Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

don't know why, but i'm surprisingly careless towards this album, i mean i enjoy listening to it but i dont think about it very much when i'm not. i dont always have the energy to go back to it. like there's many other artists that have took me by surprise since lust for life and idk what this all means but maybe im just growing out of lana a little bit? i'm just not really feeling this new real version of herself, as unhealthy as this sounds, but i prefered her larger than life "LANA DEL REY" image/persona/style/music - everything about it was fascinating to me, and now im just not sure if she really has much else to offer aesthetically (if she plans on ditching her creative role as the sad beauty queen)

i know comments like this today are bound to recieve a lot of backlash but i just prefer artists that can levitate out of themselves and build their art into a character and create a world from it, im not saying lana hasn't done this on NFR but it seems like she's becoming just a regular white t, denim jeans wearing, guitar playing, singing about the sign of the times artists which im not really here for,

i just love music and art that can be so unbelievably bizzar and strange that it feels surreal. thats how btd, uv and hm made me feel

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Ngl that made me extremely angry. It’s plain disrespectful that she couldn’t be arsed to learn a song that’s lyrics repeats itself a lot and is very simple to learn/remember.

Jesus Christ Lana where’s the professionalism?

who cares. lana's never been a particularly "professional" live entertainer and that's part of her charm imo. 

Idk if anyone noticed, but Doin' Time debuted at #59 on Billboard 100, was this finally pushed to pop radio? Cause that's like a massive jump. :creep:

I really wish she will do more performances cause if the mix wasn't horrible she could've killed it in the Live Lounge.

Also Don't Call Me Angel will be sent to both US Pop and Adult Pop Radio beginning from next week  :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png

Wrong.

Her livestream literally a week ago sounded divine.

Looking For America sounded divine.

Almost every festival she's played this year has been sublime.

ETC

I love sis but she didn't even go for a lot of the notes in that live stream ...

LFA was fine.

The live shows, as usual, were a mixed bag ... some songs/shows she sounded great, others not so much.

Let's not pretend that she always sounds flawless, especially lately.

It's not that she can't sing, we know that she can. It's definitely a confidence issue ... she comes off as very unsure of herself. She doesn't sing half of her songs and we all label her "lazy" or incapable of singing when in reality I think she's just scared of messing up. I remember watching the live stream of Malahide and she sounded very shaky at the start, even when she was just talking to the audience.

I also thinks that's why she brought in Ashley and Alex ... I think having them there on stage with her reassures her. Unfortunately, it still doesn't seem to be enough.

As I said on the other thread, if she sings Shades of Cool during this tour - SINGS, not just murmurs along to a backing track - I will be shocked.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It really pisses me off how they could have fucked up her performance like that. Whether it was her or who ever was in charge of mixing etc.... HOW SWAY!!! HOW!!! why would they upload it like that.. I don’t get it.. other than that she sounded good.

Also, I’ve been seeing a lot of negative members in here a lot lately, criticizing every little single thing about her from how she talks to her facial expressions, looks, not liking the album etc... eww... IMHO. If you don’t like the album fine. State your opinion and MOVE ON. We don’t need to read your constant paragraphs about how much you hate it and dislike Lana now... also, there is some of them that come off as trying to be super edgy and going against the grain, because they see everyone else like something so they feel the need to be the ones that are against it... YOU’RE SOOOOOOO FREAKIN COOOOOOOL. lol.

Anyway... idk why but the title track is so addictive fml.

Summer's gonna end in a few weeks, and I think we're gonna enter a new sort of mood for the record just wait. The transitioning from summer to fall's always so magical, it's like all these secrets and emotions are just gonna come pouring out

don't know why, but i'm surprisingly careless towards this album, i mean i enjoy listening to it but i dont think about it very much when i'm not. i dont always have the energy to go back to it. like there's many other artists that have took me by surprise since lust for life and idk what this all means but maybe im just growing out of lana a little bit? i'm just not really feeling this new real version of herself, as unhealthy as this sounds, but i prefered her larger than life "LANA DEL REY" image/persona/style/music - everything about it was fascinating to me, and now im just not sure if she really has much else to offer aesthetically (if she plans on ditching her creative role as the sad beauty queen)

i know comments like this today are bound to recieve a lot of backlash but i just prefer artists that can levitate out of themselves and build their art into a character and create a world from it, im not saying lana hasn't done this on NFR but it seems like she's becoming just a regular white t, denim jeans wearing, guitar playing, singing about the sign of the times artists which im not really here for,
i just love music and art that can be so unbelievably bizzar and strange that it feels surreal. thats how btd, uv and hm made me feel
Girl next door Lana's one of my faves tho. Idk for me, it's always sorta been this way, but I actually love how immersed I've been this era. Maybe it's just bc we're diff people, but I personally connect w these tracks so much more easily, it's like a breath of fresh air. 

She's still got heaps of potential of being the rock/ hippie guru goddess we know, but I'm thinking she'll be pacing herself a lot more in the future.

UV/Honeymoon

Every time I go to start this album I find myself just replaying the title track over and over. It’s just so good. The entire album honestly blows me away, I can’t believe this collection of tracks turned out to be one of the best I think I’ve ever heard. Still doesn’t knock UV off her seat but I think it easily fights with HM for second place for me

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I'd love for Lana to have mini commercials to advertise the record, and be able to collaborate w companies while extending her art. The Greatest can be used w Coca Cola, bc it's so wholesome. Love Song, for one of those cotton, the fabric of our lives commercial. MAC and VB music videos for surf/skater stores, HiaB too. I actually heard Cinnamon while shopping for clothes last week. 

Which music videos are we still getting btw? The poetry book's still a thing which I'm extremely glad for

- A collaboration w polaroid, for limited edition NFR photo borders would be wonderful too. 
- an art book, similar to how video games have books dedicated to the art and mechanics behind that world the creators've made. like a visual anthology book, per album.
- Lana-babe decorated surfboards 
- Poster merchanidse

Somebody call her marketing team, we have some ideas

UV/Honeymoon

Every time I go to start this album I find myself just replaying the title track over and over. It’s just so good. The entire album honestly blows me away, I can’t believe this collection of tracks turned out to be one of the best I think I’ve ever heard. Still doesn’t knock UV off her seat but I think it easily fights with HM for second place for me

i cannot stop listening to the title track...

s a y y e s t o h e a v e n :twirls:

Anyway, all the songs on this album have grew on me except Love Song :( It's such a beautiful track sonically but I always skip it.

Also, Cinnamon Girl is still NFR's masterpiece. Facts only x

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: