Elle

Wantagh, NY @ Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theatre - September 21st, 2019

Imagine having 6 studio albums, more than 200 unreleased songs, several soundtrack themes and collabs, yet sticking to the same 15 songs for nearly 4 years now. Imagine opening your NFR tour with the summer-festivals set. Imagine ghosting Ultraviolence, Honeymoon and now also NFR. Fuck. If I've paid for last night's concert, I think that I would be cutting my testicles off in this moment.

By the way, what's that throwing peaches thing you are all talking about?

I think Lana has always been in her own lane where he music doesn't necessarily translate that well live or in a large venue but her fanbase is so large and she can sell out larger venues. I don't think she really has the stamnia or endurance -or even the desire to maintain good level of singing for an entire show. I see no reason why she couldn't put on a great show she just needs to realise her strengths and play to those I don't think she's ever got it right

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Imagine having 6 studio albums, more than 200 unreleased songs, several soundtrack themes and collabs, yet sticking to the same 15 songs for nearly 4 years now. Imagine opening your NFR tour with the summer-festivals set. Imagine ghosting Ultraviolence, Honeymoon and now also NFR. Fuck. If I've paid for last night's concert, I think that I would be cutting my testicles off in this moment.

By the way, what's that throwing peaches thing you are all talking about?

She threw a peach into the audience.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I doubt she'll drag Sean and Adam over to Europe for the UK and EU leg, so hopefully the band will have learnt more NFR material by then

It will either be 2 songs shorter or she'll play Carmen and national anthem ctfu

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I think Lana has always been in her own lane where he music doesn't necessarily translate that well live or in a large venue but her fanbase is so large and she can sell out larger venues. I don't think she really has the stamnia or endurance -or even the desire to maintain good level of singing for an entire show. I see no reason why she couldn't put on a great show she just needs to realise her strengths and play to those I don't think she's ever got it right

Yeah, her music is really suited to small crowds. The ideal place to see her would be in like a large bar or small club with only like 300 people, dark with low ceilings and her singing a lot of the sadder/slower songs to me anyway.

You will probably get a better experience at her shows when shes like 50 and may not be selling 1,000s of tickets.

I think I finally have the power to face this: Her voice just died. Look how she couldn't got the high notes on nfr which are e5s I think? She murdered one of fav song bartender with the backing track and those horrible low notes. Also aside from her voice I think she makes it harder for her too by using backing tracks that are higher than her voice. Look how she handled Chelsea hotel. Like what I mean when she uses that high backing track it forces her to be the exact same which is impossible. Take Chelsea hotel old money and doin time and compare them you'll see what I mean

Yeah, both of the duets were really good. Does anyone else agree that she seems far more relaxed and confident when she's singing with someone else, than when she sings alone? It makes me think that the issue is some sort of stage anxiety rather than laziness. Maybe she just feels really anxious when the focus is solely on her ... more pressure and all that ... but if that's the issue, she should get professional help with it.

Yes, attendance at her shows is still good, and this one sold out ... but performing should be something that's enjoyable for her and I'm not sure that it is. At least, not all the time.

You're definitely right! I think it would be better if she hired back singers. Imagine how it be awesome to hear video games with them. Also it would open the lane to have more live version songs and not trying to mimic the studio version with backing vocals

This board is full of terrible fans. I can’t believe the shit I am reading a few pages back. Some “fans” need to be permanently banned if they dislike Lana this much.

Who even said they don't like lana. But c'mon she can do better than this mess. You don't have to like everything she does if you're a fan. Criticize is one of the best ways to support someone. Both positive and negative.

