Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

It's not new that Metacritic reviews aren't representative of the reality. I mean... I love Ariana but getting 86 for her most recent album is the biggest joke ever. And reviews don't like Lana much... I hope she gets at least a 80

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

It's not new that Metacritic reviews aren't representative of the reality. I mean... I love Ariana but getting 86 for her most recent album is the biggest joke ever. And reviews don't like Lana much... I hope she gets at least a 80

It truly depends on their selection of magazines that go into the score. If you read some of the reviews, Stereogum f.ex., they are full of praise for NFR:

https://www.stereogum.com/2056565/lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rockwell-review/franchises/premature-evaluation/

why y’all still talking about it in here there’s a whole thread for it

I thought it was new news when I saw it in here lol oops soz

Are people putting Looking For America in with NFR and if so, where?

At the end for me along with the physical version of FIILY

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It truly depends on their selection of magazines that go into the score. If you read some of the reviews, Stereogum f.ex., they are full of praise for NFR:

https://www.stereogum.com/2056565/lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rockwell-review/franchises/premature-evaluation/

It still depends on the artist, it's rarely objective. Ariana didn't get a 86 because her album was incredible. I'm sure reviewers were like "oh my god she broke up with her boyfriend and wrote an album about that such an empowering woman! And she must be so sad! Let's give her amazing scores because she's also the biggest pop star at the moment"

On the other hand, reviewers with Lana are often like "why the fuck is she experimenting again? Can't she just be normal and do BTD all over again? Where is even the BTD Lana? Let's give her average scores because we're too stupid to understand what she's really about and that she's grown up"

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Do you think the lyric changes in TNBAM are because her feelings changed or because she realised the original lyrics are pretty harsh and she didn't want to hurt whoever the song was about (barrie)

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

GUYS!!!!!!!!

I’ve already written parts of it,” the artist told The Times. “It’s called White Hot Forever. I feel like it probably will be a surprise release sometime within the next 12 or 13 months.”

https://www.google.pl/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/lana-del-rey-new-album-white-hot-forever-norman-fucking-rockwell-release-date-tracklist-a9084746.html%3famp

Oh my FUCKING GOD.

A record called WHITE HOT FOREVER??? THAT'S A SURPRISE RELEASE???? SHE'S TRYING TO FUCKING KILL ME

Her double-single realeses where so on point though .. Releasing MAC  and VB as the first songs was perfect because it really set the mood and introduced us to the new style of the record. Both were kind of weird and not the classic-Lana-material you'd expect.

And FIILY/ The greatest was a SUPERB hype-up for the album - both songs are incredibly good and while The greatest is pretty classic Lana-material, playing in the league of her best songs,

FIILY is a stellar song that really NEEDS some room to breath and bloom in order to be appreciated. If it wouldn't have been a single I guess I wouldn't have payed it the attention it deserves if I would have listened to it in the context of the full-album-release for the first time.

The only bad single was HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI because a) it's not single material and b) it really kind of spoiled the experience of hearing it as the album closer. The power that could have had ... now you know what to expect and even though it still is a very special song, the full effect it can have as a closer is kind of underminded by the early release.

I think it would have been a better idea to release Love song, HIAB or Norman fucking Rockwell as a third single.

Pretty happy she DID NOT release Cinnamon Girl as a single though, because it really feels like the center piece of the album and is strong enough to fully shine with all those other new excitings songs around. Having it early would have kind of weakened it just the way HIADT lost a lot of it's effect because of the single release.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Do you think the lyric changes in TNBAM are because her feelings changed or because she realised the original lyrics are pretty harsh and she didn't want to hurt whoever the song was about (barrie)

I think the lyric changes have made this song sound like a demo.  The original lyrics have more power. Still beautiful however.

I’m so glad this album turned out to be 14 tracks. So much better than the possibility of only 11

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I think the lyric changes have made this song sound like a demo.  The original lyrics have more power. Still beautiful however.

I think that's the general consensus yeah, I'm just so curious as to why!

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Her double-single realeses where so on point though .. Releasing MAC  and VB as the first songs was perfect because it really set the mood and introduced us to the new style of the record. Both were kind of weird and not the classic-Lana-material you'd expect.

And FIILY/ The greatest was a SUPERB hype-up for the album - both songs are incredibly good and while The greatest is pretty classic Lana-material, playing in the league of her best songs,

FIILY is a stellar song that really NEEDS some room to breath and bloom in order to be appreciated. If it wouldn't have been a single I guess I wouldn't have payed it the attention it deserves if I would have listened to it in the context of the full-album-release for the first time.

The only bad single was HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI because a) it's not single material and b) it really kind of spoiled the experience of hearing it as the album closer. The power that could have had ... now you know what to expect and even though it still is a very special song, the full effect it can have as a closer is kind of underminded by the early release.

I think it would have been a better idea to release Love song, HIAB or Norman fucking Rockwell as a third single.

Pretty happy she DID NOT release Cinnamon Girl as a single though, because it really feels like the center piece of the album and is strong enough to fully shine with all those other new excitings songs around. Having it early would have kind of weakened it just the way HIADT lost a lot of it's effect because of the single release.

I agree with MA/VB but FIILU is one of my worst trax on the album.  HIADT... I didn't appreciate it until I heard it in context with the alum to be honest. I love it now but hardly played it as a single.

I agree with MA/VB but FIILU is one of my worst trax on the album.  HIADT... I didn't appreciate it until I heard it in context with the alum to be honest. I love it now but hardly played it as a single.

I really LOVE FIILY, it's such a surfy-sumery track and it's actually much more introspective than you'd expect from the title. I like its "melancholic happiness" a lot and it really fits the vibe of this part of the season. But yeah, things like that are personal preferences

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!