Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I was listening to the Zane lowe interview below her page on Apple Music and at the end it plays Venice bitch the single version and to my surprise it sounds so much more wider and spacier then the album one?????

If jack actually had the ability to produce like this then why do nfr sound so much cramped up?

9 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

If jack actually had the ability to produce like this then why do nfr sound so much cramped up?

i honestly have no idea

and jack has produced some very good songs post-NFR because i'd say roughly half of chemtrails & the new track are excellently produced - not to mention some of his work for other artists (not all of it is great but the good stuff HITS)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

14 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

I was listening to the Zane lowe interview below her page on Apple Music and at the end it plays Venice bitch the single version and to my surprise it sounds so much more wider and spacier then the album one?????

honestly any difference between single vs album version of Venice Bitch isn’t Jack’s fault. most singles that are released before an album is done are re-mastered later with the rest of the entire album to blend better with everything else, it’s the mastering engineer’s fault haha

3 hours ago, the ocean said:

wait a minute... is she why i enjoy some of jack's stuff and absolutely loathe others...

laura sisk when i catch you

i honestly think it is omg like she’s public enemy #1 as far as im concerned

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

On 12/5/2022 at 6:24 PM, cherrytropico said:

lanaboards is the only safe space for us nfr haters. everyone else can’t fucking shut up about how it’s her magnum opus and can’t ever be topped and cocc/bb are her worst albums and blah blah :eyeroll:

(btw i’m not a nfr hater necessarily it just ranks low for me because it’s too safe and a bit boring) 

I do not care for it overall. I like VB, MAC, TG, and, to a lesser degree, CG and Hope, which I do recognize is brilliantly written.  ‘Doin’ Time’ I really don’t count, since it thrown on at the last minute to boost sales. I think Lana has done much much better. 

I don’t know why CG sounds so muffled and ill-produced. I would like it a lot more if the production was clearer. I do like the outro and thunder sounds, but wish the production on the outro, like the rest of the song, was also better produced. 

Honestly, I say this as a fan of NFR, but that album really isn't cohesive at all in terms of sound, especially if you replace the final cover with its original concept cover shot by Steven Klein. I think people get so swept away in the beachy aesthetic of the album cover to realize that NFR is a very...chaotic album in terms of sound as well.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Honestly, I say this as a fan of NFR, but that album really isn't cohesive at all in terms of sound, especially if you replace the final cover with its original concept cover shot by Steven Klein. I think people get so swept away in the beachy aesthetic of the album cover to realize that NFR is a very...chaotic album in terms of sound as well.

What was the original cover???

Just now, nectarofthegodss said:

b3q8mdhp6ks31.jpg?auto=webp&s=2c0b5cc81a

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

Giving pastor interlude vibes:hdu:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

2 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

For the record, that Steven Klein “cover shoot” was just a test shoot/wardrobe fitting for V Magazine - the original cover was only the UO one!

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

For the record, that Steven Klein “cover shoot” was just a test shoot/wardrobe fitting for V Magazine - the original cover was only the UO one!

Thanks for clarifying bestie!

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

(sorry, didnt see that someone else said this <3) this is actually an edit (i'm pretty sure? by honeymouns?) and the photoshoot is likely a test shoot for the vogue italia shoot or something related as the wardrobe was the same!

sUcVobB.png