Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

This is the NFR thread! Let's keep all discussion about the spoken word album in its respective thread. I'll be moving all off-topic posts to their respective thread later so it doesn't clog up this one.

Spoken Word Album Thread

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Guys I don't know if you've talked about this but apparently there's a rumour going around that Lana is actually gonna perform at the grammys...thoughts?

Maybe Jack plays piano again and she will sing the piano version of How to disappear or Hope or Norman Fucking Rockwell. Hopefully she will not use backing vocals because I'm afraid that they are too loud and you can't really hear her real voice. And if this rumour will be turn out to be true I hope that it not will be a SNL Performance 2.0

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

i know lana is more than capable of an incredible performance, but is it wrong to say i kiiiiinda hope she doesn't perform?? she gets so incredibly nervous, i'm so worried she'd mess up and it'd put her off performing once again.

orrrr maybe if she'd do it and mess up, she'd serve paradise-era levels of effort in her vocals and looks and performances again to make up for it, kinda like post-SNL  :creep:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

You go to the grammy's and sing and flub up; it's a time-honored tradition. NFR, the song, as SOTY nominee is the logical choice, with Jack at piano. Would she change the lyrics to "kissed me so hard ..."? Or keep the lyrics as is and be bleeped out. I hope she would do the latter, because then everybody would actually know what that (brilliant) lyric is.

Thinking about how yesterday, Hope turned 1... Crazy how many things change in a year, but also how many things or feelings stay the same. This song helped me a lot in 2019 until the end. I thank Lana for this masterpiece

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Listened in full for the first time since release. Wow, what a beautiful project. Not a huge Lana stan anymore, but she did something here. She deserves AOTY. Can't believe how much she delivered on this bible.

Lana nominated for Brits along with Lizzo, Billie, Ariana and Camila Cabello.

in what category lol better be best album lol

Lana nominated for Brits along with Lizzo, Billie, Ariana and Camila Cabello.

in what category lol better be best album lol

Lana announce a grammy performance challenge you did the Apple thing performance you can do this too cx4PhhH.gif

Yess. So many people saw this event so... she can live up to Grammy’s preassure as well.

giphy.gif

nfr is #108 on bb200...im suprised that its having some staying power, lfl dipped off the chart after like 3 weeks

LfL spent 22 weeks on bb200. Norman 19 weeks. But it won’t fall due to Grammys.

giphy.gif