Elle

Wantagh, NY @ Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theatre - September 21st, 2019

It is that serious, and honestly yes I would rather her stop doing live shows I literally said so. Her set list doesn’t deliver great live shows. Her shows suck they are a waste of money. I have the right to say that. As a fan who has been supporting her since 2011 in every way possible but seeing her live. I can say her shows sucks. Just like anyone can. Look if you’re ok with listening to butchered lazy performances be my guest. Her vocals didn’t sound great, she looked ok, and the show seemed boring. Also no need to be shady with that comment on the end. I’m not one of the stans that think that paradise was her peak. I even mentioned really liking her shows from 2016. I said it my post that concerts are expensive and time consuming. It’s a slap in the face that she can’t even try.

You’re entitled to your opinion I’m just trying to say it really wasn’t that bad. A far cry from butchered. I think she sounded great and was clearly into performing that night. Her shows are never really high energy but I could never be bored at a show of hers even if I don’t like the setlist. I get feeling disappointed but people are acting like she flubbed the whole show and she really didn’t

You’re entitled to your opinion I’m just trying to say it really wasn’t that bad. A far cry from butchered. I think she sounded great and was clearly into performing that night. Her shows are never really high energy but I could never be bored at a show of hers even if I don’t like the setlist. I get feeling disappointed but people are acting like she flubbed the whole show and she really didn’t

The videos don’t lie....

Lana about her own songs she's scarcely/never performed: The band doesn't know how to play that song yet!!! Lol!!! 

*Performs with band on BBC, covering Ariana Grande songs instead*

Tour prices get more and more expensive, performs a short ass show with the near same setlist as the last tour right down to the same medley and backdrops, relies on the backing track on songs like the piano driven Bartender, cuts songs short bc why not. Luv my tour lyfe babiez :rip:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

petition to change the medley to Terrence Loves You, Old Money, and Love Song

Brilliant Suggestion. 

My ideal setlist is: 

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell 
  2. Bartender 
  3. Happiness is a Butterfly
  4. Born to Die/Summertime Sadness
  5. How to Disappear
  6. Cherry
  7. The Greatest 
  8. Pretty When you Cry 
  9. Love Song/Change/Old Money/Terrance Loves You
  10. Ride 
  11. Brooklyn Baby
  12. California
  13. The Blackest Day 
  14. Mariners Apartment Complex 
  15. Music to Watch Boys to 
  16. Cinnamon Girl
  17. Shades of Cool
  18. Swan Song

Encore

19. Get Free

20. Video Games

21. Venice Bitch

I mean ideally Video games wouldn't even be on there... but just being realistic :P (despite the rest of it being unrealistic)

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

I like them together on stage. This feels much more alive than the studio version.

I wish Lana had done this duet with Misty or Julien Lennon. Sean Lennon can't sing. His voice is the reason I never was able to get into that song in the first place. He tries so hard to sound like his dad it's embarrassing. Julien has a much better voice and he doesn't try so hard. 

This is interesting and cute

I like this song

but here you can actually see/hear how she is actually bad live

:/

singing comes so natural to him

while you see she puts effort into even very basic singing

with no high notes or anything

There's no back tracks for TNC or CH, so she had no choice but to sing them live last night. She actually had to test her vocals right there before singing that song with Sean.  :facepalm:

the first time i saw lana it was great to hear btd songs, but also she didn’t have anything else out besides paradise so :toofunny: i feel like she thinks her concerts are majority locals with the exception of her stalkers at barricade, so she caters to locals on purpose. maybe she’s scared ppl won’t know the other songs. maybe she’s not confident trying out new songs. she should do it anyways tho

UbsOye5.png

the first time i saw lana it was great to hear btd songs, but also she didn’t have anything else out besides paradise so :toofunny: i feel like she thinks her concerts are majority locals with the exception of her stalkers at barricade, so she caters to locals on purpose. maybe she’s scared ppl won’t know the other songs. maybe she’s not confident trying out new songs. she should do it anyways tho

I think nerves stop her from being more experimental with her setlist unfortunately... 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

and yet she doesn't even really sing those

:toofunny:

literally the first thing i thought of yesterday ''i can't believe i skipped out on marina and bought tickets for two lana shows'' 

she even did the white dress with sneakers better

https://twitter.com/MarinaDiamandis/status/1175103649858519040

Marina looks like a goddess every night though. 

