Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

ive already written WHF on so much stuff I hope she doesn't change itĀ 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gifĀ  Ā tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gifĀ Ā tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Ā 

I have a feeling that this album will be either one of her best albums or one of her worst albums ....i hope it will be turn out as one of her best

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Ā Itā€™s on my album Honeymoon. Itā€™s the antithesis of hopefulness. Itā€™s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Ā 

I have a feeling that this album will be either one of her best albums or one of her worst albums ....i hope it will be turn out as one of her best

She didnā€™t put out a record that was bad up to this point. WHF might deceive anyone who loves NFR so much ( like myself). Iā€™m curious for WHF, but itā€™ll come out when it does and she can take as long as she wants, as long as itā€™s the best it can be. To me, NFR will be hard to top.

Ā 

i hope it's a ultraviolence/honeymoon thing - both amazing albums released (almost) within a year

"summertime,Ā and the livin's easy"Ā  :smokes3:

i hope it's a ultraviolence/honeymoon thing - both amazing albums released (almost) within a year

Ā 

I liked your comment at first, but then I realized that you implied that NFR is on the same level as Ultraviolence, and that the follow up record, in that case WHF/LP7 will be as equally "good" as NFR. If anything Lana should make a 180 change from that record and go into a completely different direction with an entirely new producer/collaborator for this album to be remotely interesting to me.

Ā 

Ā 

We saw what Jack could "bring" out of Lana, and it was pretty surface level to me personally. The real surprise for WHF would be Lana actually getting out of her comfort zone and not make another tedious album filled with soft, almost non existent instrumentals, poorly recorded piano ballads and songs that just don't go anywhere and don't hit the spot.

Ā 

^^^ i think the comfort zone comment is an important detail. sometimes i think it's too easy for lana just to kinda go with her first draft of every song when she's working with someone she's super comfortable with, and for them to just approve it. i've banged on about lana'sĀ slightly lazy lyricism on NFR before (despite the album also having some of her finest lyrical work!) and i would love love love if for WHF she worked with someone who pushes her and encourages her to tighten it up. "lying on ur chest in my party dress im a fuckin mess but iiii ohhhhĀ thanks for the high life honey its the best pass the test and yes" like no pls no more of that thank u

Wq9zHLl.jpg

^^^ i think the comfort zone comment is an important detail. sometimes i think it's too easy for lana just to kinda go with her first draft of every song when she's working with someone she's super comfortable with, and for them to just approve it. i've banged on about lana'sĀ slightly lazy lyricism on NFR before (despite the album also having some of her finest lyrical work!) and i would love love love if for WHF she worked with someone who pushes her and encourages her to tighten it up. "lying on ur chest in my party dress im a fuckin mess but iiii ohhhhĀ thanks for the high life honey its the best pass the test and yes" like no pls no more of that thank u

Ā 

Exactly. I feel like Jack didn't push Lana at all. I very much remember reading an article in which Lana was very impressed with some sort of chord progression Jack was working on and saying she wanted that for NFR and that ended up being the instrumentals for Love Song... one of the songs I very much think its instrumentals is non-existent. The whole thing just made me realize how much of a "Yes man" Jack is, or he just goes along to get along. I'm not only blaming him for the album's weaknesses, they are both responsible for that. I agree with you on this also, there are a lot of lyricism highlights on the record, but also a lot of songs that just sound... eh. While I very much likeĀ Venice Bitch, I can't stand the actual "it's me your little Venice bitch" line, alsoĀ Fuck it I luh yaĀ has got to be the cringiest line Lana has ever uttered for an eponymously named song.Ā  Also, the Kanye West namedrop inĀ The greatest, was so unnecessary too and to me it was like Lana tried to be edgy.

Ā 

I feel like it's a bit too late for WHF/LP7 to differ fromĀ NFR, because Jack basically confirmed that he and Lana they never really stopped working on songs together. My hopes for the next record to actually differ fromĀ NFR aren't very high. I feel like we're going to get more or less of the same style, not the same album, but the same beige/generic acoustic vibe.Ā 

I liked your comment at first, but then I realized that you implied that NFR is on the same level as Ultraviolence, and that the follow up record, in that case WHF/LP7 will be as equally "good" as NFR. If anything Lana should make a 180 change from that record and go into a completely different direction with an entirely new producer/collaborator for this album to be remotely interesting to me.