I still want two shirts and the patch from her surf shop but like, I could probably get a concert ticket for the same price and I have no income at the moment but I know buying them later from someone on like eBay will be x1000 the original price so I’m just conflicted and don’t know what to do and think about this daily. :uncomfortable:

Sorry for such a long sentence. :uncomfortable:

i hope the surf shop will be open until you get paid or somethin x

don't worry i think it will be available for another month

:smile3:

I'm awake. I had a dream last night I couldn't find my car. Probably because I couldn't last night! Random thoughts on the show. Beautiful evening and uneventful getting to my seat. I spoke a bit with people near me but did not mention my YouTube channel at all. Didn't want to weird anyone out. Overall Lana's voice was great. This thing with the backing track had me wonder sometimes as I would hear hear voice but the mike was at her side. Hmmm. She definitely was singing though. I love Blake but the way the mix was sometimes the guitar would would overshadow or dominate and not compliment her voice. Not his fault just part of playing a large venue I guess. Seeing Adam Cohen and Sean was great but Lana kind of dropped the ball with Adam. Not everyone there knew who he was or that she sang a duet with him. His entrance was a bit lackluster and I think an introduction where he is not on stage and then Lana said ladies and gentlemen please a warm welcome for Adam Cohen as he came out would have been better.  He kind of came out and was standing there while she was introducing him and he did not get the reception he deserved. Great performance though. Sean got more response but people know him for who he is and of course Tomorrow Never Came. I was happy she did Bartender and NFR, a standout of Lana's entire catalog. I wanted HIAB and surprised she did not do Brooklyn Baby as she has done that so well in concert and a personal favorite of mine. I know nothing about fashion but Lana always looks good and has a different outfit for each show. This choice I thought was odd. Instantly I was like, Whaat? It looked like something someone would wear to hide something about their body, weight or pregnancy. Not making a value judgement about weight or pregnancy I seemed to notice the dress when normally I wouldn't. (I wear the some golf type shirts for 365 days a year so I shouldn't comment on fashion.)

The whole pit thing can end as far as I am concerned. The pit area that is sectioned off is about 3 or 4 times as large than the people who are pressed to the front. Some concerts people probably spread out and dance and aren't all pressed forward. Why I care is that space pushes back where the first rows of seats are. I had a good seat but was still further back than I wanted. I appreciate the fans that wait and want to be close to Lana but at this point it is almost a joke. Twice Lana went through the front almost by obligation and not long she was back on stage.

The backup "singer/dancers" I could lose too. I am sure they are nice people and am happy they got this once in a lifetime gig. But are they dancing? Are they singing? I think they are there to keep Lana comfortable. Whatever.

As far as the set list people should calm down a bit. Yes it is a bit lazy. She could do some album songs that she hasn't. Born to Die stuff will always be in. That was her nemesis that became her golden child. It is the one that the largest audience is familiar with. She did songs from the new album. I know people complain not enough though. It is common  that when a major act plays the worst thing a fan can hear is, "Now we're going to do something off our new album". I know her fan base has NFR but she probably didn't want to overdo it, Remember all 15,000 people there are not Lanaboards members. Doin' Time probably got the biggest immediate response because most people have heard it. That was a real missed opportunity. While she was doing that I was waiting at some point for Giant Lana to appear on the screens. If she had used part of the video the crowd would have gone bullshit. I mean we were at the beach for God's sake.

Overall had a great time. I hope other members get that she is not some obscure, alt artist that has her little community of fans. She is big business and music product. She is creative and talented but fame has many sides. So to play these large venues around the world there is a certain common denominator she has to reach out to. YES the set list should be updated, mixed up. YES she should know the lyrics to her songs. I'll drive home soon and decompress. I'll make a video.

Well, some scathing comments here from her “fans”. Ok, so not enough NFR tracks. Hopefully her management team are reading all this “constructive” criticism and are re-evaluating the set list.

giphy.gif

I'm awake. I had a dream last night I couldn't find my car. Probably because I couldn't last night! Random thoughts on the show. Beautiful evening and uneventful getting to my seat. I spoke a bit with people near me but did not mention my YouTube channel at all. Didn't want to weird anyone out. Overall Lana's voice was great. This thing with the backing track had me wonder sometimes as I would hear hear voice but the mike was at her side. Hmmm. She definitely was singing though. I love Blake but the way the mix was sometimes the guitar would would overshadow or dominate and not compliment her voice. Not his fault just part of playing a large venue I guess. Seeing Adam Cohen and Sean was great but Lana kind of dropped the ball with Adam. Not everyone there knew who he was or that she sang a duet with him. His entrance was a bit lackluster and I think an introduction where he is not on stage and then Lana said ladies and gentlemen please a warm welcome for Adam Cohen as he came out would have been better. He kind of came out and was standing there while she was introducing him and he did not get the reception he deserved. Great performance though. Sean got more response but people know him for who he is and of course Tomorrow Never Came. I was happy she did Bartender and NFR, a standout of Lana's entire catalog. I wanted HIAB and surprised she did not do Brooklyn Baby as she has done that so well in concert and a personal favorite of mine. I know nothing about fashion but Lana always looks good and has a different outfit for each show. This choice I thought was odd. Instantly I was like, Whaat? It looked like something someone would wear to hide something about their body, weight or pregnancy. Not making a value judgement about weight or pregnancy I seemed to notice the dress when normally I wouldn't. (I wear the some golf type shirts for 365 days a year so I shouldn't comment on fashion.)

