Elle

Wantagh, NY @ Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theatre - September 21st, 2019

I don't really have any opinion on the setlist, but who cares about TNC when Chelsea Hotel #2 exists? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTwkoz0XYhU

The chemistry, delivery, embodiment and synergy between them in this piece is stunning. She sounds beautiful and confident, and clearly loves the song (also no need for any vocal tracks). It's like the piece she was born to sing! Very happy and taken with this performance and it would have been very special to hear live.

I hope one day there is a lil release where they do a studio recording together . . . maybe in 10 years on 'Noir: The Best of Lana del Rey'

3lfQEhw.png

I like them together on stage. This feels much more alive than the studio version.

Yeah, both of the duets were really good. Does anyone else agree that she seems far more relaxed and confident when she's singing with someone else, than when she sings alone? It makes me think that the issue is some sort of stage anxiety rather than laziness. Maybe she just feels really anxious when the focus is solely on her ... more pressure and all that ... but if that's the issue, she should get professional help with it.

Yes, attendance at her shows is still good, and this one sold out ... but performing should be something that's enjoyable for her and I'm not sure that it is. At least, not all the time.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Oh well

Her not performing The Greatest is one of the biggest crimes of this whole thing  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  the song is loved by both fans and critics and it's a recent single so why not perform it?? It's the kind of song that's really made to be performed live and sung along to by a big crowd, it's so big and anthemic!! 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Her not performing The Greatest is one of the biggest crimes of this whole thing  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  the song is loved by both fans and critics and it's a recent single so why not perform it?? It's the kind of song that's really made to be performed live and sung along to by a big crowd, it's so big and anthemic!! 

That "ah ah ah" part is very hard to do well live I don't blame her for not wanting to attempt THAT

Yeah, both of the duets were really good. Does anyone else agree that she seems far more relaxed and confident when she's singing with someone else, than when she sings alone? It makes me think that the issue is some sort of stage anxiety rather than laziness. Maybe she just feels really anxious when the focus is solely on her ... more pressure and all that ... but if that's the issue, she should get professional help with it.

It's just that she puts more effort into her singing when a person she respects is standing right there next to her..she mentioned it one of the recent radio interviews that often while performing at her shows her mind is elsewhere, like what to do about the grocery shopping and stuff like that. So she is not focused. It is obviously different when Sean Lennon is right there with her, so she is more present and tries more.

I'm really hoping she adds it but at this point even if she replaces the two duets she did with two NFR tracks it's not enough to fit the following gems :

The Greatest, Cinnamon Girl, FIILY, California

so let's just cry

That "ah ah ah" part is very hard to do well live I don't blame her for not wanting to attempt THAT

The way she performed Cola in some of the Paradise tour dates and how she performed Pretty When You Cry on the LA To The Moon Tour makes me believe sometimes she can sing the hardest ones live

and then there's tracks like Cherry which will never have the high note done live

y'all saying she hates touring because she doesn't have your fav songs on the setlist?

I don't know why are we acting like this is brand new information. Lana has never made a secret of the fact that she does not like performing and touring. It's not her forte, she loves being in the studio the rest is just things she has to do because it comes with the job.

Throwback to this 2011 interview just after she blew up, even back then she was like "aw damn I need to go on tour" (1:08) not "yay there is demand for me to go on tour"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UrbXuDkzLI

Yes, attendance at her shows is still good, and this one sold out ... but performing should be something that's enjoyable for her and I'm not sure that it is. At least, not all the time.

I think thats always been her problem and it will be why she has the dancers with her, she is probably a little more relaxed when she feels like all the attention isn't on her.

Also, I’m super surprised that she didn’t sing Cinnamon - every single fan at her festival shows screamed for her to play it! I thought she knew it would be a fan favorite. But maybe the band don’t know it yet...

She knows Cinnamon is a fan favorite, she mentioned it in one of the livestreams. She just does not want to do it.

I am pretty happy with the setlist. I have never seen her live, so I am happy listening to anything. Ride is my favourite so I am v excited about that. Wish there was more NFR songs on there, but I think in general I just wish she would sing for like 3+ hours. Lol. I wonder if it will change at all before I see her in Los Angeles. I know she said she has friends coming to that one, I wish she would just leave it as the duets because I love TNC and CH.

its the same damn people complaining each time lmao im not in love with the setlist either but complaining seriously won't get her to change anything. the reason she rarely changes the setlist is because the songs she sings are usually the ones she LIKES to sing. let the girl do her thing, and if it's not for you, you don't have to pay for a ticket for the tour.

and yet she doesn't even really sing those

To think some people spent $200 or $300 + to see this mess of a show. 

Go see Marina better. Her new album is eh but she put on a hell of a show. Marina's worth the money. Same goes for Florence + The Machine and Kasey Musgraves. 

:toofunny:

literally the first thing i thought of yesterday ''i can't believe i skipped out on marina and bought tickets for two lana shows'' 

she even did the white dress with sneakers better

https://twitter.com/MarinaDiamandis/status/1175103649858519040

I went spur of the moment and let me tell you this is the first Lana show i actually regret paying $200. . People are not exaggerating:)

It was beautiful being by the water though.

Also f*ck the price of the merch. $50 for a crop top? FOH.