a bootleg or unofficial, the page will be demoted as an unofficial release and is blocked from any sale. 

Plus there are sellers from everywhere in the world on discogs. You can find some in Ireland or in the UK in general if you look hard enough and bookmark their for sale pages for later reference. 

4 hours ago, twinkletoes7 said:

It really depends on the vinyl itself/artist but the cheapest ones I’ve ordered from are: jpc.de , FNAC France and now Rough Trade has opened a UE store too and has decent prices.

also another tip is to simply look at your local record stores, their prices might be a bit more expensive but you’re supporting them + they might able to give you exclusives before the release date. For example there’s Spindizzy Records in Ireland, I’ve been to their store in Dublin and they were super nice !!

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

3 hours ago, The Siren said:

I'm not in Europe but Discogs I think would be your best bet. If an item is fake or a bootleg or unofficial, the page will be demoted as an unofficial release and is blocked from any sale. 

Plus there are sellers from everywhere in the world on discogs. You can find some in Ireland or in the UK in general if you look hard enough and bookmark their for sale pages for later reference. 

22 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

It really depends on the vinyl itself/artist but the cheapest ones I’ve ordered from are: jpc.de , FNAC France and now Rough Trade has opened a UE store too and has decent prices.

also another tip is to simply look at your local record stores, their prices might be a bit more expensive but you’re supporting them + they might able to give you exclusives before the release date. For example there’s Spindizzy Records in Ireland, I’ve been to their store in Dublin and they were super nice !!

much appreciated friends!

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, mssainttropez said:

This might be a dumb question but where did you get it ? I’ve never seen this before, but I notice the Netflix logo at the bottom, so are they selling it ?

It was officially released earlier this year, i actually didn’t even know until months later. Just google Blonde Nick Cave vinyl, it can be bought at a few places online - though i seem to be getting mostly Aussie retailers, probably due to my location setting. There’s a white vinyl and pink vinyl version.

On 12/10/2023 at 8:28 AM, Coney Island King said:

Finally….

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmR1Y9ojVIhfphyC12YhG

Omg. I don't know the series but are there many Nick Cave songs on it? 

Totally different genre, I am totally list with the 9 versions of the upcoming JLo vinyl, lol. Can't decide. As usually, the best covers have the ugliest vinyl versions 😳

It was expensive watch it 

think these are the two rarest vinyls in my collection: 

CD354-E22-72-BA-4668-ADD7-4-F446-A8-A261-D-1-201-a.jpg1-ADC8-F1-B-4-CF2-4-C7-B-8-D48-3-EC4-FF5-B3-D01-1-201-a.jpg

I also have a signed Zella Day Sunday In Heaven LP but I don't think she's big enough (YET) for that to be truly rare...

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

the very first vinyl i purchased was a lana vinyl but i friggin' lost it T_T

i don't have much but i want to collect more. i put a bunch on my wishlist for xmas but this is what i have so far.

422411898-2628810290618117-8859941323540

stream my music on spotify

Btw I made a couple of days ago an Instagram account to keep track of every single variant released by Lana on CD, vinyl, cassette, box set, etc etc, but not sure if it's worth it. There are a ton of accounts like mine but I'd like to do something accurate and tidy

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

59 minutes ago, marcodelrey said:

Btw I made a couple of days ago an Instagram account to keep track of every single variant released by Lana on CD, vinyl, cassette, box set, etc etc, but not sure if it's worth it. There are a ton of accounts like mine but I'd like to do something accurate and tidy

I made one for every CD and vinyl in my possession but haven't touched it in forever lol