Elle

Wantagh, NY @ Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theatre - September 21st, 2019

How the FUCK did she not close with Cinnamon Girl and that stellar outro.

That song was begging to be the closing track tf.

It's a shame really.

I've seen her 10 times, I'll obviously see her again but damn girl.

Breaking our hearts.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Is she having trouble singing? Especially her older songs that require her “deeper” voice. (The CRACKS during BTD )

Smoking is ruing her voice. When will she stop? Even Adele had to quit after she got that throat surgery.

You mean vaping. Vaping is even more dangerous and harmful then cigarettes believe it or not. A lot of people have died from it. Some states are planning on banning it.

I hate to be a complete apologist. I love her too much. But wow at some of you. Constructive criticism is one thing. But..

Some of us don't live inside Lana ass. Some of us don't blindly worship her. 

It's call opinions and if you don't like it - ignore it. Very simple. 

giphy.gif

I hate to be a complete apologist. I love her too much. But wow at some of you. Constructive criticism is one thing. But..

Not mad, just disappointed.

For example, I feel that there is really no excuse for not singing Bartender in its entirety. I could understand if the song had really high notes or something, but it doesn't. I could understand if she was dancing, but she wasn't. It was the second song on the setlist, so fatigue shouldn't be a problem. So ... what is the justification for it?

I can sing that song without problems, so I know she can. It's really difficult to find a reason for it other than laziness. She's a singer. She needs to sing. As far as I'm concerned, asking people to pay several hundred dollars to listen to you sing only half the time isn't good enough. Maybe my standards are too high? I don't know.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Apart from Video Games, Blue Jeans and - occasionally - Summertime Sadness she should not do ANY BtD songs anymore. Born To Die is a great song but her live performances are meh and while the live arrangement of OTTR is cool, she was never actually managing to SING it in full.

The medley was a cute idea but it's old now and she should sing sone full songs instead.

Why not do West Coast and MTWBT instead?

Having Cherry and WM on the set list is not actually a problem sinxe they are so short.

The rest of the setlist on a tour called "The Norman F*cking Rockwell Tour" should be from NFR though - Cinnamon, FIILY, The Greatest, California, HTD, HIAB ... so many possibilities and she choses Doin Tine with a full playback :toofunny:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The whole show design feels so un inspires, it's almost identical to the last show and I loved the design for LATTM but c'mon, make it a little bit more distinctive :toofunny:

Meh setlist, but what's new

And the audacity of her to such a loud backing track in a piano track :toofunny:

At least It seems like she had fun singing and throwing peaches at people :deadbanana:

8nl2OpX.png

Not mad, just disappointed.

For example, I feel that there is really no excuse for not singing Bartender in its entirety. I could understand if the song had really high notes or something, but it doesn't. I could understand if she was dancing, but she wasn't. It was the second song on the setlist, so fatigue shouldn't be a problem. So ... what is the justification for it?

I can sing that song without problems, so I know she can. It's really difficult to find a reason for it other than laziness. She's a singer. She needs to sing. As far as I'm concerned, asking people to pay several hundred dollars to listen to you sing only half the time isn't good enough. Maybe my standards are too high? I don't know.

The back recordings for Bartender...wow.

I was hoping maybe she could play the piano herself while singing it. This is the easiest song on NFR so there was no need for backtracking anyway. 

You're standards aren't too high. That is what a live concert is suppose to be, a LIVE concert. Not a mumbling along with a backtrack recording show. What a shame.  :facepalm:

She's lazy and admits this herself. That's the reason she said she never has the full song lyrics in the album booklets anymore.  :usrs:

Why not do West Coast and MTWBT instead

I actually was rooting for MTWBT! That song sounds amazing live and is a more engaging performance than Hbtb and HM in my opinion

-

She should ditch the current medley and do a deep-cut one:

Heroin/The Blackest Day/California followed by a full performance of The Greatest, a major sad bitch moment :oprah:

8nl2OpX.png

Wow.

This Victorian-dress-wearing, peach-throwing, Bartender-lip-syncing, Shades-of-Cool-singing-whilst-vaping bitch.

