Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

3,741 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

How to write a Jared post: Criticize anyone who doesn’t suck Jack Antonoff’s toes, insult those who don’t find Hope to be the most exciting song ever made, hate on any other artist that hasn’t worked with Jack and/or is mainstream, NEVER make a post less than 17 lines, and always make sure to ramble on, terrible and ugly gif that gives me motion sickness

fixed

locals only

there's more Frenchies on the board than i thought there would be!! thought i was the only one :brows:

anyways it's no surprise California is everyone's favorite, it's literally a track that belongs to Ultraviolence. the lyrics are kinda corny though.. like cmon Lana.. rhyming choose and lose? :creep:

Hollywood's Dead, Elvis is crying, Marilyn's sad 

Yes, Carlifornia is actually a very political song. It literally talks about climate change and war in the same song. It idolizes Cali as a safe state compared to rest of America. 

Some of the ignorant girlies here tried to come for me. Please.

I absolutely agree. LDR lyrics have turned into very intimate and raw storytelling with subtle political comments.

there's more Frenchies on the board than i thought there would be!! thought i was the only one :brows:

anyways it's no surprise California is everyone's favorite, it's literally a track that belongs to Ultraviolence. the lyrics are kinda corny though.. like cmon Lana.. rhyming choose and lose? :creep:

Oh oui!  :giggle:

On the contrary, she's being massively overhyped/overpraised and shoved down everyone's throats even though she's a talentless industry plant whose only job is to whisper shit her brother writes for her.

Like NFR? *badum tss*

(That one was too easy, I just had to  :creep: )

You literally just described all the girls who would listen to Lana during the BTD era. Hell, not only girls but gays too! The point is: why should we shame women based on how they want to feel or be perceived by others? Especially young girls since that's the majority of Billie's audience. Trashing girls and women because they want to feel a certain way is so... misogynistic? Why are y'all so bothered by this? Don't you realize that by saying this you're just being even more boring acting like what you listen is "real" music and you are, in fact, the unique one? It's the same behavior those dudes who listen to rock bands exhale when they see a girl wearing a t-shirt of some 80's band. Literally who cares? Why invest so much time and energy on why some people listen to a certain artist? Don't you guys get tired?

eggzachly. love this sm kinda wanna make it my signature. love u

m8dL5mn.png

They hate to see it because they can't afford their medication for BPD.

Must have had a huge impact on your sad, pathetic lives to remember my posts! Fresh air is good for you. I know.

Someone has to put you dumb fucks in your place. Clowns.

you really came back to campaign for ugliest posts, u win sis!

and are we using bpd as an insult now? that's hot. tell me again how someone is mentally ill for having a different opinion? not gonna lie, your posts are super disgusting and i think we've had enough of your little outbursts.

m8dL5mn.png

"Unamused but never fully disengaged, Lana Del Rey stormed into the middle of 2019 with a softly raging album that took the world by surprise. While plenty of fans have insisted since “Video Games” that Lana had a masterpiece in her, subsequent releases have been good, and even great, but never had the year-defining force that Norman F*cking Rockwell does. A self-assured, introverted beach philosopher with a heart of gold, and the go-to crooner for soundtracking marquee movies, Lana has so often been fascinated by singing stories of the past. On Rockwell though, she belts and sighs about the state of union, Kanye West, and the ever-present ache of falling for a man child. While we all live in a world ruled by those, Lana’s sharp observations offer a welcome balm. “F*ck It, I Love You” is the most worthy antidote for despair, and happiness has delicate wings, but no matter how strange and slippery hope is, with Lana, we have it."

one of my favorite year-end reviews (no. 1 spot of course) i 100% agree with the bold part.

"Unamused but never fully disengaged, Lana Del Rey stormed into the middle of 2019 with a softly raging album that took the world by surprise. While plenty of fans have insisted since “Video Games” that Lana had a masterpiece in her, subsequent releases have been good, and even great, but never had the year-defining force that [/size]Norman F*cking Rockwell does. A self-assured, introverted beach philosopher with a heart of gold, and the go-to crooner for [/size]soundtracking marquee movies, Lana has so often been fascinated by singing stories of the past. On [/size]Rockwell though, she belts and sighs about the state of union, Kanye West, and the ever-present ache of falling for a man child. While we all live in a world ruled by those, Lana’s sharp observations offer a welcome balm. “F*ck It, I Love You” is the most worthy antidote for despair, and happiness has delicate wings, but no matter how strange and slippery hope is, with Lana, we have it."[/size]

one of my favorite year-end reviews (no. 1 spot of course) i 100% agree with the bold part.[/size]

Omg, this is awesome, but you’re about to trigger the same members that post how much they hate NFR and Jack lol.

Inb4 100+ pages filled with the same members and the same type of posts and think pieces about what’s wrong with NFR and Lana.