Look how gorgeous she looks tonight:

https://twitter.com/MarinaDiamandis/status/1175970014899232768

I don’t think we can “blame” it on nerves anymore though, she’s said herself that she could wake up in the middle of the night and be a ready to get on stage. She is confident but I think that maybe she’s chilling a bit too much on stage. Maybe.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Can concert goers who are dissatisfied with a show get a refund? I know some movie theaters do that but what about concerts? 

I don’t think we can “blame” it on nerves anymore though, she’s said herself that she could wake up in the middle of the night and be a ready to get on stage. She is confident but I think that maybe she’s chilling a bit too much on stage. Maybe.

She needs a reality check. This thread is a good start. I hope she reads here. We know her management looks at this forum a lot.

Doin Time is absolutely an essential song on nfr. Thematically and sonically.

The song is intrinsically California and lyrically ties in the growth and maturity of her song writing.

What’s not clicking? What’s not clicking????

Cinnamon Girl, The Best American Record and Bartender are all paradise/BTD rejects that should be erased.

This post is cancer.

The  fuck.

She needs a reality check. This thread is a good start. I hope she reads here. We know her management looks at this forum a lot.

This thread and this one too: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/10631-lanas-lacking-live-performances-a-discussion/

(Maybe her management checks this forum from time to time but we also know they don't particularly like us so I guess they just dismiss our concerns.)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Here's a more practical setlist for the NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL TOUR! - not the greatest hits tour she seems to be doing...

01. Norman Fucking Rockwell

02. Bartender

03. Season Of The Witch (Just until November, then it should be California)

04. Born To Die

05. Love Song

06. Cinnamon Girl

07. Cherry

08. Fuck It, I Love You

09. Happiness Is A Butterfly

10. Black Beauty / Young & Beautiful / Ride

11. Video Games

12. Mariners Apartment Complex

13. Terrence Loves You

14. Summertime Sadness

15. Doin' Time / West Coast

16. The Greatest

17. Shades Of Cool

18. Venice Bitch

You don’t have to write something for it to fit in with the rest of album. Doin Time is a song about blaming the abuser.

Lana went from “hit me and it felt like a kiss”...weak willed, anti feminist..MAGA mess to taking a more feminist stance with songs like NFR, MAC and making political commentary with The Greatest, Hope, California etc. She’s being praised by critics for this exact reason.

Screw you. I honestly can't with y'all fake ass feminists going against other women for sharing their experiences, calling them problematic and saying they romanticize shit and whatnot. She's an artist she doesn't have to oblige to your so called SJWs book of rules, she can do what she wants. If anything trying to act like she's all about girl power/Hollywood feminism all of a sudden actually makes her look quite disingenuous in my honest opinion. She was just tired of being labeled as problematic by these so called music critics and twitter/tumblr SJWs so she just changed her narrative and it shows, and it's honestly just sad.

anigif_sub-buzz-32546-1517083470-5.gif?d

Screw you. I honestly can't with y'all fake ass feminists going against other women for sharing their experiences, calling them problematic and saying they romanticize shit and whatnot. She's an artist she doesn't have to oblige to your so called SJWs book of rules, she can do what she wants. If anything trying to act like she's all about girl power/Hollywood feminism all of a sudden actually makes her look quite disingenuous in my honest opinion. She was just tired of being labeled as problematic by these so called music critics and twitter/tumblr SJWs so she just changed her narrative and it shows, and it's honestly just sad.

anigif_sub-buzz-32546-1517083470-5.gif?d

while i dont think that the newer songs make her sound disingenuous, i do agree that she was NEVER really anti-feminist. she said the concept was uninteresting to her, and while i think that shows a little ignorance, the themes in her songs have always been feminist and i think the people criticizing her for her older work are just looking for something to nitpick. ultraviolence is infamous for its abuse subject matter, but people view it in a light that's completely unfair and *surprise surprise* sexist.

giphy.gif

Random thought: what if Barry was in one of the California shows...and they dueted "Summer Wine" and then she sang "California" to him on stage? I get chills just imagining.  :flutter:

PLEASE don't plant this seed in my head I creepily miss them enough already :defeated:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Hi. After camping out since Friday morning I can honestly say that is my last time.. her fans/groupies are literal garbage and I lost brain cells just by being in their presence... it’s quite terrifying how OBSESSED they are for Lana ... anyways the show was extremely underwhelming .. not sure if anyone mentioned it but the night before, she came out after rehearsing all day and said she was losing her voice .. she had also received some bad news .. so I’m assuming that’s why she didn’t give it her all.. too bad there was already 15,000 people in the crowd. She isn’t terrible live as I’ve seen her before but this time around I guess it was just bad timing :/