Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

They've just uploaded it to Youtube.

I like Break Up with your Gf but I'm gonna pretend this performance of Doin Time never happened.

Lmao I was like what is everyone going on about but damn, that mixing for DT needs help. At 1:03 even the drummer looks a bit wacked out from it. 

Anyway, Break Up With Your Gf was adorable, and I live for her yeah yeah:hooker:

She seemed so angry in the Doin' Time performance that she gave all she had and went higher and hit an easy A5 instead of the normal G5 at the end of the bridge lol

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Also I wanna add in that I can't believe some of you are genuinely bothered that she covered Ari's song "cause Lana is pushing 40" lmao not only did she just turn 34 this summer but jeez, let her live her life bruh. Just cause everyone gets older it doesn't mean you're no longer able to connect with the music of someone who is younger, or can't enjoy the same things anymore. Music is music.  :facepalm:

Also I wanna add in that I can't believe some of you are genuinely bothered that she covered Ari's song "cause Lana is pushing 40" lmao not only did she just turn 34 this summer but jeez, let her live her life bruh. Just cause everyone gets older it doesn't mean you're no longer able to connect with the music of someone who is younger, or can't enjoy the same things anymore. Music is music.  :facepalm:

Does that apply for the deceased as well?

photo-28852.jpg?_r=1567728208

Doin Time debuted at #59 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart btw, sleeper hit

I predict it will peak at 30-20, which is amazing

I can’t hear her voice. And I like the BUWYG cover, but omg does someone hate her at BBC? Or maybe someone on her team? Does it sound like this live in the room because idk how this got a pass. I remember when the band drowned out her voice, she used to scold the sound engineers on stage, like especially back in 2014. Idg why she lets it slide since 2017.

In other news, Instagram Music is updating NFR songs on the app.... ABOUT DAMN TIME!

Finally!! I've been waiting to post specific stories just for that

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Idk why but when I saw her reading lyrics of BUWYG off her iPhone I CRINGED hard  :deadbanana: She is lit rally the laziest singer out there

Ngl that made me extremely angry. It’s plain disrespectful that she couldn’t be arsed to learn a song that’s lyrics repeats itself a lot and is very simple to learn/remember.

Jesus Christ Lana where’s the professionalism?

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I raise some monarch butterflies and I named one of them Norman a few weeks ago. He hatched today and I played him Happiness is a Butterfly before he flew away.

I was on a walk the other afternoon back to my apartment from class, and five of the most beautiful butterflies I've ever seen landed on me while I was playing that song. It's easily my favorite song on the album because of a special moment like that I have attached to it now. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.