Ā 

Ā 

We saw what Jack could "bring" out of Lana, and it was pretty surface level to me personally. The real surprise for WHF would be Lana actually getting out of her comfort zone and not make another tedious album filled with soft, almost non existent instrumentals, poorly recorded piano ballads and songs that just don't go anywhere and don't hit the spot.

Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

(The Greatest, Venice Bitch, MAC, and Love Song being excluded from the narrative)

Exactly. I feel like Jack didn't push Lana at all. I very much remember reading an article in which Lana was very impressed with some sort of chord progression Jack was working on and saying she wanted that for NFR and that ended up being the instrumentals for Love Song... one of the songs I very much think its instrumentals is non-existent. The whole thing just made me realize how much of a "Yes man" Jack is, or he just goes along to get along. I'm not only blaming him for the album's weaknesses, they are both responsible for that.Ā 

Ā 

I feel like it's a bit too late for WHF/LP7 to differ fromĀ NFR, because Jack basically confirmed that he and Lana they never really stopped working on songs together. My hopes for the next record to actually differ fromĀ NFR aren't very high. I feel like we're going to get more or less of the same style, not the same album, but the same beige/generic acoustic vibe.Ā 

Ā 

so true!!! i always found that love song story so funny, cause honestly... that's one of my least fav songs on the album hahah

Ā 

yeah, i do think it's gonna be similar to NFR. the title (which probably won't even remain the title lmao) makes me feel like there's a chance she could amp it up a little with this record, turn the heat up, make it sensual and sexy and freeing....Ā but i'm not keeping my hopes up. i do like NFR, but i'd love something different.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

i never said nfr is on the same level of ultraviolence and i believe it's not

but yes, it would be great if she make a 180 change from nfr, just like it was with ultraviolence/honeymoon

Keeping NFR in mind, the title WHF makes me think of something desert-y. Forgetting NFR and thinking of WHF it makes me think of songs like the untouchable 5. If somehow she could combine the two, I would be so happy. I just feel like NFR lacked the dramatic, cinematic soundscapes she just does so well with :/ I want it back

UbsOye5.png

I just so much want her to go off and do smth completely unexpected and new. Like a really dark horror style rockish album of her as a rebel or vice versa an ambient tender record wich is deeply erotic of her as a sexy mistress. BUT I know she'll never do any of this shit and will stay deep in her comfort zone

I just so much want her to go off and do smth completely unexpected and new. Like a really dark horror style rockish album of her as a rebel or vice versa an ambient tender record wich is deeply erotic of her as a sexy mistress. BUT I know she'll never do any of this shit and will stay deep in her comfort zone

Ā 

PLEASEEEEEEE OMGGGGGG

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I hope she will keep up with the good lyrics and more mature tone. Seems like she has grown some. Somehow I feel like this will be like a crossover between Honeymoon and Lust For Life

Ā 

dark horror style rockish album - wow now i really want it

Honestly she should just give us an album in vein of Hollywood, Angels Forever and Yes To Heaven... Kinda like a Paradise album vibe but fresh and more dreamy.

Ā 

Ā 

Exactly. I feel like Jack didn't push Lana at all. I very much remember reading an article in which Lana was very impressed with some sort of chord progression Jack was working on and saying she wanted that for NFR and that ended up being the instrumentals for Love Song... one of the songs I very much think its instrumentals is non-existent. The whole thing just made me realize how much of a "Yes man" Jack is, or he just goes along to get along. I'm not only blaming him for the album's weaknesses, they are both responsible for that. I agree with you on this also, there are a lot of lyricism highlights on the record, but also a lot of songs that just sound... eh. While I very much likeĀ Venice Bitch, I can't stand the actual "it's me your little Venice bitch" line, alsoĀ Fuck it I luh yaĀ has got to be the cringiest line Lana has ever uttered for an eponymously named song.Ā  Also, the Kanye West namedrop inĀ The greatest, was so unnecessary too and to me it was like Lana tried to be edgy.

Ā 

It's funny you both saying Jack wasn't too firm because I remember a post on her instagram where she was saying that "Jack is so demanding" lol. At the time, I was excited because I thought we would have something different from the usual Rick Nowels (now I bite my tongue because I really want him backĀ  :usrs: ) and actually liked the idea of him being demanding, like pushing her off her comfort zone to give a extremely impactful album. But well, for me at leastĀ  :toofunny:Ā ...........

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593