Wheww imagine If sis wins AOTY, I can already imagine the meltdowns lol.

Like I don’t understand why some people just can’t move on and go to the LDR7 pre-release thread or any other thread. I honestly think it’s because this thread is more active and they fear they won’t get their post seen or any attention lol. Oh well.

at least we're not ugly, you can't relate xx

Interesting that you guys think so...I mean you‘re not less ugly at all, you lil victims.

Hope Siri reminds you NFR haters to take your meds and to log out forever!

Merry Christmas!

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
please do not joke about mental illness

I can't believe I missed out writing in french. SACRED BLUE! 

TIENS~! California is the MVP for the album. 

Like I don’t understand why some people just can’t move on and go to the LDR7 pre-release thread or any other thread. I honestly think it’s because this thread is more active and they fear they won’t get their post seen or any attention lol. Oh well.

But all the conversation in this thread is about NFR, either the acclaim, the production or our opinions! I will talk about Jack's sloppy production on the new album when the time comes!  :flutter:  

E A T            T̷ H̷ E̶            R̶ I̷ C̵ H̴             tumblr_o31zf4pNq61ufd98oo4_500.gifv

Another thing, I don’t understand why those same weirdos think it’s ok to keep posting the same negative things and rage as soon as someone comes in and calls them out, but god forbid anyone or @@Jared for example comes in here and posts something positive about Jack, Lana, the album or the era as a whole, they instantly attack that person or post paragraphs about why that person is wrong lol. And if you do contradict them they instantly say “omg are you Jack!!? Omg are you on jacks payroll!! You’re wrong!! I can’t connect to NFR, so you have to hate the album too! Lana peaked in 2012, Lana peaked in 2014, Lana peaked in 2016!!” Etc etc. lol, at this point issa joke already, hang it up flat-screen lol.

I also thought it was funny that before NFR was released or nominated for AOTY, some people hated Billie and now they suddenly love her?? Lol.. like I think it was yesterday, that I saw someone say “oMg iMaGiNe BiEnG JeAlOuS oR ThReAtEnEd bY a TaLenTeD 18 yEaR oLd” when before y’all would say she sucked or was fake depressed/emo. BilLiE eYeLaShEd sUcKzZzZ!!!111

Anyway, Doin Time fits so perfectly on the album! Imo lol. It’s such an awesome song lol. I hate the YouTube comments lol. They’re all filled with the same damn annoying comments “omgahh!!1 people really think she made this song!! If people think this is her original song they’re sooooo dumb!!11” actually, you know what? The comment section on the video for Doin Time is very similar to some of the same weirdos on here lol, who would have thought, huh. Lol.

Oh and today I was watching the 3 part video on my big screen T.V with the surround system, and idk why but Bartender finally hit me today... I- I think I finally grew to love it. Wow... and I’d like to add that the Bartender and the video for it imo go together so well. And it was actually very enjoyable imo. Don’t @ me and debate your grandmother lol. The scene with Lana and her friends sitting on the rocks posing is so iconic.

Omg, this is awesome, but you’re about to trigger the same members that post how much they hate NFR and Jack lol.

Inb4 100+ pages filled with the same members and the same type of posts and think pieces about what’s wrong with NFR and Lana.

Yeah like, people have been stanning for a decade and now that shes on her way to become a legend, is getting universal acclaim and has found a musical soulmate, her OWN FANS are being negative af... if you dont like the album it is more than okay to post why you feel its not good, but being mad at lana, jack, the album and the critics all at the same time is just :rip:

Girl wyt we'll be happy for her  :creep:  at the end of the day I defend NFR against people that hate it because they hate lana. I only feel comfy actually analyzing it and giving my actual opinion to people that don't have vitriolic hate for her lmao. Anyway, it's not as though she's up against much lmao. You're projecting again.

Also I hope that y'all were full of nothing but praise on the LFL page. 

Also kind of curious why a mod is alright with people slinging BPD as an insult when someone was warned for calling someone a b-tch on another thread? I sure hope it's not because he agrees with their NFR opinion.

locals only

I can't believe I missed out writing in french. SACRED BLUE!

TIENS~! California is the MVP for the album.

But all the conversation in this thread is about NFR, either the acclaim, the production or our opinions! I will talk about Jack's sloppy production on the new album when the time comes! :flutter:

Lol, but the point is that people keep beating the same dead negative horse. Lol. Like many other people have said, state your negative opinion it’s fine, but to keep doing it over and over to the point where it’s the same negative opinion on every page, it gets annoying to see. When many people just want to come here and have a good conversation about the album/era and everything that’s going on and etc.

Wait, didn’t you hear? “Jackoff” is no longer producing any future LDR albums, Lana came on here and read all the negative posts about NFR and Jack therefore canceling jack and any future collaborations. The ONFRH rejoice!