The whole pit thing can end as far as I am concerned. The pit area that is sectioned off is about 3 or 4 times as large than the people who are pressed to the front. Some concerts people probably spread out and dance and aren't all pressed forward. Why I care is that space pushes back where the first rows of seats are. I had a good seat but was still further back than I wanted. I appreciate the fans that wait and want to be close to Lana but at this point it is almost a joke. Twice Lana went through the front almost by obligation and not long she was back on stage.

The backup "singer/dancers" I could lose too. I am sure they are nice people and am happy they got this once in a lifetime gig. But are they dancing? Are they singing? I think they are there to keep Lana comfortable. Whatever.

As far as the set list people should calm down a bit. Yes it is a bit lazy. She could do some album songs that she hasn't. Born to Die stuff will always be in. That was her nemesis that became her golden child. It is the one that the largest audience is familiar with. She did songs from the new album. I know people complain not enough though. It is common that when a major act plays the worst thing a fan can hear is, "Now we're going to do something off our new album". I know her fan base has NFR but she probably didn't want to overdo it, Remember all 15,000 people there are not Lanaboards members. Doin' Time probably got the biggest immediate response because most people have heard it. That was a real missed opportunity. While she was doing that I was waiting at some point for Giant Lana to appear on the screens. If she had used part of the video the crowd would have gone bullshit. I mean we were at the beach for God's sake.

Overall had a great time. I hope other members get that she is not some obscure, alt artist that has her little community of fans. She is big business and music product. She is creative and talented but fame has many sides. So to play these large venues around the world there is a certain common denominator she has to reach out to. YES the set list should be updated, mixed up. YES she should know the lyrics to her songs. I'll drive home soon and decompress. I'll make a video.

I agree with you about the pit thing. That was the worst part of the venue (other than the parking lot at the end ugh...). I was happy with my 4th row seat behind the boxes and the pit. But the pit was larger than I expected. They don't oversell it for safety reasons obviously but that is a big waste of space.

Someone mentioned Pretty When You Cry. I forgot to mention that was a highlight for me. At the end of the song she's wailing, "I'm pretty when I cry" and they had a great closeup of her face and she was workin it. The Academy Award goes to:

aight im giving my onion on the sitch

i knew damn well going in buying tickets over $100 was gonna likely leave me disappointed, so i got cheapish tickets but I still had a really good view since it was just behind where the orchestra seating ended. i didn't have the issue of weird sound imbalances some others complained about except the backing vocals on that medley which hearing live did change my opinion on it since sounds so much better in person were super obnoxious and really poorly mixed at one point. am i mad about the setlist? absolutely not. is it quite similar to her previous ones? yeah but considering she did multiple "rarer" songs, i'm quite content but i really would've loved if she actually just went straight into singing all of GKIT after ride. oh and the dancers annoyed the fuck out of me especially during bartender

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

you contradict yourself

of she does not care

she would not react to that review

IT IS CLEAR SHE DOES CARE VERY VERY MUCH

about everything

but she just lies she does not

maybe it is easier for her to believe in that

anyway

I am not going to see her again

and as I said I will not buy her cds anymore...

yeah... I love her

but will not spend money on smth that she does half heartedly

there are artist who actually put EFFORT into what they are doing

from live performances

to

booklets

and so on

if you believe 

her albums/cds are recorded 

“half heartedly”

please message elle

and have her ban your account