I seen that dress be referred to tonight as:

Marmon chic

Pilgrim

Amish

Victorian 

Handmaid's Tale 

giphy.gif

Apart from Video Games, Blue Jeans and - occasionally - Summertime Sadness she should not do ANY BtD songs anymore. Born To Die is a great song but her live performances are meh and while the live arrangement of OTTR is cool, she was never actually managing to SING it in full.

The medley was a cute idea but it's old now and she should sing sone full songs instead.

Why not do West Coast and MTWBT instead?

Having Cherry and WM on the set list is not actually a problem sinxe they are so short.

The rest of the setlist on a tour called "The Norman F*cking Rockwell Tour" should be from NFR though - Cinnamon, FIILY, The Greatest, California, HTD, HIAB ... so many possibilities and she choses Doin Tine with a full playback :toofunny:

I really wanted to hear California live but even if she did do that song in concert, would it really be live? Wouldn't it be just more backtrack vocals and mumbling along with the track? 

I mean really. What's the point? 

I seen that dress be referred to tonight as:

Marmon chic

Pilgrim

Amish

Victorian 

Handmaid's Tale

Honestly though, the dress is the least of my issues. She can wear whatever she likes, throw as many peaches as she likes, and hang from a trapeze for the duration of the show if she wishes, as long as she actually SINGS her songs.

She's always saying that it's all about the music, so make it about the music, Lanz. Do better.

Sitting in the parking lot now. Be a while before I can move my car. Had a great time. Some outstanding moments and vocals. Adam Cohen and Sean Lennon, wow. I'm not qualified to comment but the dress was not the best choice. I'll post more tomorrow and make a video too.

Hope you post your review on your Youtube channel. 

people pay money that they work hard for to see her live and travel and i suppose being there is enough for some people regardless of the setlist but having the same majority btd songs on the norman fucking rockwell tour is silly and makes no sense? this is going to be my first time seeing her so i am still excited but i hope she changes it a little bit. i genuinely miss old lana that used to sing and not let the backing track do it for her, it just seems so lazy ):

Let's start the Lana change the fucking setlist petition

Btw, does anyone have any professional or HQ photos?

There are a few floating around on Twitter. Sean also put up some pics on Insta.

I think it's safe to say the good sis won't be giving up vaping any time soon, she seriously has the vape in her hand in so many of them. :smokes4:

Uno8f8I.jpg

https://twitter.com/LanaDelReyChile/status/1175654179798421505

Honestly though, the dress is the least of my issues. She can wear whatever she likes, throw as many peaches as she likes, and hang from a trapeze for the duration of the show if she wishes, as long as she actually SINGS her songs.

She's always saying that it's all about the music, so make it about the music, Lanz. Do better.

Of course it's about the music but she's not actually serving good songs in her shows anyway. It's sad. 

There are a few floating around on Twitter. Sean also put up some pics on Insta.

I think it's safe to say the good sis won't be giving up vaping any time soon, she seriously has the vape in her hand in so many of them. :smokes4:

https://twitter.com/LanaDelReyChile/status/1175654179798421505

It's obvious she's addicted to vaping. A shame she can't sing without holding the damn thing. Even on the live stream she was vaping. 

Good intentions when she uses that crusty ass medley from the last tour, relies heavily on the backing track, barely switches her setlist up, luvs her tour babies so much she won’t even stay on for 2 hours, and has the audacity to ask for more money for this tour. :rip:

Well, maybe it's time for people to complain. Post it on her instagram or twitter and tell her what songs you want. You can also send her a private message on insta and twitter too. I mean she talks to her "favorite stans" privately on instagram, so why not contact her if you want? Tell her management too. This is your hard earned money going to her pockets and if she can't be bothered to put on a two hour show like everyone else in this industry, then she doesn't deserve your money. It's bad enough she doesn't even sing most of her NFR songs, but to also not bother being on stage for 2 hours? Unprofessional. 

She's asking for more money on this tour. Her merch is ridiculously expensive. She's not earning her money the honest way.